1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Void Wakens - A God Game

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Civ'ed, Apr 13, 2015.

1. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Name: Ordo
    Plane: Dusch
    Alignment: Order, Stasis, Perfection
    Symbol: TBA

2. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

Order's already taken.

3. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

They were actually a response to the giant freaking mountain. Except only sort of. I was basically trying to think of something a madgod would make and I feel like I nailed it.

I wrote the whole rock thing before you poste, regardless. I took a couple hours for the composition of the planet.

4. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

I find it offensive that you would not own up to your actions. I hereby demand we become blood sworn enemies or the best of friends for eternity.

5. Civ'ed

I hereby ship Sheogorath and Shai'tan as frenemies
    "it's not like I like your dragons, b-baka!"

6. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

I dont get it.

7. KaiserElectric

KaiserElectric Total Freakin Besties

Working on special RP complete with poetic meter, but for now, my orders are thus.

I will use both actions to create a creature on my world and bring it to this one; Matriarch Trees. A seemingly normal tree at first glance, these trees are filled with the divine power of Nahhira and are said to be the bridges between this world and the living plane of Shayok. Always in full bloom regardless of the time or season, these divine trees create an aura of permanent spring, protecting the plants and wild creatures who dwell within, and viciously defending itself and those creatures from all that would do them harm.

8. Zappericus

Zappericus Euro scumbag

Censored version:
    Oh why, hello there my divine next-door neighbor.

I was just passing by the locale and couldn't help but notice you've got a thing for life-granting trees that protect the innocent. that's neat, and all that.

Love, Bahl.

(NSFW) What the War God actually said:
    Spoiler :
    YOU LITTLE BASTARD,

THINK ANYONE GIVES A SUB-ATOMIC FLYING ****FESTIVAL ABOUT YOUR TREES? YOUR STUPID TREES? YOUR "MATRIARCH" TREES? WHAT IS THAT, FRENCH? NORMAL GOD LANGUAGE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, YOU POMPOUS SLAG? IF I ACTUALLY HAD FISTS, I WOULD'VE PUNCHED YOUR TEETH IN, YOU RANK SPOOGEGARGLER.

I HOPE YOU SPEND THE NEXT MILLENNIA INVENTING LUBRICANT, BECAUSE I AM GOING TO VIOLATE YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU LOVE.

- note: No offense meant towards the player, and all is portrayed as an in-character dialog. imagine reading it with a heavy cockney British accent and it becomes rather hilarious.

9. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

The god of death hopes the god of darkness and the god of music do consider peace but if rivalry comes then fate dictates that all will become one with death and the followers of rival gods will hence become one with Baase.

For now if friendship erupts then the god of death will see it as fated.

For now if war erupts then the god of necromancy will see it as fated.

For now if the god of music and god of dragons become friends and enemies even the god of fate will not be able to determine the fate of their relation.

Whatever the case all will die and become one with death.

The god of fate, death and necromancy has spoken.

10. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Oc'e looks at the world below her, and outstretches her arms. Channelling her energy, she extends a force towards all the bodies of water that are on the planet. Water starts to slowly evaporate, only to build up in the great sky and, eventually, fall in a powerful torrent. This phenomenon would be known as "rain", and it would be the gift Oc'e gives to the world.

On an uninhabited island. Oc'e pulses another wave on energy. She demands great trees to grow under constant rain, creating a lush, verdant land known as a "rain forest". This small island would serve as a testing ground for more forest to show up later.

11. Civ'ed

update WILL be going up tomorrow.

12. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

Vol'Terra gazed upon the void that is this plane, seeing the other god's creations, Vol'Terra settled to create molten rock, which would be created under all the other gods creations. This rock will create the fire and earth that will create and replenish the lands of this plane.

With this Vol'Terra was content to rest, and watch as the lands would begin to form themselves.

13. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

lol

14. Civ'ed

Update 2/1
    Year 1000 of the Age of Creation
    Year 0 of the Treecount (Matriarch Trees)

Link to video.
    Blood had not been spilt for Baase, but the prerequisites were there.
    As, occasionally, a carnivorous creature ripped the jugular veins out of their victim, the soul just disappeared. The Elder Gods, noticing this, called upon the Gods to return.

The return of Nahhira sparked something. The collective consciousness of the Tree Matriarchs started to organize itself, and slowly yet surely, they grew conscious of the world around them. Matriarch Treecounters believe this to be Year 0 on their calendar.

The void had disappeared, with water flowing past a mantle of molten rock and a core of mercury.

But the Age of Creation was yet to end. In fact, it was far from over.
    And as the Elder Gods renewed their instructions, they fell back into a slumber...

Notes:
    Again, barebones. sorry.
    Really, you should only care about the first date mentioned.
    Terrain map
    Spoiler :

Red is lava flows, grey is wasteland, brown is highlands, icy blue is ice, light blue is fresh water, dark blue is sea
    light green is plains, green is forest, dark green is rainforest
    Yellow is desert.

Racial map
    Spoiler :

There are currently 500 Matriarch Trees in existence. Dragons and Reapers do not show up because, well, either they don't live on this plane or aren't intelligent enough yet.
    The Age of Creation ends when there are three intelligent species living on the planet.

15. Polyblank

Polyblank King

CREATION

Subodh looked upon the plane and the creation of other Gods, and he liked what he saw. Everywhere and within every species there was innate potential. And for this reason, he reluctantly decided to create a species of such divinity, whose growth would equal intelligence and closeness to the divine truth and knowledge.

For this reason, both of his actions were devoted to the creation of the species and to granting it intelligence.

The creature had no name, for it was too hard to pronounce by other species and partially because it contained divide truth. However, it was often called "The Ground Veins" due to its similarities with veins. In essence, the creature was a biopolymerasic organism growing from a central hub that acted as a brain and expanded by releasing corrosive acids and enzymes in order to destroy the elements under its spreading tentacles. As it needed energy, the tentacles that managed to dig underground were equiped with special thermal cells that managed to use geothermal energy. As it would acquire more hubs it would grow more intelligent, but as it started as a primitive creature, it only had the intellectual capacity of determining threats and deciding where it would spread.

The creature would first be spawed by Subodh himself in Bähl's volcanic continent, for that was where the highest concentration of geothermal energy resided.

16. Zappericus

Zappericus Euro scumbag

OOC: amazing map update, cived. i must admit that i was rather worried that the many different creations and player actions would become tedious, but it all ended quite well. kudos!

The war god Bahl declares with the most severe of intent that any unpermitted intervention or divine involvement on his created landmasses or mortal species will provoke his eternal wrath, and his fury will ensure doom upon any future creations made by the offender.

Action I: Creation - The Apex Hemolun Brutii
    The great destroyer, in demand of filling his landscape with organisms for his bloodsports and entertainment, creates the first "Ironborne"; large, bulky and sentient humanoids of the Brutii genus that range in heights between seven to nine feet tall. they were created with an immense metabolism, to such a degree that wounds may visibly regenerate. to sustain their need for an immense food intake, the Ironborne uses photosynthesis to absorb nutrition from sunlight and heat as the body turns the thermal energy into chemical energy, effectively making them nigh-independent from having to digest any real food for prolonged periods of time.

Their dominantly grey coloured skin (rarely black or marine blue) is thick and leathery, as to survive anything but the most extreme of hazardous environments. additionally, specific pores in their skin (located mostly on their upper-back, chest, arms and legs) excretes a thick and protective gel composed of a metallic compound, actively granting the Ironborne natural armour for protection against vicious predators, heat and other threats.

