The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if it can't be configured with exceptions, then only thing we can do is bypass it. Fun times.

And get infracted.

So fun times.

Hypothetical question.....until hobbs just stumbled into it

Saying flame r3tardardant triggers the autocensor, can't we add an exception or something? I mean would it be possible with the forums autocensor software?
edit: would this be a question better suited for the site feedback section?
It's a valid issue to bring up in Site Feedback, yes.

In my experience with autocensors on the various forums where I've been an admin, there's a choice to make the match loose or exact. It looks like in this case the match is loose, meaning any word with that combination of letters in that order will be censored. If it were changed to exact, only the single word itself would be censored, and the word pertaining to firefighting would have been left alone.

Anyone know how to open strange file types like .civbeyondswordsave? I've made a thread for this on the Civ 4 forum, but it's not heavily trafficked these days. I'm desperate.

Civ4BTS? Not sure what you'd want to extract but the file is human readable file afaik.

You could always use notepad to try and see what's inside.

You could always use notepad to try and see what's inside.

There's a lot more detail in my thread.

(Notepad doesn't work, even if I convert it to a .txt file.)

That's why you should generally use Notepad++.

Savegame files are normally binary files. If you open it with with any text editor, no matter which, and it looks like junk, thrn its binary. You will require tools specifically for that file format, which means the civ4 executable, or you will need zo go into deep computer science. So... dont do it, not worth it. Just manipulate with the world builder, done.

That's why you should generally use Notepad++.

I am. Didn't realize it was a separate software.

Savegame files are normally binary files. If you open it with with any text editor, no matter which, and it looks like junk, thrn its binary. You will require tools specifically for that file format, which means the civ4 executable, or you will need zo go into deep computer science. So... dont do it, not worth it. Just manipulate with the world builder, done.

Issue has been resolved anyhow. This is the second time I've been locked out of my save file. Any idea who would know the 'deep computer science' for next time?

How do you lock out yourself?

Last time I deleted my experimental modmod, only to realize a save would only work on it and I didn't remember enough to recreate my work.

I never read Shakespeare's The Tempest and never saw a movie version until recently. I am now perplexed.

Near the end is a scene in which Prospero
Spoiler :
forgives the various characters who have wronged him.
Why?? It seems to be totally out of character.

It's the whole action of the play, getting him to the place where he can do that.

One part of his spiritual progress involves recognizing that he is guilty toward Caliban of the offense (usurpation) of which his brother is guilty toward him.

Late in his career, Shakespeare seems to have become very interested in the theme of forgiveness/reconciliation. The Winters Tale is good. (But I think a recent film of that name isn't related to the Shakespeare play at all)

Last edited:
One part of his spiritual progress involves recognizing that he is guilty toward Caliban of the offense (usurpation) of which his brother is guilty toward him.

I failed to pick up on that point. Indeed, I was puzzled why Caliban was even in the play. Thx

I have the Helen Mirren DVD. I'll have to watch it again when I'm alone in the house.

If I hear the voices when I'm dreaming and can hear them say, how is it they can address me as my wayward son?

If I hear the voices when I'm dreaming and can hear them say, how is it they can address me as my wayward son?
One would've thought that you've watched enough fantasy films to know the answer to that.

I like it, Yeekim. I like that the solution is as easy as all that, and that I still looked past it.

(They'd still say "our," in that instance, if they were speaking as a parenting collective, though, I think. So my question still does stand.)

if they were speaking as a parenting collective

Must they be(sorry if I'm missing something)? Four relationships exist in a traditional family of three. One between husband and wife, one between father and son, one between mother and son, and one shared between all three. A child would experience three of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom