The Unofficial Civ Fanatics XML Project!

Mzrokks

Rammy VS the World
Ok, first I must say that I do not have Modbuddy. Or the Worldbuilder. Nor can I use mods (long story).
So I turned to XML. The Civ 5 guys did a good job with writing the leader text, but I think we can do better as a forum. So I propose that we change all, or most, of the leader text. We could make it funnier...more interesting...we could make it awesome!
Maybe that's a lot to say about a few sentences on a diplo screen but if we can make the whole thing better, maybe diplomacy will be more interesting even if most people agree on the terrible AI.
The whole idea is that anyone can post ideas and suggestions for leader text. If we get a lot of changes, after a while I will upload the CivFanatics Leader Text Mod (version 1) which can be 'downloaded' by just replacing specific files.

But wait, how do I post my ideas?
Well, dear person, you can do that by posting of the XML stuff replaced with your own text. You can find the original files in: My Computer, Civilization V, Assets, Gameplay, XML, Nex Text, en-US, LeaderDialog. The pieces of text are in .xml documents. Just replacing them will replace in-game text. Please post your ideas in BOLD

Example 1
Civ 5 Dialog General:
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_GENERIC_INSULT_MILITARY_1">
<Text>I thought you might like to know that your army is smaller than my group of cooks. Better watch your back or I shall crush it under my boots!</Text>
</Row>

Example 2
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_LEADER_SULEIMAN_DEFEATED_3">
<Text>My empire falls to a horde of dogs. By my beard and my belly, this is a sad day indeed.</Text>
</Row>

Example 3
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_LEADER_GANDHI_DECLAREWAR_1">
<Text>At last! I shall hide behind a peacemonger's mask no longer! Get ready to die!</Text>
</Row>

Important: Have fun with inventing nex text, but don't make it too silly! (Example: Bismarck declares war by saying: "OMG! I can haz cheeseburgger? Im gowing to pwn yu, fulish n00b!" That's just wrong. Be creative but don't go over the top! And you can post comments other than ideas as well, criticism, etc. Most of the ideas presented should probably be acceppted, except for the silly/spam ideas.

That's a great idea!
Why, thank you. Let's see how this goes...;)

Let the posting begin!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 201
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_LEADER_WASHINGTON_GLOAT_1">
<Text>From the Halls of Monteczuma, to the shores of Tripoli, we fight our country's battle, in the air, on land, and sea...</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_LEADER_WASHINGTON_HOSTILE_NO_1">
<Text>I threw a dollar in the Delaware. If I wanted to waste money now, I'd accept this deal or buy a Lions Season Pass.</Text>
</Row>

Top Bottom