The worth of cheese

How much would it take?

• Total voters
You should ask what kind of mustard they have, before asking for mustard. They probably have brown or dijon.

I did, after they brought out the "mustard". That's all they had, for some reason.

My complaint is mainly the fact that every other aspect of the experience was even just a littlebit "gourmet". The food, the way it was plated, the taste, the beer... but then that mustard. Why? Why would you bring out something so ghetto, if you wanted to focus on that gourmet-like dining experience?

I could not do this. For me, its not the cheese so much as it is butter. I could not live without butter.

Me and my roommate invented something awesome.

Well, not quite invented, because I'm sure it's been done before.. You cut up a bunch of potatoes, and wrap it up in tinfoil with a bunch of salt, pepper, and butter dispersed throughout. It doesn't even have to be clean, just dump a big chunk of butter in there and wrap 'er up. Throw on the bbq for 50-60 minutes, and you get amazing potatoes.

Me and my roommate invented something awesome.

Well, not quite invented, because I'm sure it's been done before.. You cut up a bunch of potatoes, and wrap it up in tinfoil with a bunch of salt, pepper, and butter dispersed throughout. It doesn't even have to be clean, just dump a big chunk of butter in there and wrap 'er up. Throw on the bbq for 50-60 minutes, and you get amazing potatoes.
Um. That's just broiling, isn't it? Or is it braising? I always get those two muddled.

Anyway, yeah. It's a nice technique. I'd put in a handful of mint as well. Bit of garlic, mebbe.

My roommate is a picky eater. His main philosophy when it comes to food is "If it works, why change it?"

So he only eats pepperoni pizzas, chicken fingers, and potatoes with salt and butter and nothing else.

The garlic is a good idea though, I will slip that stuff in when he ain't looking.

So he only eats pepperoni pizzas, chicken fingers, and potatoes with salt and butter and nothing else.

That's a crazy diet. Though I have seen worse.

I suppose he's a neophobe and doesn't like new experiences generally?

Poor fellow. He's really missing out on the kitchen front.

And pepperoni is inferior stuff, imo. At the moment, I'm really into all sorts of smoked and unsmoked salami sausages of various descriptions and origins.

But it's just a phase I'm going through. And it will pass. Eventually.

My roommate is a picky eater. His main philosophy when it comes to food is "If it works, why change it?"

The garlic is a good idea though, I will slip that stuff in when he ain't looking.
The probably is it isn't really "working" in the long term (probably he feels like crap in the short-term too but if just so used to it he doesn't notice, like a bad smell).

Wut.

I mean, even with an unhealthy diet, you should and can have a lot of variety...

The probably is it isn't really "working" in the long term (probably he feels like crap in the short-term too but if just so used to it he doesn't notice, like a bad smell).
It certainly seems very self-harming, though on the other hand through-out history people had to rely on very limited diets. What did the ancient Egyptian normal guy eat? I believe beans and bread and onions and that was about it.
And then different people are able to better or worse handle different diets. He might be a guy who - while still suffering for it - can handle it comparatively well. While others would feel so crappy so to not be able to every consistently have such a diet unless full of self-hatred or generally not giving a crap about a good life.

It certainly seems very self-harming, though on the other hand through-out history people had to rely on very limited diets. What did the ancient Egyptian normal guy eat? I believe beans and bread and onions and that was about it.
And then different people are able to better or worse handle different diets. He might be a guy who - while still suffering for it - can handle it comparatively well. While others would feel so crappy so to not be able to every consistently have such a diet unless full of self-hatred or generally not giving a crap about a good life.

I wouldn't say it's an incredibly harmful diet at all.

As long as you treat the potatoes right, you can virtually live on them alone. I think some butter with the potatoes is a very good idea (something about B12, maybe?).

So, with the chicken protein, the grain in the pizza dough and - I don't know what a pepperoni pizza consists of apart from bread and pepperoni - whatever trace items are on the pizza, I'd say he's doing not badly.

I'd be bored silly by it, though. I've just got to have my assorted salads every day. And sardines now and again. And fruit. And wholemeal bread. And oats. And... just a whole load of stuff.

I knew a woman used to survive on biscuits and oranges. And other people I've known have lived, apparently successfully, on some very bizarrely restricted diets. A lot of them have lasted a long time just on alcohol beverages of various descriptions.

My dad and his siblings lived on almost exclusively potatoes the first year they were in America, didn't seem to be too much a problem.

The issue, of course, isn't so much a restricted diet, but a restricted diet that is restricted to unhealthy food/food devoid in the stuff you need.

Wut.

I mean, even with an unhealthy diet, you should and can have a lot of variety...

He eats other things, like hotdogs, hamburgers with nothing except ketchup and cheese on them, chips.. but it's not really a very long list, and yeah, he doesn't eat may vegetables or anything like that, so I don't think it's too healthy.

Sounds like my ex-girlfriend. She had a set menu of about 10 different things she would it and that was IT. Nothing else. I was with her over two years and in that time I think I managed to get her to try maybe 5 things, 4 of which she actually liked. Can't stand people who are so stupidly fussy.

It was really embarrassing when we'd go out to eat together and she'd just get a bowl of chips or some lettuce. Really bad.

a million at least...I just can't imagine never being able to eat cheese again...I just like the stuff too much.

Top Bottom