The Void Wakens - A God Game

Subodh looked upon the sleeping humans, and he saw great potential within them. With divine help, they could approach the Truth, and the Truth would set them free.

And so he decided to bless these humans furthermore. "Those material beings of the lower plains that now sleep shall be eternally and universally be blessed with thirst for knowledge" he said, and with that the first proof of his divine presence for this period was ensigned upon the humans.

As he looked towards Bähl's lands, he witnessed the Ground Veins and the powerful Ironborn and he thought to himself "For one to live he must first learn to survive". And thus his Ground Veins were blessed with plentiful of bacteria that would enter a mutual marriage with them. The bacteria would overtake a part of the Vein's life force and in return they would ensure the spread of the Veins by carrying out their words of life.

And with this second proof of his presence he decided to observe and contemplate about the sentient lives of this world.

The Horrors of the Icelands

As another cold night blows with roaring winds in the distance a number of silhouettes could be see seen. As the silhouettes move close in view they took to the appearance of white skinned people with marking on there bodies. They were the Valadesh. Being who have grown to known this forsaken land as there home. This group in particular that have markings that looked difference to each other but had the small sharp. Because of this the Valadesh found them selves as tribes but that is a story maybe for another time. This tale focus on the Illantia tribe in their travel to found a place to call home.

Let us continue were we left off...........

Mens, Womens, childs, and elders walk this frozen path. The Illantia tribe have travel far thought the ice and cold till they found something of interest. A ice craven was discovered and they decide to make shelter to get away from the harsh cod winds. Inside the people of saw marking on the walls but also found corpses of what they thought was a tribe that was here before them. On the wall told the tales of this lost tribe that has no name but a gift of warning to those that during to live here. It tale of the thing that reside in these lands. These are there stories.

"To those that come here be warn for these land hind untold beasts that roam these land". "We the lost one fell cause we didn't know what we would found here but we hope to past these tales so that other wouldn't share our demise"

Sepenvales
"Beware the Slender ones the wait for the unready"
Markings of a slender figure slash what appear like the lost tribe figure.
Spoiler :

"We have travel these land hoping to found food only for 8 of are warrior were eaten by a slender beast that jump out the snow a in quick fury" "It cleaved one warrior apart and we decide to run instead of fight such a thing"

Sea Maws
"Beware the mouth the sleep under the thin ice"
Markings of a hold breaking thought what was depicted a ice with figure felling into it.
Spoiler :

"After the Slender one we thought that it couldn't found us if were near the water and we thought we could fish on the thin ice but we were wrong" "A mouth appeared right under us and ate many but some of us till were able to get away"

Ice behemoth
"Beware the one that stand above all and freezes all in it wakes"
Markings of a Beast large then any thing marking in the cave
Spoiler :

"We have been mindful after the last attacks keep watch as to avoid being attack again" "We settle on a ice hill that seem to give us great view of the land" "Little did we know that the hill started to move with use rolling off it" "In horror we watch as the his revealed a monster of massive size" "We try to run but as soon as we did half of us had spot moving altogether" "They looked like frozen image of us but we realized that they were us" "We run as hard as we could with the monster not pursuing as it already had it cold meals" "We could till hear the crunching as we ran"

Shiverghols
"Beware the group of beasts that follow in the cold"
Markings of a group of beasts chasing the lost tribe.
Spoiler :

"We are few in number as we try to leave this curse place but as we walk we heard the stepping of more feet then our own" "We look to see many pares of eyes looking at us""We run to avoid them but they kept keeping up to us""Our number grew smaller and smaller as there numbers grew larger"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are going to be no more as the beasts know we are here we made these marking to tell those that come after us to beware the horrors of this unforgiving land" "Do not make the same mistake like us"

As the Age of Creation came to a close and the Age of Life dawned, Soon found that his power over the land, his ability to bring forth land and sea from the Void, was with him no longer. And yet Gods who had nothing at all to do with civilization could still shape life and form intelligent beings as they pleased. He resolved to submit an inquiry into this apparent hypocrisy to the Elder Gods at a later date, but for now, the God of Civilization had a civilization to form. He looked upon the land and observed a species of small, burring, rodent-like animals. These creatures, being completely dependent upon one another for survival and living under the control of a single breeding queen, seemed perfect for uplifting. And Soon extended his tendrils and engulfed several of the creatures' colonies, shaping and uplifting the inhabitants within. Once he was satisfied with the physical forms of his new children, he granted them intelligence, a need for and appreciation of community, and the drive and ability to organize themselves into civilizations under breeding queens. He called his race the Choluum, and, his work complete, retreated to observe what they would do over the next 500 years.

