The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread さんじゅうなな

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Samson, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

How so? Is it like when posts in the fitness thread started jumping around?

Is it contagious? Is the games thread patient zero for an impending metldown of the whole forum?

WE NEED ANSWERS ARAKHOR

Snerk and Birdjaguar like this.
  2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

See #2. Yes. I doubt it. I hope not. :)

Birdjaguar likes this.
  3. Synsensa

Synsensa Especially the lies. Retired Moderator

What are those picture books called where you poke each dot with a needle? They look like connect-a-dot pictures but no numbers and no connecting, you just poke at it with a needle.

4. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

If the posts in a fitness thread are jumping around, that sounds like the thread is accomplishing its purpose beyond the OP's wildest dreams.

Why would you poke it with a needle, if you don't connect anything? Is there some background that appears in the hole that's created? Can you post a link to an example?

Arakhor likes this.
  5. brennan

brennan Argumentative Brit

Sounds like cross stitch...? :confused:

(Which my beloved is doing right now)

6. Valka D'Ur

The closest thing I can think of are greeting cards where you stitch the front design yourself. They're made of perforated 14-count paper (14 stitches/inch). But you need embroidery floss along with the needle.

I'm guessing this question isn't about pattern books...

7. Commodore

Commodore Deity

Yes. Every army has some type of weapon that is good at killing units with heavy armor. There are too many to list individually here though.

Yes. When in the shooting phase, you have to check if the model or unit that's doing the shooting has direct line of sight on the model or unit they are going to be shooting. Obviously, some artillery weapons can fire without line of sight, but suffer a penalty to their chance to hit if they don't have line of sight.

They kinda have this in 40k. Some game types allow for a player to set up ambushes. This is handled by the player setting up the ambush putting down ambush markers instead of units when deploying their army and when the enemy gets within a certain distance of the marker, the ambushing player can pick any one of their models or units to replace the ambush marker.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    AdamCrock likes this.
  8. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Not Quite Sonic Super Moderator

When I was a girl, my mum called them "punch books". That's all I've ever heard them called, but they may be a different name here in North America.

9. Synsensa

If I could post an example, I wouldn't need to know its name! :p

I had a sudden recollection last night of being young, it was still the 90s, and I had these two thick books filled with pictures. They came with a tiny needle, and all you did was prick the holes that made up each picture. No big surprise at the end, you just... pricked holes. Each prick had a satisfying noise because of the thickness of the paper. I remember finding it very relaxing.

But I haven't the faintest what it could be called. Any attempt at googling leads me to needle books and other sewing/embroidery stuff, which I know it isn't. It was designed like you'd expect a colouring book to be designed, and it was obviously for children.

I haven't seen these since. I presume they decided giving needles to children was a bad idea. But I wonder if they still sell anything like it anywhere. I'm not sure if my family got them in Canada or back in Belgium, either.

10. Valka D'Ur

All I've been able to find are books on needlepunch, and I assume you don't intend to take up needlework. :dunno:

11. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

+1 for the unique OT thread idea ;)

A picture from our last session of Runewars :) I was ever so close to win the game but my friend pulled out a rabbit quest from the hat that gave him a final dragon rune (a game objective is to collect 6 dragon runes) It's a strategic combat with an rpg (heroes) play layer too ;)

Spoiler Runewars :

Commodore likes this.
  12. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

Nah, it's just a breakdown of the space-time continuum.

13. Commodore

Commodore Deity

So this isn't really a question, but it's not worth its own thread either soooo:

I'm probably going to get fired at work. I have decided to play a prank on my boss. We all have badges with photos on them and those photos are also stored digitally. He hates his photo. It was one of those ones where the person taking it took it before he was really ready so it looks horrible.

We also have these little inserts in every restroom and in front of every urinal in all the men's rooms. They are for little messages the company wants to get out. Well I've decided I'm going to print a bunch of copies of my boss's profile photo and put one in each of those restroom inserts so everyone sees it while they are using the restroom.

It's going to be great. Don't worry about me getting fired though. I'm planning on leaving and have something else lined up already.

AdamCrock and GoodSarmatian like this.
  14. Samson

Samson Deity

I know nothing of your situation, so I will only urge you to consider all possibilities, including:
    • References, both formal and informal
    • Possibility or re-hiring at a later date
    • All relevant laws, in particular data protection (I think this may be against the GDPR in the EU for example)

Kyriakos likes this.
  15. Synsensa

Commodore is a red-white-and-blue-blooded American so breaching GDPR is just a bonus.

16. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

I wish I was motivated enough to play pranks on a soon to be ex-workplace...

That's so damn creepy.
    :cringe:
    I think I could rouse myself to do something bad if my employer passively harasses when i have to go to the toilet.

17. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

That's probably why Commodore wants to leave :D

Don't forget to caption the photo with " I am watching You" sign !! :lol:

18. haroon

haroon Deity

That's way out of the line, what makes your boss deserves that I wonder? If our employee do something like that, the drama going to be long and people can't just get away with that easily.

19. rah

rah Deity Supporter

If I was the boss, I would find that pretty amusing. I've had worse and I've always considered myself quite reasonable.

20. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

I just want to thank you for several extremely pleasurable years working for this corporation. Certain unexpected developments have created a situation where I am no longer in need of employment. I would be remiss, however, if I did not extend my gratitude to you for your unwavering fairness and belief in me, and there is a giant poo on your desk.

Commodore and tjs282 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.