the worst war story

Raven1er

Kevin
Arent there any days where you get angry because you are located on a remote island or a small peninsula with the enemy civ right next to you?
it happened to me. I started out as aztecs and started in this tiny peninsula. i only expanded once, because the iroquois had settled in a big chunka land. I started war, and the war went from jaguar warriors to modern armors, and only 4 wonders in my area.
eventually, i couldnt expand anymore, had no money, and gave in. i moved all my defending units away from my cities and abandoned my capital city. If you were playing my game, you wouldve done the same thing

Originally posted by Raven1er
Arent there any days where you get angry because you are located on a remote island or a small peninsula with the enemy civ right next to you?
it happened to me. I started out as aztecs and started in this tiny peninsula. i only expanded once, because the iroquois had settled in a big chunka land. I started war, and the war went from jaguar warriors to modern armors, and only 4 wonders in my area.
eventually, i couldnt expand anymore, had no money, and gave in. i moved all my defending units away from my cities and abandoned my capital city. If you were playing my game, you wouldve done the same thing

In my game we both gave up after a good fight into the middle ages. Then, we contacted two civs. Each civ allied with anorther and it started again. This time I had the oppenent overrun; however I fell behind in by six to seven techs. This over one stupid Island and a horse resourse. He built a city next to it after the second war. Stupid small islands.

Originally posted by Raven1er
lol
Hey, should I remind you whp the deputy is here?

Didn't think so.;)

I haven't had any worst wars, but the closest came in Civ2 when I was playing India. It turned into an Indian-Viking cold war. :)

Yeah same here, the worst wars I've had was in civ2. One I remember was a Roman - Mongol war (I was roman) that lasted nearly the entire game, up until I launched the spaceship. There were a few 'cease-fires', and I could never seem to get any kind of advantage over them.

Heres my worst war its civ2 on earth map:I was the Americans,at war whith the siouq for 3 thpousand years and i was winning when the Emglish landed and declared war on me THE NERVE i thought.Then 5 battleships were outside washington I tried to negotiate but they were pissed and when they got cantact with sioqs and bam allied then the french attacked me arggg.Then i got flight i took the siouq in 5 turns and destroyed any english or french battleships.Things turened around when i took all siouq cities then the English landed 5 tank squadrens on the yuckatan penninsula.They hit me quickly and took 4 cities in 2 turns.I only had 12 left.Then a wave of bommers attacked they took 5 more cities then i tryied an offensive and only killed one unit!Then the English made an offensive took the rest of my cities :cry:

Civ2,
Poor you :(
I feel your pain
Raven1er,
You are persistent! Do you know where the quit button is?

be carefful of Melian she can be a $#$!$

I was stuck with the Americans between the Aztecs and the Sioux, who were at war with each other. What could I do against the millions of trespassing Aztec jaguar warriors and the Sioux riders without such resources as Iron or Horses? After a while it all cleared up thanks to a great number of bowmen guarding the borders in forts, and of course culture to let the Aztecs know who had the better civ.

God thing rarely go my way. Maybe its bad luck, maybe its inexpierienced skills. But I STILL rarely able to pull off a good game WITHOUT cheats. And even then I have too expand quickly. Once I was stuck on this good enough size coninent with a good mixed of terrain with the Aztecs. But there wasnt ONE SINGLE stratigic or luxury(maybe bonus I cant remember and I cant check as I have deleted the game with disgust) were on the ENITRE contenent(which I had decided too call the continent of nothingness) I was only able too secure 1 reasource in the WHOLE GAME! A rubber on another continent! when I got it I had too use airports(yes I was cheating) too get it back home. And soon my colony was surronded by rival civs cities. I quit after 1500 AD(Or sometime like that).

I also had a very very bad war. I was playing as the Polish (changed the name from the Russians) in Civ2. I had a giant empire under a prosperous, intelligent, and quite peaceful Democracy. :goodjob: THen i made the mistake of planting + detonating a nuclear bomb w/ a spy in the French city on my core continent :nuke: (i was @ peace w/ them, i was just a beginner @ the whole game, and i jsut wanted them off my property!!!). This, as u already know, caused all of the other 5 civs(i destroyed the Carthaginians @ the medieval ages) to declare war - thats 2 peace treaties and 3 alliances going 2 hell over a simple "terrorist" attack. :rolleyes: I hadnt had any wars since the very minor struggle w/ the French in the late 1700s over a piece of land that was lke a middle point between island and continent, which resulted in the current peace treaty and my colonization of that land :king: . The French attacked and occupied the western and northern cities of my core continent, while the rest of the civs partitioned my overseas empire. Within 11 turns, my capital was seized by the angry soldiers from Paris. It was literaly like a major, modern 5-power single-phase version of the Three Partitions of Poland! IT WAS JUST A LITTLE NUKE THAT EXPLODED AN ALREADY MINOR CITY IN 1989!!! :rolleyes: :mad:

I rarely get bad wars lasting thousands of years, because i'm a builder and believes in quick wars, if i'm loosing too much (half of my cities), 50% of the time i quit.

But there was a time when i was landed on a small island (big enough for 10? cities) with the Zulus only a few squres away. There was no horse on the island, only one iron and a couple, maybe 3 luxuies and the northern half was totally mountains and a few hills. They decleared war 'cos my warrior was a bit annoying. The war lasted for about 1500 years (?); the cities on the border was being occupied by me one day by zulus the next, the amazing thing was neither of us can beat the other. Then he found the russians and some other civs, got them in it as well. At the start the other civs had tech lead but as far as i remember we were all level on tech. The other civs had cease fires and cooling periods in between, but me and the Zulus were fighting non-stop.

At the best point I was attacking his capital was cavs, at the worst point he had 4, 5 , maybe more of my cities, (miracle i fought back really).

The game finally ended when my rubber deal with the russians gone bad, Zulus found Aluminium in their terra, i didn't have it. I quit after he took 8 of my cities, only had 7 cities over seas left.

My worst war? Well...

This is a series of wars, i am the persians, and china.
This is the same game as The End of The Zulu.
Every 500 years, i go to war with china. the bad thing is i waste all of these resorces and manpower on them, and i only rze 2`3 cities.
(My economy has a stock market crash right before the war.)

This is off-topic but my dad works for a surgical tool sensor company, here's his website if u want to...

http://www.verimetra.com

Oh yes. I just ended a PTW game. My most stressful. I was the Carthagians and got put between the Eygptians (North) and the Romans (South) on a good sized continent. I settle about one or two more cities more than Egypt and 2x more than Rome. Rome declares war on me and I lose two poorly defending border towns :mad:. I get Eygpt on my side and librate my cities, then capture a city and raze one. Peace is established and halfway through their walk back home, Egypt declares war on me:mad:! Our units battle each other to stalemate. Peace is redeclared. Time passes.....my Trade Advisor warns me that we lost our supply of (whatever), then, "The Romans declared war on us!" I rid the Earth of them, signed Eypgt into another alliance (but they just killed units, while I snagged cities :mischief: ) And then again , Egypt declares war on me! I conquer two border towns, but then I have HORRIBLE battle luck. A veteran cavalry attacks my conscript infantry on a mountain, across a river, and kills my draftee without taking any damage! Unless conscript reduces the effectiveness of a unit, my infantry should have 10*2+5= 25/31 chance to win each round, and I lost both. Anyways, they conquer one, and the other CF back. Finally, I kick them off and take their other islands, getting one leader out of 100's of elite battles. I rush the UN with it and hold elections.... 3 for me, 2 for Japan, 1 abstain. The next 4 for Japan, 2 for me! I lost because the freakin' Ottomans switched votes! Crappy battles and stress made this the worst war game I've played.

Top Bottom