How is this scenario??

• Incredible!!

Votes: 81 65.9%
  • Ok

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • Very bad!!

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
I'm a couple turns into the game and, so far, my only complaint is the lack of Civilopedia documentation. I want to see basic unit descriptions in addition to the stats.
Aren't there invisible units in this game? Why don't the civilopedia entries say so?

Addendum: also, China is far too easy for the US to ally with.

I think you are using the wrong flag for China, the nationalist flag(Tiawan) instead of the communist fag.

Dease said:
Now to things I think could be improved -
Tech tree - well what can I say - just make it more obvious which techs go to which techs, some overlap, there is a very unorganized feel to it
Civilopedia - just get the entries in there, they don't have to be pretty or even have hypelinks I just want to be able to know the enemies strengs/weaknesses before I decide on a strategy (in other word I don't want to get slaughtered unexpectedly :crazyeye: )
Units - NLF infantry are sometimes invislible when they are attacked/attaking, Huey attack is VERY hard to see i had to squint just to see the tiny white flicker also the death is kinda wierd (except for one angle it's just a tiny white explosion/spot), I don't know if the USA is ever able to create ships but I hope so (I'm not knowlegable of Vietnamese history so ignore if it's historically correct), are there invisible units? my units seem to be attacked via ZOC yet i don't see enemies.
Scenario information - the opening box (aka scenario information) should be updated, now it say the US has just discovered farming, irrigation etc... :lol:

well, the tech tree was something we kind of threw together and we still need to edit out all of the misplaced arrows, etc. as for the civilopedia entries, we felt it wasn't all that important right yet. but it will be addressed. NLF Infantry aren't flagged as invisible. instead, they have stealth attack. Viet Cong is invisible though. i've seen the Huey in-game and you're right. the graphics aren't all that. but it's allwe had to work with. naval combat hasn't really been defined too well. but we're working on it. check out this thread...
Second Indochina War Development Thread
it's aim is to improve on this scenario with a fuller, more thorough version. take a look at that thread and give us some feedback. :p

Sarevok said:
Very nice! Ill be taking a good look at the first true Vietnam war scenario at CFC!

sarevok,
we could use your expertise and suggestions. please visit the Second Indochina War thread

Oh my.:eek:It's so much good talking and posts.I recommend to DL El Justo's pediaicons.I will remove my attachment.Thanks to all who have given feedback!!!:D

Ok, just downloaded the game now I'm getting the error saying:

Load Error

ERROR READING FILE

Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt":ICON_BLDG_Brothel"

the game will now exit

The bad part is, that line is listed in my pediaicons folder. I checked and made sure it was there. Any idea what to do now? I also tried d/l El Justo's pediaicons file but that didn't fix the problem.

ummm perhaps A) you could fix the lines and release new version, and B) you could help me by explaining why I can't see the scenario in my conquests/scenario folder...

I WANT TO PLAY THIS!

I Think perhaps I can take a look at the pedialicons. It may be the unit graphics themselves that are screwing up. I get graphics from creators I know their graphics to work usually before using others graphics. Ill be back in an hour or so.

hmm...i'm not sure. is this the only error that is occurring?

missing entry in PediaIcons.txt: ICON_BLDG_Brothel

anyhow, i removed the other PediaIcons.txt and put up one that has that "missing" entry. however, i swear that it was in the old one

El Justo, so far that is the only one it says it is missing. Perhaps you could put up your pediaicons file again. Who knows.

Back, It dosent look like there are any problems with the Pedialicons. That means that the problem may lie in the unit graphic itself. For now, id sub out the erroe causing unit and use another one.

Could anyone tell me what graphics is used for the M-41 Bulldog and the NVA tank T-34.
Who made those graphics ?

Captainkeyes23 said:
ummm perhaps A) you could fix the lines and release new version, and B) you could help me by explaining why I can't see the scenario in my conquests/scenario folder...

I WANT TO PLAY THIS!

we are going to release an upgrade file.The errors shall be fixed then.have you put the files in there?

Sarevok said:
Back, It dosent look like there are any problems with the Pedialicons. That means that the problem may lie in the unit graphic itself. For now, id sub out the erroe causing unit and use another one.

Could you post the txt. file after you have done that?

When I played it before I released it.it wasn't any error like that, it wasn't any error at all!! :confused:

All I did to fix it was just....reinstall it. :confused:
I just took a the Vietnam War stuff out and put in the stuff from the zip. It doesn't seem like it should work, but that's what I did.

Luddi VII said:
we are going to release an upgrade file.The errors shall be fixed then.have you put the files in there?

i certainely have, put I'll put them in again.

Top Bottom