The Vox Populi Player Statistic

Grabbl

Prince
I salute you, fellow Vox Populi lovers!

I don't know if there is any demand, but also for my personal interest, I created a small survey regarding Vox Populi perception in general (in a subjective manner, of course), and the game settings you play with (that's more objective, I guess). I would be happy if you'd participate. Of course, the survey is not complete at all, and doesn't need to, but I think it would be an interesting view. It's the first survey I created in my life (woohoo! :D and before you ask, I won't throw a round of beer to celebrate this), so don't be too mean with me :(.

If there is a sufficient number of participants, I will of course do an analyze of this beautiful toll, revealing each and all of your secret game-winning strategies you describe there. So, if you just rage-quitted a game because Shaka founded his religion one round before you could, or still drunk from your last terrific victory with the famous Beethoven-concert tour to Japan in 2030 A.D., it's the perfect time to relax a bit and take the survey!

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...SxMyEYMIj9ishYYvqbzbapug/viewform?usp=sf_link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...SxMyEYMIj9ishYYvqbzbapug/viewform?usp=sf_link
As it is also about strategy, here's one lesson Casimir tries to teach us:
20170730205354_1.jpg

Remember: SS boosters are neither diplomats nor scout units! And that arabic Modern Armor there is not just coming to admire that rocket engineering miracle... (or: How to lose a game when you're 15% ahead in techs)

So, now I teached you something, and you have to do the survey! Enjoy!

(and please notice me if on the survey, you are able to see my e-mail adress, that shouldn't be like that)

Good job on the survey. It would be nice to see answers from other people.

Wow, very detailed, good job! One thing: in the map choice you mention Tectonics - it exists, but the popular one is Tectonic (without s). Maybe you can add both next to each other with authors' names...? On my cell, but I think the Tectonic was created by Hellblazer.

I'm happy that there are some people to like the idea.

For Tectonic: Good point, I will add it. In fact, I knew that there were 2, but thought Tectonics was the popular one (perhaps I even downloaded the wrong one and that's why I was not that impressed :D). However, I'm at work now, so I will do it in the evening.

Thanks to all who participated!

Done, but I don't exactly understand this one: Describe your ideal general-purpose land army of 20 units. If needed, think of a Renaissance army (so just one Melee unit, and no tanks/anti-air units).

Perhaps it would be easier to understand like that:

You have 20 military units to supply. Without redarding production cost and strategic resources, how many units of each combat type do you want? If you want to think of specific units instead of combat types, think of a Renaissance army (Tercio, Heavy Skirmisher, Knight, Cannon, Crossbowman, Explorer (?)).

Thanks for the feedback, I'll reformulate this evening.

Perhaps it would be easier to understand like that:

You have 20 military units to supply. Without redarding production cost and strategic resources, how many units of each combat type do you want? If you want to think of specific units instead of combat types, think of a Renaissance army (Tercio, Heavy Skirmisher, Knight, Cannon, Crossbowman, Explorer (?)).

Thanks for the feedback, I'll reformulate this evening.

Well, eventually I was able to figure it out but I didn't warn me that I checked more than 20 units. I think I checked 21...

Yeah, there was no type of sophisticated Response validation available for this question type... I believe in the statistic, that equally many cross 19 and 21 units, and if not, it's just an estimate after all.

Yeah, there was no type of sophisticated Response validation available for this question type... I believe in the statistic, that equally many cross 19 and 21 units, and if not, it's just an estimate after all.
You can normalize each answer. Divide each number of units by the total number of units, so if someone said 5 melee 2 ranged 3 scouts, that equals to 5/10 melee, 2/10 ranged and 3/10 scouts. Then multiply by 20 to get all answers in the same base: 10, 4 and 6. Typically you'll end up with decimals, but when adding everything for the statistic, you just round the outcome.

I will do that, yes, also for the other multiple-option-questions when doing the analysis (as "somebody" also suggested in the survey...). By the way, anyone that wants to recommend good programs for that? Without searching, I would use excel + python subroutines, but perhaps anyone knows the field. It does not need to be very sophisticated, I need to do some manual selection nevertheless (there's already this guy winning all of his games on huge deity and rating the first five leaders in the alphabet as "strongest", "weakest" and "most interesting" at the same time :D).

Nice job, that must have been a lot of work! I am probably one of the few respondents that plays the game on easy settings. I refuse to go through the trouble of min/maxing yields and rarely start unprovoked wars, so I am not playing optimally. But I know that and I'm okay with it.

Top Bottom