The Wine Merchants Guild.

classical_hero

In whom I trust
We are The Wine Merchant's Guild, aka, Drunkards society.

The reason for this is that all we want to do with the plentiful grapes is to got drunk and get even more drunk. The thing is that, we have heard some sorry non drunk nation is trying to steal our wines. It is imperitive that we get the wines so that we can trade it to other nations for other luxurious items, such as gems for us to give to our mistresses, or if we are really desperate, to our wives. We forget which one is which because we are so drunk. Anyone want to join this fine establishment. Any competitions are for the sole purpose of getting even more drunk, or should that be drunkerer. The more members we get the better.

Current Members
Classical_Hero
Provolution
Stuck_as_a_Mac
YNCS
Gregski
blackheart
Nobody
Ali
Gulliver
Magnificent_Cow

Competitions

Proprieties
The Legitimate Busnessman's Social Club

As the Real Estate Holder of Western Camelotia and Eastern Provolutia, I simply have to sign up for this interest group as the present monopolist producer of the nation.

Trust an Aussie to establish the Drunkards Society Wine Merchant's Guild. CH, have you ever seen the Monty Python bit about Australian wines?

However, I will, nay, I MUST support Fanatannia's wine industry. Sign me up!

SAAM, wrong, you got the horticulture rights, to develop the fields, House of Provolution runs them. That is why you get 10 gold per wine developed , where I own the income per term.

Classical_hero,

I have been given the title of Royal Connoisseur of the Fanatannian Realm and as such believe that I have to be a member. Can you sign me up please? This is especially important, as I have indicated my booze oriented character for this demogame and it would be a real shame to end it so quickly. Incidentally, if such a thing is required, the official two letter abbreviation of my name is GX.

[offtopic]
classical_hero said:
@YNCS. No I have not seen the Monty Python bit.
A lot of people in this country pooh-pooh Australian table wines. This is a pity as many fine Australian wines appeal not only to the Australian palate but also to the cognoscenti of Great Britain.

Black Stump Bordeaux is rightly praised as a peppermint flavoured Burgundy, whilst a good Sydney Syrup can rank with any of the world's best sugary wines. Château Blue, too, has won many prizes; not least for its taste, and its lingering afterburn.

Old Smokey 1968 has been compared favourably to a Welsh claret, whilst the Australian Wino Society thoroughly recommends a 1970 Coq du Rod Laver, which, believe me, has a kick on it like a mule: 8 bottles of this and you're really finished. At the opening of the Sydney Bridge Club, they were fishing them out of the main sewers every half an hour.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is Perth Pink. This is a bottle with a message in it, and the message is 'beware'. This is not a wine for drinking, this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

Another good fighting wine is Melbourne Old-and-Yellow, which is particularly heavy and should be used only for hand-to-hand combat.

Quite the reverse is true of Château Chunder, which is an appellation contrôlée, specially grown for those keen on regurgitation; a fine wine which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Real emetic fans will also go for a Hobart Muddy, and a prize winning Cueve Reserve Château Bottled Nuit San Wagga Wagga, which has a bouquet like an aborigine's armpit.​

I believe I've had one or two of those wines. I seem to remember the Château Didjabringabeeralong, which tasted even better coming back up.

Im in to, since most of the members are all freinds of ours this should be named the Gencopura Wine coperation (similar to the gencopura oliveoil) of Saamoprova wine

Hey, the dutch have a ton of wine, perhaps we should push for war against them.

I as well would like to be a member of this admirable institution.

Top Bottom