The Viking DLC

As a DDE purchaser my complaint is less about the actual content, but more about the size/cost.

Now, admittedly if I were paying separately for each one, I would have saved the Vikings Scenario until much later when there was a big sale and I had exhausted a lot of the current content. On the other hand, I would have bought the Poland Civ pack as soon as it came out. However, I understand that since I selected to get the first 4 as a pre-paid bundle I am at their whim regarding what is in them, and that part I am OK with.

The real problem is that we were specifically promised a savings for the first 4 DLC. At $20 for the first 4 DLC - at $5 per DLC (so far) there is no savings at all! So being locked into the content, while not being able to wait for a sale myself, but also getting no discount (so far) is the big complaint.

Admittedly if they drop two larger $7.50 DLC's as the last two or even one $10 and another $5 I will be satisfied. I would hope that most others who bought the DDE would be as well.

In the end, I will almost certainly get all the content (I did for Civ 5) - but I had been led to believe there was a savings if I gave them my money up front, and so far they haven't delivered what they advertised.

If you judge the content of a DLC by the number of achievements, the next one will be bigger than the first two, and therefore, probably more expensive.

Top Bottom