In terms of physical might, their kind is nigh unchallenged. with a reinforced bone-structure, dense muscle fibres, natural resistance to degrees varying between a stunning 220-415°C (intense heat will trigger a defense mechanism in which their "armouring pores" go into overdrive and cover the entirety of their body as the brain releases a potent freezing agent throughout their blood stream to flash-cool the organs, blood and flesh), enhanced sensory abilities and powerful, elastic tendons - the Ironborne are outright apex warriors and survivalists.

In terms of reproduction, the Ironborne are asexual and lack any form of reproductive organ. instead, they have hollow sacks located within their bodies beneath the skin layer filled with dormant, fire-resistant spores that, upon an Ironborne dying, releases anything between 500-750 spores into the air that will eventually grow into new Ironborne spawn within a few days. these spores are extremely sensitive to cold weather, and will wither away in such regions. to supplement natural growth and ensure a high mortality rate to keep the population from overproducing, their kind is made with a heightened sense of aggression which makes lethal confrontations common for their species, as well as a natural aptitude for construction, warfare and metallurgy.

To ensure they do not generally turn on one another individually, the Ironborne are genetically imprinted with a strong urge to horde together into larger groups and expand their territories, even onto other Ironborne until either them, or they, are destroyed.

The natural lifespan of these sentient beings are between 34-42 years. optimal maturity is reached at 9, with noticable physical and mental degradation at 32. short, and violent.

*2 action points into this to make them sentient and capable of forming a civilization.

17. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

While the physical void had vanished from this plane, the deity had not abandoned it. Void returned from its home plane of Nihil after 1000 long years of meditation, and brought with it a species known as the Oblivious. These creatures are partially void of memory, and they are free from history in that they can't remember it. Basically, they have a short-term memory of high capacity and longer duration - better than any other known living organism - but their long-term memory is almost inexistent.

An Oblivious is not fully aware of itself due to its forgetful nature, but they have a strong sense of community and are very capable in groups. To make up for their inexistent long-term memory, the Oblivious utilize their prolonged short-term memory by constantly transferring knowledge and information between one another. If one were to stray and end up alone, it would soon forget most of what it had learned. To avoid that scenario they can sense, and are attracted to sources of, magnetic energy which helps guide a lost one back to the mountain at the center of this world, the caves of which will be their home.

The Oblivious were created in the image of Void, and are therefore void of a true form. However, they are most often seen as tall humanoid shapes covered by a dark cloak.

18. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Two acts will be conducted by Baase.

Act 1: open a gate between Niurin and the created world so that the reapers, the angels of death, may enter to commence their duty of care-taking any soul of sentient beings so they may come to the next stage. For now they will serve as my eyes, ensuring my vision of creation. My angels will not live in this world but will conduct work within it, serving as my collectors of souls and as my messengers. The gate is to be placed in the clouds and visible with those only of the dark vision (such as reapers and cats) may witness it.

Act 2: may a great barren land emerge in the (dead) central north which will be known as Çheeratçhim or the Dread Land. It will be a rough land, which only the most survivalist plants may grow and the hardest beasts survive. In time this land will bare beings neither dead or alive, beings who will known as undead. For now it will be empty of live, its dark yellowish ground to be rough for any who come to it. It will be a land fit for a necrocracy.

19. Civ'ed

Quick update:
    The map's been rejigged to look EVEN BETTER

20. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

Void's second action in the 1000th year of creation was to combine the forces of the magnetic mountain and the planetary core to create a magnetic field around the planet. It creates a protective barrier so strong that when energy from the Elder Gods flows through it, the magnificient Aurora Volturnis - the Southeastern Lights - can be seen in the skies above the vast continent of ice that was created by Gelimont at the beginning of time.

Similar lights can also be seen above the mountain at the center of the world, but there the phenomenon is called Aurora Centralis - the Central Lights. These two locations around which auroras can be spotted are the planet's magnetic poles.

(OOC: I thought this deserved its own action, rather than being a consequence of the mountain and the core, because auroras are so divine and beautiful!)