1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread さんじゅうなな

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Samson, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commodore

Commodore Technology of Peace

So then Pence could just appoint him as VP, resign and allow him to be president again?

Because as far as I'm aware, there's nothing in the Constitution that says an official removed from office through impeachment is made ineligible from holding that office again in the future.

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Pence couldn't just appoint a new vice-president. A25: "Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress."

3. rah

rah Deity Supporter

If that is the case, then why was it necessary for Ford to pardon Nixon?

4. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Nixon left office voluntarily and was a private citizen. It was necessary for Ford to pardon Nixon because Nixon could have been indicted for various crimes committed while in office, and Ford knew that airing the dirty laundry would not be good for the power structure

5. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Yeah but if Trump is impeached, he'd be a private citizen and might need a pardon also.

6. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Pence could still pardon Trump of any federal crimes he committed but he can't pardon the impeachment itself.

Lexicus likes this.
  7. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

This is the biggest reason I'm afraid he'll refuse to leave office, and that the Republicans will just go along with it.

8. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

If enough Republicans switched sides so that he could be impeached, I think that would be unlikely.

9. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I could see him fighting a lost election but I don't see him winning that. Despite his buds in the senate. But, just my opinion.

10. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Oh yes, sorry, I meant in the event that he loses an election, not in the event he gets impeached and convicted.

11. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I'm not sure he'd lose such a power struggle. I also don't have faith that enough people would turn out to protest to convince the Senate to stop backing him and we've already seen the House is basically useless at actually doing anything to stop him.

12. Commodore

People keep saying Trump will not surrender power peacefully, yet so far it's been the Democrats who have refused to surrender power peacefully. Hillary lost fair and square, yet the Democrats have been trying to undo that election pretty much since the day after the election.

Which of course is even more proof of Democrats just accusing Republicans of doing the things they themselves are doing.

13. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Right now it's about 85% psychological projection and rising. Things will be worse before they get better.

14. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Well multilayered projection is a new one on me have to admit

hobbsyoyo, Ajidica and cardgame like this.
  15. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

So, women issues again.
    I'm interested in someone.
    Good: I have a good chance to meet her randomly.
    Bad: Never alone. Have not managed to get her number.
    Good: Will probably happen soon again.
    Bad: I have limited time. I will probaby be out of the country at the beginning of the year, and I'd say 3 months is the miniumum what you'd need for a serious attempt.
    Good: A female friend of mine knows her well.
    Bad: A female friend of mine knows her well.

So... I could ask my friend to manage something, that she gives her my number, etc.
    But this is a weak move, since it doesn't show enough confidence to do it in person.
    On the other hand, you have a problem, you find a solution, strong move. And time is running out (which obvioulsy my friend also knows).
    Anyone any thought about this?

16. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

"Democrats who have refused to surrender power peacefully." :dubious: WTH?! Can you name one losing Dem who refused to leave off. Indeed, Gore gave up his claim on the White House even though he won the election.

"Democrats have been trying to undo that election" :dubious: Except they haven't. Rather it was the Republicans who started an investigation in a useless attempt to prove Trump had won the popular vote.

hobbsyoyo and Lexicus like this.
  17. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Democrats were trying to undo the election by procedural means. To say this constitutes a refusal to peacefully transfer power is baloney.

cardgame likes this.
  18. Commodore

Under false pretenses and doing so knowingly as we are starting to find out as more information starts to come out about what went on with the Russia investigation.

Also, Democrat shills were pushing hard after election night to convince electors in states Trump won to not cast their vote for Trump. Let's also not forget the Democrat voters who literally rioted in the streets of several major cities once the election was called for Trump. And also the childish attempts to change presidential election rules simply because they lost to a guy that, quite frankly, should have been an easy candidate to beat.

19. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

LOL. Electors are technically allowed to vote for whomever they want - for you to complain about it would be remarkably hypocritical given your "childish attempts to change the presidential election rules" smear. Convincing electors not to vote for Trump is working within the system, not a refusal to peacefully transfer power.

I actually wanted Obama to suspend the transfer of power and arrest Trump and other leading Republicans right after the election. He didn't do it. Your argument is absurd.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  20. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I'd just ask her out as that seems both faster and easier. Not that having her friend feel her out on the subject would be a bad move either.

The_J likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.