1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread さんじゅうなな

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Samson, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Besides, I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, and it gets everywhere

tjs282 likes this.
  2. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

The only alternative to a seacoast is to have rocks. And you really don't want to have to walk on rocks (barefooted) to get into the water, let alone when you are going out of it :)

Hrothbern likes this.
  3. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Warlord

Sand beaches are perfect to keep your little kids happy.

And watershoes are perfect for rocky beaches. (the Aegean Islands having the most beautiful rocky beaches and on their north coasts including a nice sea breeze :))

tjs282, Kyriakos and Birdjaguar like this.
  4. Takhisis

Takhisis excuse me

‘Say’? Don't you know that she'll be magically teleported to just within hearing right around the corner if you do such a thing?
    I think I prefer going Miss Piggy on them and hai-yah! karate-chopping them into a mush.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  5. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Am I the only person here who uses either a fly swatter or a rolled-up newspaper?

6. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I sedate it and then extract some of their own mosquito blood. Tit for tat.

MagisterCultuum likes this.
  7. Kyriakos

But do you approach them by flying about making a buzzing sound and then use a proboscis?

8. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

What is it with this video? It was popping up on my suggested videos all the time for months, even after I'd watched it. As far as I recall the channel only had a few videos on it. Did they pay money for massive exposure or something?

9. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Currently, they have 78 videos available, but I doubt anyone can tell you what financial arrangements they have with YouTube. Their episode on hoods has 1 million views though, so it's not as they're nobodies.

10. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I take a bunch of roofies and let them feast on my blood. When I start to come back to it they start to nod off. Payback time.

Kyriakos likes this.
  11. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

The guy in it is Jason Kinglsey, head of Rebellion (games development studio), so he's probably worth a bob or two. In fact I'd just seen him in a documentary the night before this video suddenly started popping up in my feed all the time, so that was an extra layer of weird.

12. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

I don't get how there is more area exposed when lying with your back to the bed. As compared to what? Laying on your front? Your side? Curled up in a ball?

13. Kyriakos

Your face is fully exposed, which means there is more area. Usually people don't wear clothing over their face, while blankets tend to be a thing.
    I didn't use calculus, yet it seems passable that in this scenario more of the body is exposed :) That said, yes, the phrase was formed mostly due to the ominous effect.

14. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

Ah the face I see.

15. haroon

haroon Chieftain

I never see their ads, 80 percent of my YouTube ads is game of thrones' game. Even though I don't follow the series

16. Commodore

Commodore Technology of Peace

I need a little assistance from OT, preferably from those who are familiar with Fallout: New Vegas since it's been forever since I played it. I am designing my Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard army around the NCR Army from New Vegas. I wanted a regiment that was different from the standard ones Games Workshop offers and I always thought the NCR soldiers in New Vegas kinda had that 40k Imperial Guard look to them.

Anyway, what I'm having trouble with is deciding which "regimental doctrine" best fits an NCR themed army. Since they mostly fight in desert environments, I was going to give them the Tallarn doctrine since they are desert fighters too, but I'm not so sure it fits since the Tallarn are more hit-and-run guerilla fighters and that's not really the NCR's style. So here are the different regimental doctrines available with a brief description of what they basically do and hopefully someone can suggest one that seems the most likely to fit with an NCR-themed army:

Armageddon: Industrial Efficiency- Rapid fire at 18" instead of 12" and vehicles count attacks from weapons with AP -1 as having AP 0.

Cadian: Born Soldiers- Reroll "to hit" rolls of 1 if units don't move stay still.

Catachan: Brutal Strength- +1 strength to infantry, reroll number of shots on vehicles.

Militarum Tempestus: Storm Troopers- Get an extra shot for every "to hit" roll of 6 against targets in rapid fire range (normally half the maximum range of the weapon)

Mordian: Parade Drill- +1 leadership and increased firing accuracy when units are formed in tightly packed groups. Applies to both infantry and vehicles.

Tallarn: Swift as the Wind- Infantry can advance and fire non-heavies, vehicles ignore move and fire penalties.

Valhallan: Grim Demeanor- Reduced morale losses, vehicles suffer slower profile degradation when damaged.

Vostroyan: Heirloom Weapons- 6" extra range on heavy and rapid fire weapons.

17. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

I don't mean ads, I mean the "suggested videos" bit down the right hand side, or the home page.

18. haroon

haroon Chieftain

I see that must be somehow related to your recent searching pattern (that involves something under the tag medieval) or maybe the video is made and popular from the place you are currently living.

19. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

So I have this .pdf which is only readable if it's printed about 40 inches wide. But I only have a standard size printer. Any way to cut it into pieces to print it on multiple pieces of paper?

20. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

There's a "Poster" tab the print options screen in Adobe Reader. You can set scale and overlap options and things on it.

Cutlass likes this.