[RD] The threat to American Democracy

spade's a spade.

this is a rd thread, but post 1 is already off track

how is this rd material? the name calling and projection are out of control lol
That's easy. You are allowed to lie, cheat and steal if you play the victim oppressed card.

More like liars and cheaters are going to always include that one in their bundle of tricks, right?

Evil people have friends to leverage for advantage, so their enemy is principled, actioned, good. So they seek to make people not believe in it.

party of racists calling people racist always raises eyebrows too
TheMeInTeam calls a party, the "party of racists" while objecting to Pizza describing "those people".

I said that there would be a move to undo the results through violence and egging on his most insane supporters, meaning NOT people who simply dislike or loathe Democrats, meaning NOT people who are lifelong Republicans, meaning NOT red state people with families who have sane to moderately sane and semi competent government.

Not those people. I mean the people who brand Nazi tattoos on themselves and Don't tread on me and talk about QANON and Flat Earth conspiracies and talk about (insert religious minority group) they claim is evil and controlling the world or all a bunch of terrorists, and lumping non-believers and all liberals in with them as some kind of Axis of evil.

The people who playtime pretend to be a soldier on the weekends with their racist drinking buddies and own 25 automatic weapons. Those people.
Yeah, your comment raised my eyebrows indeed. :)

TheMeInTeam calls a party, the "party of racists" while objecting to Pizza describing "those people".
interesting part is how generally applicable "party of racists" seems to be

the extremists for them have more in common than they'd care to admit

Just say that there's fine people on both sides and that you oppose anti-fascism and we can move on.

That's easy. You are allowed to lie, cheat and steal if you play the victim oppressed card.

Yes indeed!

Trump claims ‘no politician in history’ has been ‘treated worse or more unfairly’​

Of course, bernie knows that Trump is a real victim, not like all those whiny trans people who keep getting "murdered"

Just say that there's fine people on both sides and that you oppose anti-fascism and we can move on.
depends if you mean actual fascism, or the spammed usage of false claims about it.

i oppose actual fascism myself, along with other authoritarian leanings (which antifa has for obvious reasons). i also oppose the clown show that happens when opposition to government control is called "fascism".

when you say "anti-fascism", i will presume the clown show, because i see it more frequently today. feel free to do a disambiguation though if you're going for the non-clown variant.

depends if you mean actual fascism, or the spammed usage of false claims about it.

i oppose actual fascism myself, along with other authoritarian leanings (which antifa has for obvious reasons). i also oppose the clown show that happens when opposition to government control is called "fascism".

when you say "anti-fascism", i will presume the clown show, because i see it more frequently today. feel free to do a disambiguation though if you're going for the non-clown variant.
Depends if you mean actual anti-facism, or the spammed usage of false claims about it.

Man, that projection game is strong.

Actual fascism such as the US party that actually calls itself the Nazi Party?
Or the Ku Klux Klan?
Or those people right now who say that all Jews should be expelled forcibly from the United States of America?
Or those who say that the solution to black people is not policing but just to send in the army?
Those who, like Mussolini exactly 100 years ago this year, tried to march upon the legal authority of the land to impose their leader as head executive by force?
Those who actually wear black shirts?

The fact that people are more and more enclosed in their self-selected echo chambers. There is no longer a national community, there are tribes. All because managing and milking the tribes make better business sense for the infotainment business.

Democracy never worked well in tribal societies.

Thanks for the irony :)
Ha!, no, you can thank conflict theory*

* it's only ironic if you buy into the two sides nonsense
Yes indeed!

Of course, bernie knows that Trump is a real victim, not like all those whiny trans people who keep getting "murdered"
Yep, he plays the game

The fact that people are more and more enclosed in their self-selected echo chambers. There is no longer a national community, there are tribes. All because managing and milking the tribes make better business sense for the infotainment business.

Democracy never worked well in tribal societies.
So what is your solution? Do away with democracy or do away with tribalism?

So what is your solution? Do away with democracy or do away with tribalism?

Do away with democracies and replace them with republics. Just delegate some democratic catharsis or two locally in order to pacify and tame the plebians. Over time their behavior will be modified and tilled over by their betters until such tribalism is minimized.

It's called a democratic republic and it's much more effective then regular old democracy.

Top Bottom