1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Version for DG5 is Vanilla Civ 3, patch 1.29f. What special things do we want ?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Rik Meleet, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

You know, I just thought of another reason not to play C3C when Rik mentioned the SPHQ in the other thread.

The Corruption Model changed. There's no 2 cores, so if we have many provinces, there will be a lot of corrupt provinces that serve no purpose other than to grow and have excess citizens as scientists or taxmen. Not the most fun thing for governors.

But... we could add a C3C flavor to a modpack, like taxmen and scientists having the increased values. Armies could have some increased values, too. (They're not as useful in vanilla, since I'd rather have 4 tanks attacking seperately (8 times) than 4 tanks in an army attacking twice).

2. Epimethius

Epimethius Wish I Hadn't Been Here

I know that this goes against all the settings we've decided, but I saw this in the User Created Maps forum and I figured playing on this would be more interesting.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=91702

Another thing we could do is have someone who doesn't want a part in the game to make a similar map, but meeting our standards. Since the map is for C3C [though I don't know how maps can only work on one version], we might need to do that anyway. But I still like the concept of having certain luxuries only in certain regions. This would be easier than getting a special mod to delay luxuries.

3. Danel

Danel Chieftain

Interesting map... a trade map. Diplomacy is required to achive resource... or war ;)
    And let's move on to C3C!

4. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

its already been decided we would use vanilla and custom map lost in the poll on it

5. Danel

Danel Chieftain

By the way, what "Vanilla Civ3" is? A mod for Civ3?

6. Ankka

Ankka Deity

No, basic civ 3.

7. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

WE WANT DG5 FORUMS! :lol:

8. msz4

msz4 Peasant

I don't have vanilla civ3, only ptw :sad:
    I guess I can't be a citizen :cry:

9. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

msz, that only matters if you're the President. You can load vanilla Civ files from PTW. Heck, I found myself with only PTW for 3 months while I was a Governor.

10. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

and i dont even know where my civ 3 disc is so youve got better chances than some :)

11. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Noldodan: aren't trade sucess rates slightly different in PTW compared to CivIII?

12. Noldodan

Maybe? I dunno. But it shouldn't make very much of a difference, even if one were to be Trade minister.

13. Immortal

Immortal Deity

During my tenures as trade minister, I do remember PTW had different possibilities for renegotiating peace as vanilla did.

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

would it not work just using the vanilla civ disc? therefore only playing civ3 or is that a problem?

15. msz4

msz4 Peasant

Thanks. I registered as a citizen but have much to learn about demogame. I only readed constitution :crazyeye: and I heve to read two other books :sleep: bureaucracy, bureaucracy and more bureauracy groucho GREAT :clap:

16. Noldodan

msz, we're not going to be using those books for this game. In fact, we're still discussing what the new books are going to say! So you actually don't need to read all that.

17. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Now im intensely confused, RM said in the chat room that their are no changes to the CoL and the CoS. And they are referenced in the "what is the demogame?" thread. But through oue entire contitutional work they have never been referenced once.

This needs a quick discussion to clarify.

18. msz4

msz4 Peasant

Oh.... I did't know. I just readed that propaganda post "I'm newbie...bla bla bla" and they tell to read 3 books :nono: so i read.

19. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

I've updated the thread, sorry about the confusion.

20. Vander

Vander Privateering in Idaho

So... Could someone direct me to a DYP download that isn't .exe and is for Vanilla? Mac's cannot extract exe's. (I don't think...)