1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread さんじゅうなな

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Samson, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

MS Excel is clever enough to print a wide spreadsheet across multiple pages. Can't you just try printing a page or two and seeing what happens?

(Edit: Or there's Manfred's idea, which is probably more practical.)

2. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Honestly, the Tallarn seems the best fit for me. The NCR always struck me as having a heavier reliance on guerilla/skirmishing than their enemies due to superior command and control setups, along with a heavier reliance on infantry guns than their enemies such as Caesar's Legion or the Khans of New California. Multiple quests in New Vegas referred to the generally poor quality of NCR infantry in terms of training and moral. In New Vegas, they were depicted with frequent patrols that would engage in skirmishes with the Legion and I'm pretty sure one Legion commander complained about how the constant skirmishing with the NCR was draining the Legion of manpower and material faster than it could be replaced. NCR forces were rarely depicted as relying on heavy weapons, apart from whatever was carried by their heavy troops wearing scavenged Brotherhood power armor. Plus, the NCR didn't use any vehicles themselves during the Battle of Hoover Dam. The Vertibird and the bomber came from allied forces.
    I can see the Vostroyan, Cadian, and Militarum Tempestus also fitting as they don't have any explicitly vehicular bonuses.

Dachs likes this.
  3. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

Wearing shoes at a beach is heresy if you ask me

4. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Oddly, I find the option you suggest, and it looks right, but it will only print to a file, and not to the printer. :dunno:

5. Takhisis

Takhisis ΑΛΗΘΩС ΑΝΕСΤΗ

Print to a file and then open the file and print it.
    OK, this might be more appropriate in the Random Thoughts thread so I'll ask a legitimising question: what brought this post to CFC?

6. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

Yeah, I agree with this. The other ones are kind of goofy, tbh.

Armageddon: Nah. While Enseeyar has better industrial production than neighboring groups, everybody's still using 2077 leftovers for the most part.

Cadian: Not really. They're not known for their durability. Maybe if they had more than a few sets of viable power armor.

Catachan: They're not supermutants or nightkin.

Militarum Tempestus: Maybe, but I'm not really feeling it. While in theory Enseeyar should be able to muster greater firepower than anybody else, in practice we never see that actually happen.

Mordian: This is a silly thing to think about IRL.

Valhallan: Nope. Enseeyar is the standin for the Americans so in FNV they get the stories about exhausted soldiers on occupation duty who are burning out.

Vostroyan: Not really. Closer than some of these others - they do have some of the only sniper characters in the First Recon and Boone - but it's not really a defining trait of their military.

Ajidica likes this.
  7. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

German tourists seem to even wear socks along with those plastic beach shoes. It looks rather bizarre :)

8. Takhisis

Takhisis ΑΛΗΘΩС ΑΝΕСΤΗ

Yes, but that's probably because German beaches are cold.

9. Commodore

Commodore Technology of Peace

Thanks @Ajidica and @Dachs. I think I agree with you guys and will stick with the Tallarn doctrine. Now it's just a matter of doing the conversions to make the miniatures look like NCR Troopers and the 5th Mojav Regiment will be ready for the battlefields of the 41st Millennium.

10. Samson

Samson Chieftain

About 7 years ago I got spare keys cut for a van I owned, and 2 weeks later it got stolen with no sign of break in. I have always suspected the key cutting place. I have now got another car with only one key, and want a spare. I could take it to the same place, but have obvious doubts. The next cheapest place is 4 times the price, and the price difference is 50% of the value of the car (as well as about 45 minutes further away).

Should I get my keys cut at the dodgy place?

11. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Warlord

I just watch while the guy is making the copy

haroon and Samson like this.
  12. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Just send somebody else in to have the copy made so they don't know what car it belongs to.

Birdjaguar, cardgame and haroon like this.
  13. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

I've owned some old cars, but that, that's hardcore. :salute:

hobbsyoyo and cardgame like this.
  14. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

I was responding to earlier discussion on page 14

15. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

I think the most I ever paid for a key was $5-10, unless it has a chip in it, at which point it's like $100 minimum. I feel like $200 is more or less the price floor for a car in safe, drivable condition.

Is drivable a word?

16. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Warlord

My cheapest car ever did cost me a bottle of red wine... a fiat 850

And yes... no safe floor... the floor between my chair and the pedals was rusted away... had to fix that with a sheet and some rivets :D

The_J, tjs282 and hobbsyoyo like this.
  17. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

It didn't trip my spell checker, so it must be.

18. Takhisis

Takhisis ΑΛΗΘΩС ΑΝΕСΤΗ

Ah! Watershoes and so on. Found it.
    Why is such a contraption not disabled?

19. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Because sometimes I do make mistakes and appreciate that they get caught so I can edit them.

But sometimes it trips on perfectly good words that are spelled the Canadian way, so I have to add those to the dictionary, as I do some of the story-specific names and terms in my Kingmaker novel.

"Kingmaker" just got flagged, so I am now going to make it so it's not going to be flagged. It's a perfectly good word. :hmm:

20. Takhisis

Takhisis ΑΛΗΘΩС ΑΝΕСΤΗ

Cromulently so.

MagisterCultuum and Lexicus like this.