1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The War on Innovia

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by Memphus, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So Anyone want to draft up a Battle Plan? We no Longer have the Ability to draft...But the have some weakly defended Coastal Cities. By taking out thier Coastal cities the can't Counterattack.

Do we want to Raze or Keep? I think if we decide to caputre any we gift them to Piffle (thus forcing Them into the War if Innovia wants it back)

When do we want to start the war?

2. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

That's quite an idea - gifting them to Piffle!

But my initial thoughts are we're better off razing. I have a feeling that Piffle has enough on their hands without having to deal with Innovia declaring war on them. Innovia would have everything to gain and nothing to lose by declaring on Piffle. Piffle would lose the cities, and Innovia is right back where they started. Meanwhile, Piffle has more War :mad: from losing the cities.

No, I think we're better off razing those. But let's get a four or five settlers prepping in the core to resettle that area before anyone else can. ;)

3. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

:agree: But I'm not TOO worried about the need to re-settle the areas where we burn Innovia's cities.

After-all, LOCO will be gone, Innovia will be under attack by us, and Aloha and Piffle will probably still be very busy with their own war.
    We won't exactly be racing anyone! :lol:

Therefore, our core should continue to build military until Innovia is totally done-for. Then we can produce some settlers.

4. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Alright then I propose the following general plan for the attack on Innovia.

After Declaring War:

Turn 1:
    1. Sink All visible ships so they have no eyes on the sea.
    2. Launch Attacks on As many coastal Cities as possible. I am picturing 2 first turn (attack from the sea)
    Burn thier city with thier Sugar (it is to the SE of their Capital)
    Burn thier city closest to us in the north (it is a newer city)

Turn 3-4
    After Landing / bombarding.
    Burn Port Tropicana (this cuts of thier ability to send thier Eastern Ships into the central war zone
    Burn the city with the Taj Mahal

Redirect Frigates to thier "bay" to kill any newly produced ship (this is the only place left. As well as begin Bombarding the Capital.

Turn 5-6
    Begin seige on thier capital with stack of units from Taj Mahal City & Sugar city. This stack will be primarily Cannons & Riflemen & our Grenadiers.
    Pillage everything to the North of Port Topicana. This stack will be our Cavalry, but without knowing thier inner defenses (typically weak) We can count on these units to raze more cities.

5. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Just because we don't see much of a defense in their coastal cities does not mean that they are necessarily weak all over: they could have a couple of stacks of rapid-responders positioned outside of our range of LoS. That's another reason I advocate Razing cities over keeping them.

I'll respond more specifically to the plan once I have a chance to look at the save later on. But my first impression is that the plan is a bit optimistic. ;)

6. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

I second this. :yup: That war might be a wee bit harder than the current one against Loco...

-Kylearan

7. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Well the nice thing is once Loco is out I am almsot positive the next weakest defense (soldiers) will belong to Innovia, so we should be able to get an idea of how they sit :)

8. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

This could be the justification we're looking for: "aiding the enemy of my friend makes you my enemy" sort of thing.

9. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Don't assume too much. They might be spying on the war. ;)

Watch the power graphs closely for a troop transfer.

10. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I don't think we need to stockpile so many cannons in Bombay. That just encourages Innovia to build defenses.

We will have some time to shuffle troops around when the real invasion starts. But until then, try to hide the cannons so they don't know our true strength. :)

Also, why are we spying on Innovia with normal ships and holding our Sentry frigates in reserve? It should be the other way around!

11. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Will begin hiding cannons & swapping ships next turn.

12. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So when do we start it?

Or does the newfound Piffle Aloha treaty delay things?

13. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

My plan to invade with waves of drafted Riflemen was shot down. So I assume we're waiting for Infantry + Factories.

14. Memphus

Memphus Deity

which to me is a little Over powered. Looking at the power charts Innovia is now in dead last and they have about half the "troops" we do.

Looking at the fact they just discovered physics they are pouring thier heart into their economy...

I fear if we wait for infantry we might have allowed them to catch up and have machine guns for example....

Addionally how will the wrold react if we decalre right away, versus waiting 15-20 turns.

We really do need to talk to piffle...

15. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

I don't know – I think waiting for Infantry is probably a prudent move at this point. We've just accomplished the essential doubling of our Empire – and opening new war front leaves us even more vulnerable to the long-expected Piffle back-stab.

Given that Piffle is now at peace with Aloha, that Backstab may already be in motion.

We might get some warning by keeping an eye on the power graphs (did Piffle suffer a big power score drop along with their peace treaty? Or do we need to wait for the next save to be able to tell? If it doesn’t look like Piffle suffered a major defeat, our odds of our getting attacked go way up, in my estimation.)

Best thing we can do to safeguard ourselves from a 3v1 is to beeline for Assembly Line while consolidating our holdings and beefing up our early-warning detection.

If there hasn't been any treachery by the time we get Assembly Line, then we gear up for the attack on Innovia.

At least, that's my thinking.

16. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Did anyone notice if their score went up when they claimed they got the tech they traded us? Just curious if they're putting us off while getting prepared. Call me paranoid.

17. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

Memphus posted the power graph in the state of the empire thread here (thanks Memphus!).

They took a hit, but it's hard to tell how "big" that drop in power really was. And we saw their SoD afterwards IIRC, so...yeah, we definitely should keep an eye out.

-Kylearan

18. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So I am gettign a little nervous of a 3 way union happening soon. Right now we have the Edge and Innovia is very weak (last in strength, but as Dave Mentioned beign Spiritual they can shift that prety quick.)

However with thier capital they have a ncie 3 city "HUB" in thier South West, That I think if we hit we could cripple them (Like Piffle did To Aloha)

Alternatively We need to communicate more with Piffle (tough with participation levels) to see if theywant to land a joint venture on Aloha where we plan on gifting them the cities.

Either way I have sent the Caravels back to pick up spies, I am assuming we sail 1 to Aloha, 1 To Innovia, and walk 1 down to Piffle??

19. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

It would be faster to sail the spy to Piffle, if we had a boat available ;)

I'm downright scared stiff of a 3-way union. I think it's a bad idea to tell Piffle when we plan on hitting Innovia - Piffle may blab. (of course, that's unlikely with current participation levels).

Or worse, time their attack on us to cooincide with our attack. :shifty:

I'm not at all against a 'limited' war against Innovia - pillaging cottages, raze a couple of cities, and then pull back. Weaken them, so they can't pull any more of that "We researched Physics before you guys did! :p" crap. :gripe:

20. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So maybe it is all these turns of peace that is making me itch...but I really think we Can Cripple Innovia right now with the forces we have.

4 Cities (Screenshots in Stae of Empire) are ripe for the capturing and then it free's up our Central Frigate's for Duty Else where.
    Not only would this set them back it would give us a "home base" on their land mass to gather troops for when we really hit them hard.

Turn 1 Would have us Capture Powderton, & Southern' Comfort.
    Turn 2 Would have us Capture Chowderton & Turn 4-5 Their Capital (with Converging forces) At this point All rifles could hold this city.

A Small Decopy Force could be landed outside of Port Tropicana to have them redirect troops there.

Ultimately we would sue for peace after capturing thier capital. Alternatively in 4-5 turns (keep in mind it will take us 3 turns to coordinate ships) we will then have new troops (infantry almost ready and flowing)

So do we start positioning now? Or do we wait till factories are up in IK and Mighty B before we start to position.

*One more thing of Note Innovia's defense right now are 1/2 our (look at the pwoer graph)

*Finally I am now rambling, but the otehr time to strike would be right atfer Piffle Redclares War on Aloha.*