What do you think of The Walking Dead?

• I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MjM

Deity
I don't see a thread on it, if there is one, that's too bad! This one will be better.

So, with the premiere of the new season, I thought it would be a good time to make the thread. The second season just premiered tonight, and I've got to say, it was a great episode. I really enjoy the series, it is probably one of my favorite television series, ever. A lot of people I know share this sentiment, so I wanted to ask CFC OT.

This thread should also serve as discussion of the plot, although, I please ask you put it in spoiler tags! Nothing worse then spoiling a great show for someone else.

Also, poll included. :D

Anywhoo, what I thought of the first episode of season 2:
Spoiler :
The episode was good! I can't believe Carl got shot, I did not see it coming! In case anyone didn't catch that, the deer was shot as well, so I'm assuming it's an accident of some sort. The next episode should be interesting, as I saw a few sneak peaks of it at the end of this episode. All in all, the episode was done well, and I'm glad the second season is shaping out to be just as good as the first. It is far too common for an early show that gains extreme popularity to go downhill, but this show seems like it will retain it's awesomeness. There are way too many commercials, though.

What did you guys think of that?

Season 2 kicked off with a good episode, at times it was weird, but it was perfect.

Spoiler :
Okay, loving the second season. Biggest thing I see as an issue is that Dale just needs to slap Andrea upside the head and tell her to shape the frak up. Actually, no, slap her upside the head and say...

"Humanity is on the brink here, little miss blondie and you don't get the option of checking out just cuz you're having trouble coping. Everybody needs everybody else, and we don't have time to deal with someone so selfish as to not to want to help out. So get your act together, now."

Oh, and so totally did NOT see Carl being shot coming at all!!!

Wrong forum; there's a thread already in Arts & Entertainment.

That said, I quite liked the first season, haven't seen the new episode yet. I read the comic book this is based on and while it hasn't been following the plot on a 1:1 basis the main idea is the same and if they keep as much of the original plot as they have been doing then y'all will be in for some pretty harrowing stuff down the road (well, all along the road, really).

Wrong forum; there's a thread already in Arts & Entertainment

That forum sucks though.

That said, I quite liked the first season, haven't seen the new episode yet. I read the comic book this is based on and while it hasn't been following the plot on a 1:1 basis the main idea is the same and if they keep as much of the original plot as they have been doing then y'all will be in for some pretty harrowing stuff down the road (well, all along the road, really).

They stick to it kind of. Some things, like Darrel being in the series, doesn't follow the comic. I think it can still be a great show down the line even if it doesn't follow the comic verbatim.

I like the series too, however, the first season didn't really follow the comics very much. That's not a criticism, I just thought they were going to follow the source material more closely. But maybe they shouldn't - I want to be surprised :lol: Otherwise, having read the comics I'd have spoiled everything for myself.

Also, the comics is way too dark for mainstream audiences.

The series is not too bad, considering that is bringing zombies to mainstream TV.

A "purist" of zombie movies will be probably put down by the long segments of background discussions between the various survivors... but again that's something now common in most of series in TV.

In some episodes (I still refer to first season) the plot fall down in tension or logic... but I still enjoyed it.

I agree with Winner that some parts of the comic would be not good for the mainstream audience.

Ehhhhh I thought the first series was kind of meh. It was watchable. But the best parts were things like the Latino 'gangsta' doods being human beings caring for Nana. Jenner not being the total asshat he was in the comics and that whole suicide thang at CDC. The latter I thought was moving. The acting is sub-par but it should get better... over time, I hope. Whatever, it wasn't awful. I'll watch the second season. Also, makeup/zombies is ossim.

I like the amount of gore in the show; there could be more I suppose. But I think the prosthetic makeup and effects are really good. The show even won an award in this category.

It's not about the gore. If you didn't read the comics, I won't spoil it for you, but the most... sickening parts weren't really about gore.

Or do you think mainstream audiences will receive well
Spoiler :
a) graphic torture; b) children being mutilated and murdered (and zombified and killed again); c) characters being raped and tortured by psychopaths; etc.?

I don't.

It's not about the gore. If you didn't read the comics, I won't spoil it for you, but the most... sickening parts weren't really about gore.
True, the most sick parts are not about gore itself.
Another good theme in the comic that I did not see (yet) in the series is the dehumanization of several people who barely see the difference between zombies and humans anymore.

However mainstream is slowly moving into the horror direction.
I was surprised by American Horror Story (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1844624/)... it's not something I really expected from a series, but more by a full blow horror movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom