The West

Norseone

Emperor
How does the function of "the west" change in the multi polar world we are entering? Should the west stick together or go their own? Will Russia ever join the west? Is Japan an honorary western country? How do you see the west changing in the future? Will it remain the most powerful bloc? Will it fall? any ideas?

The west SHOULD stick together.. about Russia, it wouldn't hurt to have them on our side. :p

the world should stick together.

How does the function of "the west" change in the multi polar world we are entering? Should the west stick together or go their own? Will Russia ever join the west? Is Japan an honorary western country? How do you see the west changing in the future? Will it remain the most powerful bloc? Will it fall? any ideas?

"The West" is just the name given to the group of states being run according with liberal policies. It's not bound by geography, and it's power depends solely on how attractive those policies can be to people in the "West" or elsewhere.

I think that all countries should go together but that is not possible. The western countries will try to stick together but it won't work for long.

It looks to me as a remnant of the Cold war, and even then it was a eurocentric term, because it ment positions of rivals in Europe. For instance, Japan (cap.) is eastern than China (com.).

Russia won't join the west. They don't want to play fifth, sixth, seventh, or eighth fiddle in this world.

They have more to gain commiserating with the likes of Iran, Syria, North Korea, and China.

Russia won't join the west. They don't want to play fifth, sixth, seventh, or eighth fiddle in this world.

They have more to gain commiserating with the likes of Iran, Syria, North Korea, and China.

:lol: I like how you throw china in there. it totally marginalizes the power china has, and the way it is actually integrated with west unlike the other 3 countries you mention.

The west should have a big union and one currency.

N & S America - Caribbean - E.U. - Australia - New Zealand - and others

Then no one would be able to stop us MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We are still far from a multi-polar world.

I tend to think of the West as countries settled predominantly by Western Europeans which incidentally have good economies and liberal democracies. Japan has (I believe) a good economy (are there questions about their banking sector or something though??) and a liberal democracy but I wouldn't call them Western but rather Eastern. Eastern doesn't mean backward. ;)

I tend to think of the West as countries settled predominantly by Western Europeans which incidentally have good economies and liberal democracies. Japan has (I believe) a good economy (are there questions about their banking sector or something though??) and a liberal democracy but I wouldn't call them Western but rather Eastern. Eastern doesn't mean backward. ;)

Oh I never said it did...its just Japan is so close to us, I wanted some opinions.

The "west" is just a style of living/governing. Much like the "west coast offense" is just a strategy in American football.

Top Bottom