1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The War on Loco

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by Memphus, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

How do we feel about innovia playing the save? they will see all of our units....

2. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I don't think Innvoia will learn anything new. They have seen pretty much every unit we have travel by galleon.

What I'm really worried about is the lack of admin leadership. They are the ones should should be filling in as turn players or leading the upgrade discussion.

3. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

I agree - I was really hoping G_A or Regent Man would step up here. :sad:

But given the choice between letting the game die and having some possible info leak out - I'll take the info leak.

Dave, maybe you could offer to play the save for LOCO? You might be less threatening than Memphus who is more highly visible as our turnplayer.

Just remember not to give them any free (non-ordered) mm help! ;)

4. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

:agree: on both counts!

-Kylearan

5. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So if we go to the 1.74 patch we lose our big advantage of the :whipped: timming correct?

6. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

This is from the patch release notice in the general discussions forum.

I've bolded the items that seem pertinent. But what, I wonder, does the pop-rush rounding bug refer to? The way population comes in units of 30 :hammers:?

7. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So is Chamnix any good?!?!? if the answer is yes then that might not be as good of news for us. Hopefully he followed orders ...and didn't do anything "extra" :eek:

8. General_W

Chamnix is brilliantly good at Civ3.
    I have no idea what his Civ4 skills are like.
    But he's also a very honorable player - so I doubt he'll do too much beyond what Joe instructs him... depending on how vague Joe's orders are.

I guess we'll find out! :lol:

At least the game is moving again after 12 days! :wallbash:

9. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Knowing Chamnix as much as G_W does, I'd say that our job is going to get tougher here.

As G_W mentioned, he is, above all, an honorable person. But that won't stop him from offering advice! He has a modest way of expressing his opinion that allows you to see, on your own, why his suggestions are worth heeding. If he thinks Loco's prescribed orders aren't that great, I'm sure he'll mention that in his turn report. But I agree that he will execute the orders requested of him, regardless of their merit.

He's a great guy to have involved in a game, on any side. This will certainly become more.... interesting :yup:

10. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

I have experience with Chamnix in two Civ4 PBEMs. He is good, but not as good as our own turnplayer. Although, the one PBEM that has actually gotten to 1AD so far started a long time ago so he may have gained in his skill level.

Also, I agree that he will follow any orders given to him. That won't stop Loco from issuing orders that are rather generic such as "send some troops to Epsilon's lands." Orders similar to that could be translated as Chamnix sees best, which could be bad for us.

11. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

The good news is our main stack wasn't attacked, allowing the 4 reinforcements to join it.

The bad news is Chamnix found the draft button.

12. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So we should be able to take thier capital next turn :evil:, and if they don't put any more troops into pensylvania our cavalry has a ~70% chance to take it down too....

13. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

This raises the question: When do we stop our naked aggression? Must we eliminate all Loco cities so that we don't have any "we long to join the Motherland ":mad:?
    What if we left them with a city?.... can we work that into an advantage against Innovia?

I'm just sort of thinking out loud here.... the game sure will go faster with one (or 2!) fewer teams.

14. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

Personally, I hate the "long to join Motherland" thingie, so I'd vote to eliminate Loco completely if we can. And from a meta-game perspective, this would shorten turn-around times as well... ;)

-Kylearan

15. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I agree with removing Loco, especially as they seem to be the team that's slowing down the game. I hope you all don't mind if I chime in.

16. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Chime in all you want!!

But if we're interested in speeding the turnaround on turns, we should take out Piffle next :lol:

17. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Well in Looking at it, once Loco's top 2 cities fall that leaves them with 2 left. 1 of them is too small to draft, so if we get there quick enough they won't be able to reinforce. Since there is this convinient road all the way to the NE (Bombay) we should be able to get there pretty quick. The only unknown is where their last city is.

18. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Another one bites the dust :)

Attached Files:

19. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

We have a bunch of 12xp units. We need a 17xp unit by the end of the war so we can build West Point.

Here's an XP reference table to help us get there.

5xp = <24.9%
    4xp = 24.9% - 50%
    3xp = 50.1% - 78%
    2xp = 78.1% - 99%
    1xp = >99%

This table ignores first strike, so if you are fighting longbows you need to drop the odds a bit.

20. General_W

Wow - Shortline is a nice city! It'll be great to control another holy city for the gold income! :D

Perhaps we should re-name the city in honor of Chamnix? Or would that be seen as mocking?

Chamnix's LastStand? (I think that may be too long?)