The World vs. Gandhi

SirPainsalot

Chieftain
Hey, I have recently gotten Civ Rev (PS3) and I LOVE the game. I've been trying to get a decent online game... I haven't completed a single one. PSN is pretty much my username.
Introduction aside, one of my latest games was completely absurd...
Now, of course, we all know that the AI in this game is way too aggressive... But the last game I just played on was just stupid...
I was Genghis Khan on Warlord difficulty. I had pretty much DOMINATED the entire world; Mao, Elizabeth, and Saladin were all eliminated. I had 18 cities in my empire, so I decided to search for the last civ.
After a rather long time searching, I finally found Gandhi on his lonely little island with 2 cities. He had garnered only 9 techs (compared to my 40 techs), 2 economic milestone, and one culture. I decided to get a rare Cultural victory for the Mongols, so I made peace with him.
Another two turns later...
Gandhi actually asked me to give him techs for peace. Gunpowder and Advanced Flight.
Wait... What?
Yeah... I rejected for war.
I decided to nuke his second city while switching to Despotism for the lulz after bombing his second city with my bombers. Of course, I left his first city as is. After he asked for peace a few turns later, he decides to threaten me by giving him my newly found tech Mass Media. I say no, so he calls my civ "insignificant"... Wow.
I eventually went on to win a Cultural Victory but wow... Anyone care to explain this?

Who knows what the AI uses for decision logic. It may be partially based on the information available to the AI. So if the AI is restricted to a single island, it doesn't "know" how many cities you have.

I typically ignore all threats. I will only appease them if the AI has caught me unprepared. Even after they have declared war, it doesn't hurt to check back every so often. Sometimes they will simply ask for peace.

Also the AI will typically declare war when you are close to winning. (Although often it is too late to prevent it.)

Top Bottom