The Zulus are real jerks.

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Bloodwing, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Bloodwing

Bloodwing Chieftain

My least favorite civilization, the Zulus, just attacked me again. Yeah, I gave them Gunpowder, 350 gold, and never provoked them, but they don't seem to think any of that is important. It's like they get tired of peace or something.

I'm just trying to build a peaceful empire, but that is impossible with these Zulus around. Maybe if they were only included if I chose something like 6 other civilizations to fight along with, but nope. I get to have them even with 2 other civilizations.

Anyway, anyone else think the Zulus are the most annoying civilization to play along with?

2. Tristan_C

Tristan_C Emperor

When I was a child, fortified Zulu phalanxes dotted my thoughts about growing up and leaving my parents. The phalanxes represented (I think) the onslaught of adulthood, the arrival of pressures into life which could perhaps be overcome, but only at the price of one's innocence and freedom from care. They were an alien darkness that thwarted all understanding. The loving favor shown towards children in human society is a mixed blessing to be sure: it seems almost crucial for engendering people with goodness in their later lives, but perhaps leaves them a tad fearful of the Zulu phalanxes that they must all, at every stage of adult life, face.

3. Bloodwing

Bloodwing Chieftain

Well, my thoughts aren't as poetic, but that's a good way to put it.

4. Theov

Theov Deity

Zulus and Russians. (Incas?)
    I don't know the numbers, but those are the most aggressive.

5. zygzak

zygzak Chieftain

^^I'm not surprised about Russians ;)
    But if You play Russian's on EARTH map it's the fastest way to conquer the world - they are starting in very good area (lot of land and rivers) with two settlers units.

6. Theov

Theov Deity

Yes, I either want Russia or something on the Americas continents and be left alone.

7. rhaul

rhaul Chieftain

for me the hardest are the Russians and then the Zulus

8. tupi

tupi Warlord

Zulus and Russians are both aggressive, but they are balanced well (also Mongols). I mentioned, Russians, Zulus or Mongols almost every game (if my civilization was weak) was leading civ. But I maybe hate Greeks. They are TOO aggressive and militaristic and they lose after all (it resembles real Alexander, right?) They have no techs, money or big cities, but chariot on every square. This gay-looking Alexander plays this game in my style! It looks like the game laughs at me!

9. Radyserb

Radyserb Chieftain

Play with the Babylonians, then there aren't any Zulu ;)

10. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

No. The REAL jerks are the barbs. In my first (and current) game of Free Civ, the barbs took two of my cities, and are still trying to take my capital! Help please!

11. kelevra_slevin

kelevra_slevin Chieftain

No one is hard... just attack first if you can.

Other civilizations (excepted for Indians and a few others) always goes at war with you, so, don't let them grow! :-D

12. dansun

dansun Chieftain

...what about the Chinese? Everytime I play with the Germans, they attack me. :(