The Wire v The Sopranos

What is the better tv show?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nobody

Gangster
What is the better show?

Iv only seen a little bit of the Wire but it seems great.
The Sopranos is my favorite TV show.

What do you think is better and why?

what's the wire? I seen it referenced in another thread. Yes I can look on wiki, but I'd like to know if its any good.

I like both of them but I think the Sopranos is easier to get into because The Wire has a very complex plotline. Also the whole family element of the Sopranos makes it easier to relate to, because in a lot of ways they're like an ordinary American family.

tried to watch The Wire two or three times. was underwhelmed every time (mind you, I did not manage to get through half a season either time so my knowledge is fairly limited) . I know I am in the minority here but it just did not resonate with me. I very much liked the premise of The Sopranos and thought it was a very decent show for the first 2-3 seasons.

The first half of The Wire's first season is standard cop show stuff. Then it explodes from there. Great, great show.

When I watched The Wire, the lack of traditional narratives or any semblance of cop show convention left me scared and confused. I struggled through a few episodes desperately trying to figure out who I was being told to root for. Eventually I gave up and retreated to the comfortable and familiar embrace of The Bill.

When I watched The Wire, the lack of traditional narratives or any semblance of cop show convention left me scared and confused. I struggled through a few episodes desperately trying to figure out who I was being told to root for. Eventually I gave up and retreated to the comfortable and familiar embrace of The Bill.

It isn't really a cop show. You're not supposed to root for anyone, except maybe McNulty.

It's not a traditional show, which is why people have a hard time figuring "how to take it in". But once you do figure out how to take it in, it will blow your mind.

It isn't really a cop show. You're not supposed to root for anyone, except maybe McNulty.

It's not a traditional show, which is why people have a hard time figuring "how to take it in". But once you do figure out how to take it in, it will blow your mind.

Even McNulty is really an introductory character at best. It's an ensemble procedural that goes through an entire city--think of the love child of Dickens and Harlan Ellison.

Top Bottom