TL;DR
  1. Alter some mole rat colonies; make their teeth sharper and more durable, give them hands, give the queens a larger, more developed brain and an even greater capacity for reproduction, and make them about a meter in length.
  2. Give the new race everything it needs to form an organized, capable civilization.

Baase sat in meditation before a council of reapers, the angels of death, for whom listened to their sovereign who in deep though had been thinking of the recent course of creation and the fated hour that was ever emerging. The deity of death began to speak in a tone of many voices, many chants, many tones, united in fate...

"Has fated the lives of this world has bloomed. To life is a to be as death will be and so their sleep more live to awake in this cycle of existence. Yet how mighty the oak may grow or the dragon roar each must eventually meet their last act, each set to wither like a rose or to be extinguish like a flame. It is the fate of all things to end, just as it is for all things to begin, for the end is a beginning and the beginning a end. Existence destroys nonexistence and the ceasing of existence creates nonexistence: such is a cycle of live and death that we must all, even the gods, be commanded by.

"Yet just as the flames of the volcanic wastes can cling to existence more so and how a great oak may manage to last thousands of years so does exist a loophole in the cosmic laws of the universe, a loophole which has been hidden among the shadows and lights... until now.

"Heed well o angels of death for you reapers are my eyes, hands and mouths. You search, you collect and bring my words; this latter has not yet been well performed, for I feel that my message should first be meditated upon before been set forth. I have conducted meditation and now feel the time has come to place of the seed of a civilization that will care not species nor creeds but only of the loophole that will drive mortal and immortal alike in a craze on the meaning of existence.

"Now though... I sense a volunteer emerges to speak to I, for I know the fated task that lies ahead."

"My sovereign" spoke a reaper among the clouds of shadow that surrounded the plains of Baase. "I volunteer to be thy messenger of undeath, of the knowing that you have realized would bring critique to the cycle that even you yourself are bounded by, for all must die yet the gods are ever hesitant to that notion at its fullest level. For the end to be there must a struggle against death and that the gift of undeath will see this struggle that will all end in them any rate being one with death and yourself."

"Very observant; your eyes and ears are ever a service to I o Imraa" spoke Baase. "Necromancy will be a school of magical and faithful considerations that will be bounded to the will of death in the end, for even the undeath must end. Nevertheless this will make a notable consideration to the forces of creation, allowing the worship of the fated as death becomes even more visible among the mortals who will always embrace death in the end, whether they are powerful or weak, rich or poor, dragon or insect. Undeath will make a interesting experiment, to see how mortal and immortal alike react to those who are either existent nor nonexistent, alive nor dead, of the world nor exiled from its plane.

"I hence will create a tomb of knowledge. This knowledge will begin in oral tradition as passed from Imraa to the first necromancers and, with the creation of the written word, will make hence a gospel of dark secrets which will involve the wisdom of fate. These souls who will cheat the laws of the cosmic will of course face risk of being shunned and oppressed by those who view those outside the cycle of live and death as the ultimate 'other' to be contested with. Trials will hence be set to those who seek to be beyond live and death, especially my faithful who will emerge to embrace my glory in thanks that the deity of death and fate is one whose true is universal: all must end. Even undeath must end for as the rotten carcase is eventually consumed by the parasites clinging to it, the ghost excused from the plain to a state of rest, the skeleton collapsing as even the most ironed bones decay and the lich's soul eventually is released as its container is cracked open to open the way to I. Necromancy will be the ultimate folly, a test to determine who is willing to embrace fate or who would like to try to rebel against it. All in all the truth will emerge: all must end."

"Therefore I will go and spread forth the knowing of necromancer to those who may hear" spoke Iraa. "My task will not cease till enough heed the knowledge and become will the new trials you will set the world, for the cosmic must be tested."

"Even fate must be trialed time to time" spoke Baase. "I will test myself through the spreading of news. Go now o Iraa and bring the truth that all must end but that there is a chance one can escape the cycle of live and death... even if necromancers in the end will have to face the trials set out by their own deity, who is not caring in favor of thy worshipers and practices for all are set to die, even those who hate death or even those who love it. In the end there will only be endings as all will die but then there will only be beginnings as the cycle continues. The challenging of the cycle... will the ultimate beginning and end of what will be."

Baase hereby sets first point of actions to spread forth the knowledge and practices of necromancers; creating this practice and spreading it to the mortal realm, delivered by the reaper Iraa as Baase's messenger. This will not be done by means of direct telling but indirect; made it unconcius and do not give the secrets to the Ironborn, as part of our pact with the war god. Baase will make the Valadesh the first necromancers, unlike the unworthy Ironborn. No more than 10 figures may become the first necromancers and whatever god they will control to worship Gelimont; I do not aim even to be secondary worshiped but rather just to spread my teachings of necromancy. In time sages will unlock through their own devices the means of necromancy and from there emerge the way. The necromancers will use dark to animate the dead and to even begin a quest to make themselves undead, ultimate resulting in the process of the lich, a immortal being of supreme necromancer power who commands the dead with utter glory. Yet all must end; the first of the necromancers will remember this...

Of course: what is the reason for undeath? Surely mortals must know what coming...

Set second into creating a special fog of conscious; make mortals blind to the great beyond, with eyes in mortal material notions rather than metaphysical realms. Essential make mortals uncertain about what will come after death, thus making necromancy more attractive and allowing a diversity in believes in what comes after death. Iraa should hopefully arrive with the message of undeath after my potential messiah has been part of the great fogginess to what is beyond. Such will fate them to strive.

Xyz noticed the transformation of the world as the Age of Creation ended and the Age of Life begun. Xyz observed the changes, but he did not interfere. It was not Xyz’s policy to interfere with something that was already moving, he merely wished to push things that were static onto the path of transformation. So Xyz continued his cycle of resting, feasting on the Jutt and observing until he found something that interested him.

As the season changed and the winds picked up, Xyz once again heard Heshan’s invitation to help her create a group of creatures not affiliated with any god. Although Xyz had not been interested in her idea beforehand, for some reason the idea tickled his fancy. Xyz was, of course, prone to flights of fancy, so he left his island for a short time and went to Heshan’s domain. He looked upon her creations and he decided that their lives, if they were to wake this moment, would be static and dull. Xyz smiled as he realised what he should give the humans.

He rose above the sleeping humans and began to shake his body with the greatest of force, his movements were so intense that for that day the sky itself shook. After he had finished his dance, his skin shed off of his body, unveiling his new skin. The skin slowly fell to the ground and began to disintegrate into dust that constantly changed colour. During their peaceful sleep, the humans breathed in the dust. Humanity now had a small part of Xyz’s skin embedded in them, it would remain in them for as long as humanity collectively drew breath. This small essence will make their bodies transform through the passage of time. When they reach a certain age, their bodies will begin a long transformation from childhood into adulthood, longer than most other creatures. It is during this transformation that their bodies will grow taller and stronger, their minds will grow sharper, they will grow more beautiful and they will discover the many pleasures of adulthood. Many other strange changes will effect them during this period. However, this essence imbedded into them is both a blessing and a curse. Because of this dust, the power of Drivalka will now weigh more heavily upon them. Ageing will be more painful and more costly for humans than for any other species.

((If you hadn’t guessed, the period of transformation refers to puberty. Xyz has given humanity their own unique puberty, yay for them)).

Pleased with his work, Xyz retreated back to his island where he continued to feast upon the Jutt. But Xyz then had a thought, wouldn’t it be fun to have a species of his own? But not these feeble-minded creatures that lay before him, no, he wanted something that could fully comprehend his beauty and the true perfection of transformation. But perhaps…just perhaps these creatures could prove themselves worthy of his blessing.

The sky above Xyz’s Island, the island that would soon be known as “Djigeti Kie (Land of the Worthy)”, transformed into a dark abyss of storms causing each and every Jutt to look up to the sky. Although they could not understand language, Xyz communicated to them all that he wanted to impress them. While most Jutt were merely running around in fear at their greatest predator flying around in the sky with all these loud noises, the (slightly) more intelligent of the creatures realised that this was their chance to stop being preyed upon by Xyz. So the smarter Jutt began to try and show that they were more powerful and more dominant than Xyz the only way they knew how, by barking at him. Well, they weren’t THAT much smarter than the average Jutt.

