1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Turn Time is killing me

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Zenstrive, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Atwork

Atwork Immortal

I'm playing a huge map with max number of civs and at this point I've met everyone. Still, the turns blaze compared to C6. I haven't timed it, but I'd guess it's less than 45 seconds between turns and much faster than C5.

2. fatgordy

fatgordy Chicken in Pants

Some have made the suggestion to turn on quick moves and quick combat to speed up turn times. Perhaps this could help?

3. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Moving the memory slider all the way to the right will increase the turn times, its putting it all the way to the left that lowers the settings and speeds things up.

4. Iberian

Iberian Prince

There is something wrong. Turns are way faster than Civ V. Late game is 10-15 seconds each which has made this game so much more playable than late game Civ V. I would often quit Civ V after I knew I won because the end game was so slow.

5. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

LULZ. OP whats your system specs? This game is 1,000% faster then Civ5. I have a 4670K with a GTX 1070 that I just upgraded from a GTX 680 and the turn times didnt change. Its still like 4 secs at the longest. No OC on the processor for now but I also only have 0-1% processor usage on idle. Those programs for all the gaming stuff these days just takes up too much. I have noticed a difference but stuff like Precision OC for the video is required by some depending on the issues. (wrong bios on one card and the reference cooler not cooling enough on the GTX 680)

6. WankIT

WankIT Chieftain

Ahhh, thanks. I have it in the middle, will try moving it over more the left. I interpreted the other way....as in allocating more RAM to the game but I dont know about these things. Been using company laptops for every to play these games so this is only my 2nd ever computer I bought for myself, the first one was my 386 desktop that the guy I bought it from preloaded Civ for me for free that I found by random....or he had been playing it on the desktop he sold me.

7. whyidie

whyidie Emperor

I'm more bothered by sneaky turn times. The AIs turns are over without me even knowing its my turn.

8. VTMatt

VTMatt Chieftain

No issues whatsoever with turn time here either. I actually prefer playing with combat and movement on 'default', not fast. I'll turn them to fast if I have a ton of troop movements coming up, or theres much air combat going on, but typically they are on normal. Without actually timing them, I'd say AI turns are between 10 and 30 seconds on average.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Everyone is saying their turn times are better than Civ5, but mine are worse. Don't get me started on the load times, I hate reloading. And my windows defender is disabled, so I don't think that is the cause.

I'll have to try messing with the sliders. Especially when I go for the larger map achievements.

10. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

A lot of the problem is not AI processing, but that the game takes time to animate moving units even though they're offscreen. It's a huge waste of time.

ales_ likes this.
  11. manu-fan

manu-fan Emperor

I don't mind the turn time. It gives me time to think through my next turn, mouse around the map a bit to see what's going on and stuff like that.

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

And I still don't want to activate fast movement, but I may. I like to see my military units move, however. Although some of the civilian units move so damn slow.

13. chazzycat

chazzycat Deity

Turn times are way better than Civ 5 for me...what are your computer specs? Might be time for an upgrade...

Also have you looked at Windows defender? There have been a lot of reported performance issues related to that, which can be avoided by setting up an exception in the settings

14. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Waiting for "quick turns" mod port from V. It was the best mod ever for V. Couldn't play without it. Can't believe they did that again...

15. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Bear in mind that quick movement in civ 6 isn't the instant teleportation of civ 5, it still plays the animation, just massively accelerated. IMO it feels a lot less like you're missing out if you turn it on compared to civ 5