1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Vox Populi Challenge No. 12 - Brexit

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Grabbl, Mar 16, 2019 at 7:45 PM.

1. Grabbl

Grabbl Chieftain

Dear players of Vox Populi!

There's a new version out that truly deserves the attribute "new", and with it, the first season (yes, that implies that there will be more) of the Vox Populi Challenge comes to an end with a quit european challenge... No matter whether you already know the challenge, or this is your first time, read on and participate!

As this is the last challenge, feel free to give any feedback you can think of with regard to the challenges! Especially, let me know if I can improve in the layout of these challenge posts: Is there any information that you find too hard to find, or anything that makes it less appealing to you?

If you're following the news these days, there may have been the slightest of hints that something is going on in the United Kingdom: It's not-so-united parliament is trying to see how the UK will be leaving the EU - or will they? Luckily, in video games, the world is simpler and there are no thousands pages of treaties that make international relations complicated: Show the real-world politicians how it's done and prevent all the foreigners coming to your glorious nation so that you can drink tea in peace.

Before you continue, make sure that you have Vox Populi version 3-14 with the newest hotfixes installed. Also, please make sure you know the rules. Especially, don't share ingame information unspoilered, not even the number of points you achieved (or the turn where you finished the challenge). I don't want anyone to be discouraged by your score, or knowing what numbers he should aim for. In spoilers, you are very welcome to describe your game, of course :)

Spoiler Game Rules :
    1) The Golden Rule: Don't replay, don't reload, send in your first try! It is recommended to set your auto-save frequency to 1 turn for this game. If you have a crash that forces you to replay, write it in the mail afterwards and try replaying as closest as possible to what you did before the crash.

2) Don't exploit any bugs you may find. At the moment, I'm not aware of any exploitable bugs, but just in case, don't overuse obviously bugged mechanics (like the infinite tribute-bug a few patches ago).

3) Don't share ingame-information unspoilered! If you want to share strategies or ingame information in this thread, use spoilers and write "Do not open unless you already sent in your game." on top of it. A separate thread for spoilers would be good, but I don't want to spam the main forum for this pilot.

4) Don't look at spoilers if you didn't finish your game!

5) Don't use cheat tools (Ingame Editor, Info Addict...) and don't open the map in some editor or else.

6) Don't use any additional mods besides full Vox Populi (1 to 6, either EUI or non-EUI) as I'm not sure whether I will be able to open your savegame files if you do.

The exact goal for this challenge:
    Submission deadline is Wednesday, the 10th of April, 6 pm Eastern Time (midnight in Central European Time). You can submit by personal message to me, posting your save in this thread, or sending it to vox-populi-challenge@gmx.net. Don't forget to write the name under which you want to appear in the ranking if sending by e-mail!

Spoiler Game Settings :

• Map: Continents, Small
    • 6 players
    • Research Agreements, No Tech Trading
    • No Ancient Ruins
    • No Events

If something is not clear, read the following spoiler, then ask a question if still unclear.

Spoiler Challenge Specifications :

• It doesn't matter who proposed the travel ban resolution, who voted for it etc.. The only condition is that it is listed as active resolution in your submitted save.
    • The resolution can be proposed once a civilization has researched Flight. (if the tooltip is right)
    • If you're using Improved City View, make sure it's the fixed version from the 3-14 Beta thread.
    • I'm aware that the new beta contains large changes, thus I opted for a challenge that does not directly involve the happiness system (other than it affects all your empire in general).
    • For the same reason, be aware that bugs may be detected. Don't exploit them (of course) if you find one. If you want to be sure, perhaps wait a few days whether any hotfix comes up before playing.

This challenge is the last of a season of 12 challenges. After the submission deadline, I will rank all participants (divided by difficulty level) and you will get 15/13/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1/1/1/... points for the 1st/2nd/3rd... rank. At the end of the season, your best 10 results will count for the final ranking.

The winners of the season (one for Prince, one for Immortal) will be granted the opportunity to become a part of the game as a Great Person of their choice (Prophets excluded). Thanks to Gazebo for this contribution to the challenge! Also if the winners are already set (Dejagore and Thomas8), don't hesitate to participate!

Now... download the save for your difficulty, make sure you have Vox Populi version 3-14 and you're ready to go!

Attached Files:

shangela and TheBigFundamental like this.
  2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

3. Grabbl

Grabbl Chieftain

Reserved for results.

4. Grabbl

Grabbl Chieftain

Well, it says Beta :D Let's see...

5. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I like that the starting luxury is tea for both starts.

Moi Magnus likes this.
  6. TheBigFundamental

TheBigFundamental Chieftain

Lovely theme and very appropriate that Tea is the starting luxury!

Grabbl likes this.
  7. nemoens

nemoens Chieftain

Tie breaker should instead be closest to a 52:48 world congress vote wins :D

Edit: Save game seems to crash with nothing other than the normal 14-3 mods installed. Can someone else can confirm that the save does work before I go through a reinstall?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019 at 2:08 PM
  8. Kars

Kars Chieftain

You made me laugh on a monday. Thank you.

9. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Haha I love this!