The very many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frog up or frog down? Which is it? And why?

Honestly, this question has had me perplexed and baffled (yes, both) for about ten years.

Spoiler :
I fancy it may be frog up, since then the mortar settles nicely into the frog under the influence of gravity. While frog down might, conceivably, give you a cavity above the mortar. But quite why this is a good thing - and a cavity a bad thing - I'm really not sure.

Is that a sexual intercourse related question?

edit: Who wants to see a Norway 2015 type thread from me? I have gone through all my photos and have them all sorted, but I haven't started going through my goPro footage. So I have no idea how I would present it to you guys. I understand that an issue last time around was that some updates took too long, so maybe I should wait until I have gone through all my GoPro footage? Or I could show you guys unprocessed clips instead, before anyone else sees them? Either way, if you're interested, let me know! Or if you're totally against it for some reason.

It'd be nice, as long as it wasn't simply a photodump.

I mean in general, warpus. Just posting a lot of unprocessed clips and a link to a picasa or imgur folder full of uploads, as many people do, makes it too much of a drag for me.

Frog up or frog down? Which is it? And why?

Honestly, this question has had me perplexed and baffled (yes, both) for about ten years.

Spoiler :
I fancy it may be frog up, since then the mortar settles nicely into the frog under the influence of gravity. While frog down might, conceivably, give you a cavity above the mortar. But quite why this is a good thing - and a cavity a bad thing - I'm really not sure.

Frog up is stronger and gives better sound reduction qualities.
Frog down is quicker, uses less mortar so is cheaper.

This should be in the Ask a BP thread;)

So I'm going to vote on the way to work this morning. The key question here is: Should I actually wear that "I Voted!" sticker they give you, or does that make me look too much like a dork?

The key question here is: Should I actually wear that "I Voted!" sticker they give you, or does that make me look too much like a dork?

Every time I decide NOT to wear similar stuff in case such things are given or come in my possession from wherever, it's because of exactly that "dork" concern.

Have never decided differently though, so not sure about the reasoning there.

So I'm going to vote on the way to work this morning. The key question here is: Should I actually wear that "I Voted!" sticker they give you, or does that make me look too much like a dork?

I put mine on the back side of the mirror in my car.

You should wear it, it doesn't make you look like a dork. If anything, it will remind some people who see it to vote.

If anything, it will remind some people who see it to vote.

Hey, I have a question:

This American elections stuff is full volume all over the world for what, about a year already? Anyway, at least the Clown Car 2016 thread here was started 13 months ago... Is it really possible that people still need to be reminded about it? Or it can be that people have gotten used to it like to a humdrum sound you just stop hearing after a while?

Hey, I have a question:

This American elections stuff is full volume all over the world for what, about a year already? Anyway, at least the Clown Car 2016 thread here was started 13 months ago... Is it really possible that people still need to be reminded about it? Or it can be that people have gotten used to it like to a humdrum sound you just stop hearing after a while?

Knowing that an election is coming and getting people out to vote on the right day are not the same thing. The US has fairly low voter turnout.

Is that a sexual intercourse related question?

Yes. It is.

But I've remembered an unrelated story.

A man goes to see the doctor, takes his (the patient's, not the doctor's) hat off to reveal a live frog clearly growing out of the top of his (the patient's, not the doctor's) head.

DOCTOR: That's extraordinary! I've never seen anything like it before! How did it start?
Spoiler :
FROG: It all began about six months ago with a small painless pimple on my backside.

Makes sense. Thanks.

This should be in the Ask a BP thread;)

I really don't know the reference to this. Care to enlighten?

Hey, I have a question:

Everyone knows when the presidential election is. Not nearly as many know when their state's primaries are, much less their state and/or local elections.

Ask a BP? Sex, frogging up and down… using more or less building materials? Is that the Ask a British Policitian thread?

Is "Near Penn station" a good place to stay in New York for a weekend? I am almost convinced to upgrade a bit and get a nicer hotel closer to the station I'll need to get to in order to get to my soccer game in NJ (and to Newark airport on Monday, when it's time to fly home)

There are other locations that will put me within arm's reach of New Jersey, but Penn station seems to be a great location.. I think? It's close to a bunch of other stuff. Hotels are more expensive here, but I'm good at finding deals. (or so I tell myself anyway)

I fly into JFK and it seems it's very easy to get to Manhattan from JFK so that's not an issue no matter where in Manhattan I stay (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom