1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The United States of Europe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Civciv5, Feb 15, 2012.

?

Are you for a United Europe or against?

1. Yes,in the form of one nation but many languages and peoples(including Russia)

14.3%
  2. Yes,but in the form of a sort of union(European Union)(including Russia)

14.3%
  3. Yes,in the form of one nation but many languages and peoples(excluding Russia)

12.5%
  4. Yes,but in the form of a sort of union(European union)(excluding Russia)

33.9%
  5. No,I'm against it

25.0%
  1. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Are you for or against a united Europe?
    With Europe I mean all of Europe(including Russia and Greenland,not including Turkey)
    I'm for a United Europe,alone we are "weak",but united we are strong!
    Europe is "declining" in population and losing its influence because the centre of the world is slowly changing to Asia.
    Together we are the largest economy in the world and the mightiest country.

2. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

Poor Turkey. So unloved and unwanted.

3. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

I support a united Europe under Shariah law.

4. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

:lol:
    Unfortunately most of Europe is Christian and will remain mostly Chrisitian forever.
    So no Sharia in Christian Europe and please don't post jokes or nonsense.
    Turkey isn't a part of Europe,it's a part of Asia,it has little in common with Europe.

5. Glassfan

Glassfan Mostly harmless

Yes, but you can't use our name. You have to think up a your own name like Euroland, or West Asia, or Whitemansland.

6. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Better tell Mexico that...
    (local long form: Estados Unidos Mexicanos )

Also, question regarding EU economy. And feel free to use pre-crash data. Did the combined economy of those joining the Euro get better, stay thte same, or get worse than before they joined if you added them up individually?

7. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

They have plenty in common with each other!
    Turkey, Austria, Hungary, Germany and Russians have a long common history of suppressing South/West Slavs!
    And when it comes to trying to screw over Spain, Turkey, the UK and France can bond over this shared experience.

8. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

I'm for a federation á la the US, but with a less powerfull president, with Belgium as the subsitute for Washington B.C.

Otherwise I would just keep it the EU it is with some minor adjustments.

EDIT: Turkey is as part of Europe as Russia btw

9. Josu

Josu King

By Europe you mean a Union/Country that defends eurepean citizens and people or you mean a Union/Country that defends banks and Corporations as is happening nowadays?

I am for a people's Europe and against corporation's Europe

10. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

If European countries want union fine by me, just keep Her Majesties government out of it.

11. Colonel Mustard

Colonel Mustard Condiment Pirate Mouse

5% of Turkey is in Europe, but I don't think that qualifies it to be in any form of European union. If it was we would then share borders with Syria, Iraq and Iran.

12. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

Which is United Mexican States. So not quite the same naming convention as the United States of America.

13. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I support a unified Europe, on the condition they get a manned space program and paint the capsules European Union blue to make part of one of my favorite books become true.

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I'm in support of a federalized Europe, assuming it has an influential, democratically and proportionally elected parliament with actual powers, without the ability of unrepresentative organs like the commission or national governments interfering (if the commission is converted into a cabinet-like institution that's chosen by the parliament and the national governments would form a "second chamber" like the US Senate, I'd be happy).

I'd like to be a little more differentiated about which countries it should include. I'm against Russia being part of it as it currently is politically, but that doesn't mean I would want to exclude it forever. Belarus, the Ukraine, Yugoslav successors except Croatia and Slovenia shouldn't be part of it at the moment, either. Turkey's Muslim population is a non-issue for me, its political system and geopolitical position is, however.

15. gangleri2001

gangleri2001 Garbage day!!!

I really doubt that a real european nation will ever emerge (even with many languages). We have long established nationalities with strong identities. In my opinion options 1 and 3 are not doable due to these strong national identities and apply them would take centuries because it would take creating a new and single european identity and having it replace our current and deeply-rooted nations and identities.

As for options 2 and 4, they're not desirable. We require either a better and more united Europe or we better return to the good old days before unleashing another World War due to our inner tensions (OK, maybe that a bit exagerated).

I say we better make Europe a nation of nations, that's to say, a confederacy in the strict meaning of the word, with many sovereign nations within it and a central government that, althouh not as strong as those of federations, at least would have a role and specific attributes within confederal politics and not the absolute mess of institutions nobody knows and/or cares about we have right now. I this solution fails I say we better return to the old days.

16. Benefactor

Benefactor Beneficial

The UK is a European country.

-----
    Personally I'd tweak the EU quite a bit, but probably wouldn't go for a full on United States yet. The population just doesn't seem to feel sufficiently 'European' for it to work at the moment.

17. Tufio

Tufio Warlord

One giant nation is nonsense, you need at least one common primary language ( NOT english but new and neutral stuff like esperanto ) and close costumes/traditions for everyone.

Madness.

Russia is not worse than most east nation already in.

18. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

So?:confused::confused:

19. bhsup

bhsup Deity

I stand corrected. Thanks, I've thought for...geez, decades, that it was the United States of Mexico.

20. muhtesem insan

muhtesem insan Amateur Revolutionary

0% of Cyprus is in Europe.