The United Nations

Yobert

Chieftain
Is it just me or is it pretty worthless now since all other players veto aginst you when you try to do someting? It almost like UN in RL :eek:

If you mean defying the resolutions, then I think it does make it a little more useless. I have seen several votes fail, because someone defied the resolution, even if everyone else voted 'yes'.

I thought that even though it says otherwise, the votes succeed except in the defiers' civs?

You might be right - I never did check cause it didn't matter much. So, if someone defies my proposal to become UN leader, and diplomatic victor, does their game continue while I win? ;)

You might be right - I never did check cause it didn't matter much. So, if someone defies my proposal to become UN leader, and diplomatic victor, does their game continue while I win? ;)

This is correct. The Civs voting "Yes", "No" or "Abstain" accept whatever the UN decision is. The Civs voting "Never" are not forced into accepting the UN decision and instead receive a :mad: penalty.

Vetoing is practically the same thing as voting "no", but they aren't the same. In many ways, the voting hasn't changed at all, because the same leaders in the same situations used to vote "No" anyway ... now they just vote "Never", which also counts as a "No".

Where tallying votes is concerned, voting "NEVER! (Defy)" is the same as voting "No".

Top Bottom