The Twelve Clans of Ethiopia

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Hooray, Feb 2, 2005.

1. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

:lol: Yeah, it looks like Egypt really took it in the back door, too! Good work, I might add.

2. Licentia

Licentia Prince

In Civ 3, this statement couldn't be more true. If you do not take the opportunity to conquer a weaker nation, it will come back and bite you in the a$$ guaranteed! Because every time you sit back, a powerful AI nation will finish the weaklings off and grow bigger than you because of it.

Great story Hooray!

This is the point where the story goes downhill though. He is the superpower, and when that happens, the AI is helpless. It all ended for Egypt once Hooray captured and fortified the cities in England.

At first I didn't think that cutting off the north from the south was a very good idea, until I saw that the northern cities were really small and on poor terrain. Cutting them off left them completely helpless. And the plundering of the coast idea was simply brilliant. I haven't seen a strategy like that before. Some of Egypts best cities were along the coast.

3. Captin Zebra

Captin Zebra my account name is stupid

great story, keep it up. im really enjoying it :goodjob:

4. vikingruler

vikingruler King

this story is the greatest thing i have ever read. first it sounded like you were doing pretty bad, but when you declared war on russia and took that area i thought it was a great strategey. then egypt looked like it would destroy you but then WWII came you turned everything around. btw is your rep good, i mean you declared war on persia, persia and siam both were at war with you and i assume egypt is furious with you. so how can you get a diplo win? i would go with culture. i can't wait for your next post! :D

5. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

---------------

Once again, the economy boomed following the end of the war. The productive capacity of Ethiopia's cities had been greatly increased for the sake of the war, and now that productivity was being put to use for domestic economic needs.

Peace reigned for many years. Ethiopia was a world super-power, and no nation could hope to challenge it. King Hooray even once boldly stated that all the nations of the world combined could offer no threat to Ethiopia. None of the other nations fought wars with each other, either, since they feared that aggression might prompt Ethiopia to interfere.

Gradually, Ethiopia began to withdraw from world affairs. No international trading was necessary since Ethiopia controlled all the natural resources it would ever need within its own borders. Diplomacy also stagnated because Ethiopia had simply lost its interest in foreign affairs.

So, while Ethiopia's attention was turned inward, the other nations felt safe in returning to their old warlike ways.
    Siam had been building up its military forces for some time, and became the greatest military power of the Western World. In 1922 AD, Siam invaded Persia, and made sweeping gains in Southern Persia. Persia allied itself with Egypt and Germany, thus starting a third World War.

King Hooray's advisors urged him to interfere with the war and put a stop to the fighting. But, King Hooray had a vision for world peace and knew that more wars would accomplish nothing. Instead, he allowed the fighting on the other continents to continue.

After a few years, when the other nations grew tired of the war, King Hooray put a plan into action. Ethiopian envoys were sent out to the war-torn areas to spread propaganda and information. The envoys gave a message of peace and hope to war-weary peoples of the world. They too would know peace and prosperity if they would only agree to join Ethiopia. The wonderful city of Aksum was cited as a shining example of the prosperity that was possible under Ethiopia's rule.
    The people remained loyal to their home nations, but slowly discontent began to grow in their hearts and minds.

As the 1930's began, the war continued and showed no signs of ending. The leaders of Siam, Egypt, and Persia were on a mad quest for dominance that would lead only to their own destruction.

Then things began to change. A small Persian border town decided to pledge allegiance to Ethiopia in hopes of escaping the war. Then a Siamese town did the same. The news of these revolts spread. More Persian towns threw off their oppressive government. Then an Egyptian town revolted. All of them were welcomed into Ethiopia's protection.

The governments of the world tried to suppress the news, but found it an impossible task. A great momentum had begun that nothing could stop.

By 1939, more than half of the world's cities had declared their allegiance to Ethiopia, with more cities doing the same every week and month.

King Hooray smiled to himself as his ambitious vision was finally realized. Ethiopian culture had proven to be more powerful than even the deadliest of guns and bombs. Within a few years the entire world would be Ethiopian, with the mighty city of Aksum at its center.

---------------

Notes: Well, nothing much happened for a while until Siam declared war on Persia (which was quite a surprise. Siam had been weak and peaceful the whole game).

Shortly after I got a One City Cultural Victory in Aksum. In RAR, victory comes at 25,000 culture rather than 20,000 because it has more cultural buildings and wonders. Just look at that screenshot up there. 95 culture per turn. That's really incredible.

I thought about what exactly happens when you get a Cultural Victory. I figured that the world's cities probably start culture-flipping to you, so that's what the story was trying to represent.

I learned a lot about RAR in this game. I really like this mod. I'll probably keep playing with it instead of the regular game.

Thank you for reading and commenting. I will almost surely give more accounts of my Civ3 games in the future.

6. Captin Zebra

Captin Zebra my account name is stupid

congratulations on the vioctory Hooray, hopefully my story will go just as well...

7. rbis4rbb

rbis4rbb Sid

Great ending! I wondered about Siam...

8. Vanadorn

Vanadorn Motorcycling Paladin

Congratulations on a cultural win.

V

9. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

10. IBot

IBot Chieftain

:woohoo: good story :coffee:

11. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

Thank you. I'm surprised someone bumped up this old thread.

This may have been one of the best games I've played. I'm glad I have a record of it here so I can relive it whenever I want. I still remember suffering 30-minute interturns, not because of lag, but endless waves upon waves of Egyptian Cavalry!

12. 502nd PIR

502nd PIR Rise to Empire

Yes, i know, i'm bumping, but i found this pretty intresting. Can we expect another game like this?

13. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

It depends. I often think about doing another story, but then something else comes up that requires my attention more.