The War Thread

OK so Merlot didnt take the bait. The workers are still on the hill. So the plan to trap the catapults is not going to work. I guess we should just land our troops now and get this show on the road. The only other thing we could do is stay running the espy slider and keep putting the Capital into revolt to force a sustained strike.

Im sure they went into STRIKE this turn, but there is no way to verify without city visibility. Also, unless we make the capital revolt again next turn, there is no way to keep them in the STRIKE. So either we keep running the espy slider and keep making their capital revolt to keep them in a STRIKE or we go ahead and invade. Sabotaging the Corn isnt going to work. They know we are invading soon and they dont want to break up their stack to protect workers.

I guess we should just land our troops now and get this show on the road.
Driving this morning to work, I was thinking the same. Lets start this and finish it. We have bigger things to worry for.

Also, unless we make the capital revolt again next turn, there is no way to keep them in the STRIKE. So either we keep running the espy slider and keep making their capital revolt to keep them in a STRIKE or we go ahead and invade.
I think that the strike plan did not had the time to work as it was intended, but it still worked. Just remember that Merlot did not produced ANY soldier in the last like 20 turns, because they were forced to produce gold instead. So we actually are facing about 20-30 units less than we would have faced other way without the strike plan.

Yes, I landed our 16 rifles, 4 MGs and 6 cannons on the hill near their most north-west city (forgot the name right now and cant check my screenshots, neither upload them, as today I'm at the office again)

Then I railroaded hard our own territory to get all the reinforcements onboard in the already emptied galleons to be landed the very next turn to cover our possibly wounded by then stack and start taking Merlot cities.

Lets see what CDZ will do.

I couldn't resist taking a peek:mischief:. Our invasion landing went exactly as anticipated with one minor and heartbreaking:cry: exception.

One of our mighty, murderous, invincible Machine guns actually died!:eek:. "Widowmaker" finally fell to her death after slaughtering... wait for it... wait for it... TWENTY-EIGHT Merlot units all by her d@mn self.:lol:. Merlot has 5 Catapults, 10 Muskets, and not much else left besides a handfull of assorted weak units, which they obviously didn't use when they realized how pointless it was attacking our stack.:lmao:

What is sad is we still have one full strength 3FS MG on a Galleon capable of landing to cover our reinforcements next turn.:mwaha: I'm still pissed we lost Widowmaker though:mad:, I really didnt expect to lose any Machine Guns. Ah well, :rolleyes:at least we got a Great General out of it.

This should be quick. I dont think we should capture the cities, with our wounded. That would tip Sirius off that we are invading. Just go around and kill all their units for xp, then capture the cities once they cant counterattack. Or do you think its better to just go ahead and take their cities one by one and try to hold them against the 5 remaining Cats?

So, some good 700 years later, we set sail to invade MHI again. This time I hope we will go without nasty surprises :)

I've landed our 27 initial units on the hill near The Bath. We count on our 4 highly First Strike promoted Machine Guns to absorb most of the damage and kills most of the enemies who dare to attack us.

I've railroaded heavy to get our other units on the board to be able to land the very next turn to protect the eventually wounded units from the first group.

Here is what we have:

and what Merlots have:

Here is the whole picture when it comes to Power:

Now, I am going to log in as the turn is just rolled and see what tomorrow brings us - how our guys and girls fared on enemy territory.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 268
  • Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 343
  • Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 279
Ahhh, Captain! you got ahead of me :)

Well, let me take a look myself too :)

Yeah, The Widowmaker proved his name :)

So, I've put our wounded rifles and one cannon on the galleons, moved the other units 1 tile on the hills to the Castle and landed our second wave.

Did not took the empty city - really - why would we tell Sirius we are fighting?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0148.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0148.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Civ4ScreenShot0146.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0146.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 276
after slaughtering... wait for it... wait for it... TWENTY-EIGHT Merlot units all by her d@mn self

Now this, this made my day. Mind you, it has been a very good day for me with much laughter and joy and that really made me happy. I even chuckled to myself a little.
/me feels warm, fuzzy feelings inside of him.

How about we honour Widowmaker and name a city in her memory? :)

Jesus Widomaker would have had insane XP if it had not died.

We can take the city - Sirius will know what happened from the power graph.

Jesus Widomaker would have had insane XP if it had not died.
Yeah - maybe at least as Great General attached to it.

We can take the city - Sirius will know what happened from the power graph.
Right, I was thinking the same last time, but I decided to still not take it, as it leaves some doors for doubts about what is going on and what exactly happens there.

Q gave us Milit Sci and I asked CDZ for Combustion. Sirius gave us Sci Meth. I took it even though it will obsolete Parthenon 1 turn before we finish it :(, because we might not get another such offer, and we need to see the Oil. We have 1 source in Saber and Sirius has 3 (2 on Comet and 1 on Anjennida) CDZ has 2 sources on Troisland Quatonia has none. All home islands have 1 source of water based Oil (we cany get until plastics. We got lucky in a way, because we can control all the sources of Oil with spies, while no one can take ours because it is inside a Coastal city.

If we want, the path to victory seems to be taking all the landmasses with Oil and just denying the advanced weapons to our rivals.

So we have Only 3 turns of NAP left with Sirius. I am thinking we must start taking the Merlot cities now.

Merlot used up the rest of their Catapults on us. Im not sure why:dunno: Of course our MG Toxaris Sangheeta killed them all. They moved the last one into Bath to defend it. We have just enough men to take and hold both the Castle and the Bath this turn. To do this, we must kill the cat in Bath with a Cavalry, then move the MG next to the city into the city to hold it. Merlot has a few units in dungeon but nowhere near enough to kill an MG.

Next we Attack Castle with Cannons and then easily kill their 16 units with our 16 units. Then we move an MG into the Castle. We might have to spend next turn healing in the Castle before advancing, but this should all be over in about 5-6 turns.

I set all our cities to build wealth so we can start saving up for a rush to Medicine. If you think this is not good General you can change them back of course:)

Go team! Hi guys! I am still here, lurking in the dark :)

If we want, the path to victory seems to be taking all the landmasses with Oil and just denying the advanced weapons to our rivals.
Exactly my type of plan. :thumbsup:

Merlot used up the rest of their Catapults on us. Im not sure why
Out of desperation. This guy Slaze appears to have nerves of steel.

We have just enough men to take and hold both the Castle and the Bath this turn. To do this, we must kill the cat in Bath with a Cavalry, then move the MG next to the city into the city to hold it. Merlot has a few units in dungeon but nowhere near enough to kill an MG.
Yeah, that MG I landed lately will come handy there.

Next we Attack Castle with Cannons and then easily kill their 16 units with our 16 units.
My luck with battles lately is awful, so I would not count on 16 of 16 kills. I do hope our galleons are close enough to return one and amphibiously take the Castle.

CDZ are just staying there, those sneaky Vikings...

So we have Only 3 turns of NAP left with Sirius.
We will have our first wave soldiers back in the center of Starland to protect us. I think Sirius will treat us as hostile if we did not renew the SAP.
One good thing is I scouted with our privateer north of Anjennida and I saw a Sirius frigate staying just in the same manner as our privateer - to watch our for sneaking sea raid parties. That they fear us attacking them there means that they dont plan to attack us from there :)

I set all our cities to build wealth so we can start saving up for a rush to Medicine.
Golden age anyone? Also I would like we to continue producing MGs in Otretta. Also we have to see what to do with the Great General.

Top Bottom