The Water Hole

Whow, that's some serious damage.

Does anyone know of an easy way to determine how many blue shields a city produces? Trying to count the red shields in cities like this is driving me nuts...

F1 screen has that, right?

Hi, I made a new entry for the saber story thread. Is it ok enough to put out there?

The first edition of
The People’s Voice

The Glorious Revolution

After thousands of years suffering under the cruel tyranny of the Senate and their special interest puppet masters the people have thrown off their chains of oppression! The new regime was swept into power in the hopes of equal distribution of wealth and equal opportunity for all. No more shall the wealthy land owners force the common man into abject poverty. The masses have spoken! Our new First Citizen, Chamnix, First Among Equals has taken upon his shoulders to be the guiding hand of this self governing citizenry. Comrade Calis of the Ministry of Defense is now reorganizing our reinvigorated officer corps now that certain trouble makers have been removed. Comrade Denyd of the Ministry of Wealth Distribution has reported the standard of living of citizens across the whole of the Lands of Saber has increased substantially bringing it to the forefront of all nations in the world of Meleet. Comrade Dutchfire of the Ministry of Public Information has personally overseen the opening of many new schools for the express purpose of educating and further enlightening the general population. “It is truly a great age we live in, to be truly free unlike our ancestors who suffered many years under a repressive republic.” Comrade Elear of the Ministry of Public Education has personally overseen the reeducation of many of our formerly misguided citizens using the most effective means available.

Sins of the Past: Still Haunting Us!

Sadly, under the former oppression of the cruel republic that held us hostage, we were falsely embroiled in a war with the nation of The Council. In the spirit of true cooperation among all people the ruling assembly has declared that all hostilities against The Council will now cease in hopes that we can come to at least a cease fire if not a true peace treaty. It is time for the workers of the world to stop killing each other at the behest of their capitalist masters! Comrade Calis has started the reorganization of our armed services into a proper defense force only for security and safety of our population.

A Gift For You, From You

Comrade Marsden of the Ministry of Wealth Distribution reports that every wage earner in the Lands of Saber shall henceforth receive in their paychecks a substantial increase! Estimated to be anywhere from $13 to $20 per payment. The governing assembly has repealed the repressive tax that assailed our people allowing a great increase in the spending power of our population to allow our economy to flourish and substantially increasing revenues allowing more tax cuts. So go hit those stores, and fulfill your patriotic duty. Comrade Marsden exclaimed "When the going gets tough the tough go shopping!"

Spoiler :
This paper is solely created to enlighten the population to the wonderful new system of government they have now and also to disseminate pertinent information to all. This paper is printed with the sanction of The Land of Saber ruling assembly by Comrade Marsden. Comrade Marsden makes no claim other than the paper is the most wonderful in the world and will actually make you healthier and happier if you read it and cherish its words.

I believe that would be the World of Meleet. But I could be wrong.

Thanks for the inclusion, but please strike the blurb about Comrade Cyc. Thanks again.

Looks great! You might want to wait for a reply from the Council though. Perhaps we can add a nice propaganda poster (just cut of the bottom part).

Or maybe just try this one? Figured I would go with Russian spelling of SABER. I can change that if you'd like.

I agree with waiting until we know what the Council is doing.

Attachments

• propaganda-poster1.jpg
    propaganda-poster1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 451
I didn't think it would matter because if they agree to peace then it was our idea and if the don't agree they are the evil agressor.

I'm not sure about the whole peace with Council section - we should be a little careful in what impression we give to team FREE, especially if Council turns peace down.

I'm not sure about the whole peace with Council section - we should be a little careful in what impression we give to team FREE, especially if Council turns peace down.

I agree, best to keep that part "quieter".

Comrade Elear of the Ministry of Public Education has personally overseen the reeducation of many of our formerly misguided citizens using the most effective means available.

This is terribly ironic. :lol: It would take too long to explain why, but thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Regarding my running event, I did the 8,9 km in 42:36, that's 12,54 km/h average, which is quite good in my opinion. I ended #153 in my part of the race (out of ~330), I had hoped to place a little higher. Our team ended #55 overall which is pretty good since there are a lot of real sports/athletics clubs participating, and we're just a bunch of random physicists with little to no training.

The area I had to run through was pretty boring though, Calis. Long stretches of bicycle paths and agricultural roads, hardly any streetlights, nothing to see but grass everywhere you look :yawn:.

Team Saber played 5 turns in May, 4 turns in June, 3 in July, and 2 in August. Anyone care to make a prediction for September?

Top Bottom