"The world considers you a villain!" bug?

Steamwerks

Warlord
In my current game I've recently invaded Babylon, planning for 1 AP defy in order to capture the most important cities and vassalize. The latter was timed to take place on the same turn the next resolution rolled around (on which I voted yes), and in this sense the plan was successful. However, although the hammers returned to my religious buildings as expected, the unhappiness remained in most of my settlements, with the exception of my first (capital) and second largest cities.

Is this a bug, or are there other factors at play here? The settings are normal/standard/deity/continents in case that helps.

yeah, you definitely lose the AP hammers when you are a villain (a fairly hefty penalty in its own right, worth 2-8 base hammers per city depending on how many of the buildings you have). I too have noticed the anger sticking around when it shouldn't.

Ok, I just noticed that the cities which successfully had the villain penalty removed are the only ones with Islam in addition to the AP religion of Buddhism. So, is this to be expected? Hammer benefits return without exception, but the villain penalty lingers in the event that the city has no religion other than the AP religion, even after voting yes on a resolution? Talk about some arcane mechanics! :crazyeye:

I believe the presence of other religions reduce the villain timer.

Top Bottom