Tanelorn Bulgaria 1960s-1970s.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 789
  • Tanelorn Bulgaria 1950s.png
    Tanelorn Bulgaria 1950s.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:
Bulgarian infantry, 1960s and 70s.

1950s
Is it true the Bulgarian Army was deploying T-62's before any other Warsaw Pact members (other than the Soviets themselves, of course)? I recall reading that somewhere, but can't quite remember where or when.

Post 2013 Cypriot National Guard. AK74M are used by special forces units. HK G3s are currently being replaced by Tavor X95s. To do navy special forces (OYK)

Attachments

• Tanelorn modern Cyprus.png
    Tanelorn modern Cyprus.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:

Cyprus OYK (similar to the US underwater demolition team)

Attachments

• Tanelorn Cypriot OYK.png
    Tanelorn Cypriot OYK.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

Currently, Turkey plans to replace the G3 with their 7.62 MPT76 (a piston AR10) for general service and the HK416 with the 5.56 MPT55 for their special forces.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Turks with MPT76.png
    Tanelorn Turks with MPT76.png
    6 KB · Views: 484

Patine asked for it. In the 1990s they adopted the darker version of the Yugoslav pattern and had a mix of old yugo and US surplus helmets and gear. After 2009 they adopted a number of pixelated patterns, this four tone grey-brown one predominates. Except for their special forces, they retain their old Yugo equipment.
Updating France.

Attachments

• Tanelorn FYROM.png
    Tanelorn FYROM.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:

Patine asked for it. In the 1990s they adopted the darker version of the Yugoslav pattern and had a mix of old yugo and US surplus helmets and gear. After 2009 they adopted a number of pixelated patterns, this four tone grey-brown one predominates. Except for their special forces, they retain their old Yugo equipment.
Updating France.
Awesome, @Tanelorn. And I noticed you typed the whole post without using their self-declared national name once... :p

As usual, these arrive at a fortuitous time. :D

Austrian armed forces from the 1957 pea-duckhunter and olive drab uniform and the FN FAL Stg58 to the Steyr AUG Stg77. They moved to a yellow-green pixel camo this year. To do.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Austria 1957-2017.png
    Tanelorn Austria 1957-2017.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 571

Austrian armed forces from the 1957 pea-duckhunter and olive drab uniform and the FN FAL Stg58 to the Steyr AUG Stg77. They moved to a yellow-green pixel camo this year. To do.
Wow, what a coincidence! I was just posting to a guy from Austria on another forum, and then I surf to CivFanatics, and see this awesome unit spread!

The Austrian MoD announced in September 2017 that the entire Bundesheer would be outfitted in new uniforms featuring a camo pattern, by the middle of 2018.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Austria 2018.png
    Tanelorn Austria 2018.png
    13 KB · Views: 483
Ah, the CETME Ameli. Such a cool looking 'mini MG42' but by all accounts utter garbage in the field. I heard most Spanish Marines ditched them in favour of the old MG3 & Minimi where available. You can't always judge a book (or machinegun) by the cover!

Added the Spanish iegion. @McMonkey The CETME L also suffered from terrible quality control. They have since ditched both for licenced HK guns.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Spain.png
    Tanelorn Spain.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 512
The British Army had to get H&K involved with the L85A2/A3 which had long suffered from reliability issues. By all accounts, it's an excellent rifle now. A distant relative of mine, Major General Colin Shortis, was involved with its introduction into service when he was the British Army's director of infantry in the 1980s.

The British Army had to get H&K involved with the L85A2/A3 which had long suffered from reliability issues. By all accounts, it's an excellent rifle now. A distant relative of mine, Major General Colin Shortis, was involved with its introduction into service when he was the British Army's director of infantry in the 1980s.
Sounds like a certain American Assault Rifle.:p

Top Bottom