The worst start you have EVER had?

I've had starts where it look like I've got a nice line of coast tiles leading to a sea, but it's blocked off by ice which is always annoying!

I usually just carry on and let it be a challenge for me :)

I had one like that, except it was all flat tundra. Egypt's no trees bias... Ice is flat!

My buddy and me were playing a co-op multiplayer game on lakes map and I randomed Venice with a 2 tile "ocean"

worst start?

THE BEST tiles u get, with 5 salt 2 mountains deers etc etc
on immortal/deity
only to find that ur neighbours who are a few tiles away, are shaka, atilla dido and isabella.

they covet your lands!

I've had a similar start to this where I continued with it and took the dance of the aurora pantheon in gnk. However, I went broke quick because I built so many ships. I had an Alaska start.

Is that on nonstandard map settings? I don't remember seeing deer spawn on hills unless they also had forests.

Oh my God, those are tragic...

Or:
england, heavy jungle map, everywhere jungle, go to hell with movement, building improvements, sight, fighting barbarians and so on :/

It makes sense though, jungles and tundra and barren (non floodplain) deserts were not very good for civilisations :p

lol. There needs to be a civ (possibly Inuit) that can work useless ice/snow tiles! Get on it, Firaxis!

Thing is, that would be the same as a civ with a grassland start bias with no UA... Make it the Elder Thing/Shoggoth civilization!

Hey, you got river and mountain.... the best combo, right? And who knows what treasures are lurking in the shadows?

Love how it's a river mountain hill, but still one of the worst starts i have ever seen.

Once had an arctic island start. I think there were only 10 snow tiles, two hills, and one short river. I was Japan :suicide:

Review this one :D

Spoiler :

Tundra. No hills. No sea resources. Swamps. Ivory. Barren wastelands everywhere. No other luxury resources, and of course no natural wonders for Spain. Fortunately I launched this game only to test few mods :p

There was one I posted earlier where I had an awesome start... silver, pearls, fish, etc. etc, and seems to be isolated...
...only to find that those are the only resources within 20 tiles of my capital. GG.

Top Bottom