Xyz looked upon the Jutt who barked at him, completely perplexed. He took it in for a moment and then laughed with a great roar that caused some of the taller trees on the island to fall over. The Jutt had entertained him with their pathetic and rather cute display of aggression. He gathered up all of the Jutt that had pleased him so and placed them in the middle of the island, where he breathed a small amount of godly essence upon them. This began to transform them, they stood upright and became leaner, stronger and smarter. They were truly very different to the other Jutt on the island. They had become the Djigeti, the ones deemed worthy by their God to be granted intelligence.

The Djigeti (The Worthy)

Appearance – If the Jutt were “lizard sheep”, then the Djigeti would be “lizard men”. They are androgynous, so it is difficult for a non-Djigeti to tell the difference between a male and female Djiget without looking at their genitals.
Traits – The Djiget are social creatures and prefer to live in groups. They place great importance on their elders and their experiences. However, they are also accepting of new ideas. The concept of tradition is alien to the Djiget, on the whole they believe that there is nothing that cannot be improved. Like the Jutt which they evolved from, they lay eggs and are reptilian in nature. Xyz has also allowed them to partake in the pleasure of consumption of the meat of the Jutt as well as the native plants that they used to eat, making them omnivores.
Sapient? – Yes, Xyz has given them knowledge of animal husbandry (of the Jutt) and basic shelter building to kickstart this process.

Pleased with his new creations, Xyz left the world and entered into his home plane. However, he kept a small crack from his world to Djigeti Kie so he could observe and, if needed, interfere in the development of his people… 

Action: Cancelled - Baase submitted by declaring Bähl the superior god.
Dies Irae!

"BAASE! YOU DEPRAVED, LOWLIFE SCUMSUCKER! YOU DARE? YOU BLOODY DARE?! TO VIOLATE MY WORD?! TO INTERVENE WITH MY CREATION? TO BRING YOUR UTTERLY USELESS AND COWARDLY ESSENCE TO MY MORTALS AND SPREAD -YOUR- WORD? YOU VILE FILTH! I WILL DESTROY YOU! I WILL PUT TO THE TORCH - EVERYTHING THAT YOU CHERISH! YOU, AND EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER ACCOMPLISHED IN YOUR SHORT, SICKENING, REELING UNLIFE, WILL BURN BRIGHTER THAN THE VERY STARS - UNTIL FLICKERING CINDERS IS ALL THAT IS REMEMBERED OF YOU AND YOUR WRETCHED CREATIONS! I WILL END YOU!"

The great and eternal eternal bloodthirster, Lord of the Black Sun, God of War and Fury - bringer of destruction and despair; Bähl, declares eternal Dies Irae upon the wretched death god Baase! may all of this disgraceful interloper's creations be turned to ash until the very apocalypse claims this petty world! may the axe of war split his skull, and may he burn in the fiery abyss for all eternity! may the elder gods deem him unworthy and strip his essence! may his suffering be legendary!
Action I - The Essence of Fury​

The War God Bähl looks upon the realm and roars in great anger at the lack of aggression in the sentient species that now dot and spread across the mortal realm. with a mighty sweep of his arm, he unleashes the essence of anger, fury, and primal aggression upon humanity - from this day, until the end of days, these beings would be able to feel the maddening scraping of boiling fury at the back of their minds when wronged, injured, influenced by greed or selfishness - or otherwise put in situations that would bring a negative outcome on their part. may war and destruction fester in the wake of their kind.

Action II - The Hemulus Genus II​
Seeing the other gods' interference with his great warrior race, Bähl adjusts the Hemulus genus code by ensuring that future generations of the Ironborne are spawned with a series of inactive nerve threads in their brains which will automatically activate upon their heart ceasing for more than a combined ten seconds - these nerves will then trigger a volatile bio-chemical reaction in the Ironborne's bodies, causing them to literally and explosively combust upon death, as to ensure that they cannot be resurrected by that cretin; Baase - and to a lesser degree, because the sheer destructive capabilities of an exploding warrior race is somewhat amusing to the war god.

Baase is surprised! I thought you would admire your followers being able to fight with more creative means. As for the recruitment we can be certain that worshipers can worship more than one god, no?

