The Torment of Auric Ulvin

I predict that, even though he's a follower of Mulcarn, he'll encounter the RNGod. :D

Long time no see, dot :p Too busy with FfH to play a nice SG ? :p

Well...
For the last couple of months you might consider the answer to possibly be a definite yes, maybe mostly. :crazyeye: :p
Though new duties at work, a new relationship and the general hassle of life played their part as well. ;)
As for SG's: If I play with others it's more likely that it'll be FFH MP. Even though I don't find the time to be on #erebus (see sig) as often as I'd like.

Now there is a thought to consider. There are monkeys in FfH you know. :mischief: :lol:

I have played the next turn and I can safely tell you all that something happens. :p

Ah, monkeys, yes! As for the something: What a relief! :p ;)

The first thing Morpheus noticed after stepping into the castle’s entranceway was that the flickiering light did not penetrate to this level of the building, it was pitch dark. The long nights of winter had bred good night vision into the Illians, so after a few moments Morpheus’ eyes adjusted to the low light. He looked around.

Nothing.

From the outside he could see that the flickering light was coming from one of the higher levels of the castle. What ever was making that light might just be the only thing in the ruins, Morpheus thought to himself, as he looked around for a stairwell.

He eventually found what passed for stairs, negotiated the holes and the slippery rocks and made his way to the upper level. He caught sight of the light towards the top of the stairs. It was coming from a room at the end of the corridor.

As Morpheus stood at the top of the stairs staring towards the light, he felt the first stirrings of fear starting deep in his belly. Again, the thought of turning back and leaving the castle alone never entered his mind. The pull of the light had taken him but one part of his mind was starting to quiver with worry.

Cautiously he inched up the corridor, taking care to make no noise in the process.

There was no door to the room with the light, so he made his way along the adjoining wall as quietly as he could, so as to give no clue to its inhabitants that he was there. This also meant he was unable to get any clues as to who might be in there.

Surprise was his major advantage, he decided as he finally reached the door. Pausing for a moment to listen but only hearing silence and feeling the tug at his soul harder than ever, Morpheus leaped into the entranceway and waved his club in front of him while screaming at the top of his lungs. Wildly looking about for the enemy he saw….

Nothing.

Well not quite nothing, for sitting in the corner of the room was lying a sword, gleaming like a molten river of iron.

This was what had been calling to him. Walking up to the sword, Morpheus picked it up without hesitation and brandished it aloft. Suddenly he screamed out in pain as he could feels jolts of energy transfer itself from the sword into his body, to every part of his body but as quickly as they came they faded and the sword turned dull.

Smiling, Morpheus took a deep breath, he felt good, better than he could ever remember feeling during the Age of Ice. Stronger as well, he felt he could wrestle every bear in Bear Cove and not even get a scratch.

He would send word back to Garduk that he was fine, he thought as he was exiting the building. As for the sword, he would keep that to himself.

Not once did Morpheus ever wonder why the sword was just lying in an empty room of an abandoned castle, or who it had belonged to. It belonged to him now.

Yaay! Well done, Morpheus!

By the way, Dot and Rolo: If you are plotting about starting a FfH SG or a MP game, I would very much like to join in if possible. :)

:D

I absolutely love how the community just works!

Oz: What a wonderful story. Keep it coming. :)
Rolo: What do you think about MP?
Diamond: I'll let you know if we ever set sth up. ;)

Gee thanks, Dot. Nice avatar, it seems so familiar somehow... :p

Oh and Oz, sorry for the little thread hijack... Can we see some warriorrushing now :)

Gee thanks, Dot. Nice avatar, it seems so familiar somehow... :p

That avatar is Boudica. ;)

Interestingly, Dot's avatar has two most interesting dots un-revealed :p

And CFC forgot to remove the Christmas hat from the sticking tongue :rolleyes: ... or is it just my FF's cache?

That avatar is Boudica. ;)

Bodacious maybe but not Boudica, although its someone faeryl similar (that was really bad) :blush:

And CFC forgot to remove the Christmas hat from the sticking tongue :rolleyes: ... or is it just my FF's cache?

Nup, just your cache.

And on with the show....

Arturus came to see me earlier today.

“I would hear more of your plans my lord.” he said.

“Plans?” I returned, “What plans do you refer to?”

“Plans of war, my lord. For that is what you are planning is it not?”

“War, I..” at this I paused. For, too concerned with the problems of Morpheus and my own precarious existence, I had not considered what the longer term plans of the Illians were. “I do not know about war.”

“There is the beginnings of a fine army here in Garduk. Recall Morpheus and start marching on the dwarves” he eagerly suggested.

“I am sure we do not have the strength currently to undertake such a thing.”

“Then what.” Arturus replied. “Will you stay holed up here in Garduk until the end of days, watching others take the power that is rightfully yours?”

He did have a point. There was no room for expansion with the lands currently under our control. Although the Illians could survive fine in the icy climate, there was no other suitable site to settle once Garduk became too big. A cold stagnation was all that lay ahead unless we took matters into our own hands, fine for some but not for me.

I was ready to speak my agreement with Arturus when I paused again. For what reason had he lead my thoughts into this mode? Is he truly what he seems? Might he be an agent for another? Might he be a true agent of Mulcarn who was trying to unmask me? I could not be sure, so my thoughts must remain my own. At this, a wry chuckle emanated from deep within, “YOUR THOUGHTS ARE NEVER YOUR OWN, FOOL.”

I am sure Arturus sensed some of what had happened for he leaned closer, a searching look on his face. “Am I not right, my lord?”

Shaking my head, I said. “Who knows, young Arturus. For now, there will be no war but who can tell what the news the morrow may bring.”

I could tell he was disappointed with my reply but he did his best to hide this. ‘Very good my lord. If you will excuse me?”

I waved my hand and he exited my chambers. Staring after him, I thought to myself “Just who is this young man?”

Just like everything else in my life, this would remain a mystery to me. For now anyway.

Spoiler :
And of course he is right.

Cool story keep it up.

What is the benefit of the enchanted sword?

The sword gives the enchanted blade promotion (+20% strength), same as the enchantment I spell. It is a random effect from exploring a ruin (most of them aren't so benifical so I was lucky). As for the part it will play in the story in the future, who can tell ;)

Top Bottom