Baase threatens the war god that any action against the followers of Baase will result in the Ironborn suffering a extinction scenario asteroid strike. However is willing to transmit the messager to another species (perhapes humanity when they awake may heed necromancy or the dragons with their dark god or the trees). Whatever the case Baase is surprised with the war god.

Aran'shei concludes that its in his interests to sit back and watch this dies irae unfold without intervening. For victory in all possible scenario's of this war goes to Aran'shei as souls pour into the afterlife.

-

Action I: Lord Aran'shei observed the work of Heshan his daughter, and found it worthy. Hence he returned unto the central plain of the world, from his sojourn in his lands in the uttermost west, and granted his blessing unto sleeping humanity. From Him, shall be given to men the panoply of sometimes conflicting desires and urges. Anger, happiness, pride and humility, The desire to live and the urge to die, the compulsion to change the world and to change oneself, to explore and remain with the familiar, to gain wealth and to live in serenity through renunciation of the world and many others besides. From these urges would humanity be truly free to choose between the manifold ways of the world and of the gods, and yet almost paradoxically humanity would be forever bound to Aran'shei, the ruler of desires, the Lord of Change, and the King of the Afterlife where the souls of all men would inevitably come.

-

ooc summary: Aran'shei imbues humanity with emotion and restlessness to change current circumstances. By this gift man will be simultaneously free to choose their paths through divergent wills, while being bound to the power of Aran'shei however much they may rebel against his will by the very fact of their restless desires.

Baase is willing to consult diplomatic alternatives: shared worship or to place the teachings of necromancy into the hands of humans.

Edit: I have change the race to [insert race and stuff here, will add later] so I can short out this mess.

Baase will be pleased to declare that the Dies Irae is to be called off; the first necromancers will not be Ironborn and the war god will continue to be a deity of great importance for death. Truely no reaper could match the importance, no afterlives god would make a greater hall for the undeath, no music god the sounds of joy that derive from battle and the skull collection would make Baase envious.

The first necromancer hence is officially a roulette that will not involve Ironborn!

Gelimont awakes from his slumber again only to hear the booming voice of Bähl. Geilmot ignored Bähl yelling and move on back to his frostland. He watch as the Valadesh separated in to difference group base on the marking on there skin. But Gelimont felt that there chances of survival would be short if they couldn't under to form better group so thought his powers he give the once animalist ice elves the gift of Sentience. Gelimont this would be enough but felt that a new ability is need to live in his land. Using the markings on their skin Gelimont channel a little of his power into them which gave the Valadesh the power to bend ice to their will. Even that small pour of power made Gelimont tried and so he slip back into his plane to rest again.

Action 1: The Valadesh gain Sentience and instead of forming tribes they made Clans which due to their marking tells them of which Clan they belong to.

Action 2: The Valadesh gain the power of ice sharping in that they can bend the very ice around them to craft items, buildings, etc for the use of surviving in this hostile place.

Bähl is arguably pleased, if not somewhat bitter, with the death god's public submission to his greater strength, and has regretfully called off his declaration for war against the cretin. however, he does threaten that this is the one and only mercy he will ever grant in his existence, and that another transgression will lead to Baase's total and utter destruction.

May the war god continue to succeed over the afterlives god in providing a good retirement for the dead, the music god with the scream of battle as the chore and the skull pile continue to grow till a throne be of it!

when do I need to be responsible by

After some talks with Gillium I am please to declare that the frost peoples will now be given lessons in necromancy! :D

May the war god continue to succeed over the afterlives god in providing a good retirement for the dead, the music god with the scream of battle as the chore and the skull pile continue to grow till a throne be of it!

Aran'shei smirks with amusement, seeing his son has finally ditched the stoic façade and entered a rebellious phase.

Aran'shei smirks with amusement, seeing his son has finally ditched the stoic façade and entered a rebellious phase.

Baase has no child, interloper. I spoke of the music god, yet thy does not make noise of my hand being forced.

You prove useful as credible as a graduate of a diploma mill.

Bähl declares with furious intent that he will, at one point or another, pit his warrior race against humanity when their kin is ripe for the brutality and endless glories of proper warfare - and therefore demands that the gods make mankind well fit for the challenge, lest his blood sports will become a dull affair, and be ended swiftly without satisfaction.

Top Bottom