1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Theming

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by maddskillz, Apr 14, 2016.

1. maddskillz

maddskillz Lord Skillz The Angry One

I couldn't be more confused about how to do this. I understand how to get to the screen and all, I understand the concept matching country with period.

BUT IT DOES NOT WORK for me. I tried putting three Moroccan artifacts (all same period and country) together and get no bonus. I don't understand this, can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

2. donkeyfish

donkeyfish Warlord

Maybe you need Art, which is different than Artifact.

The picky tourists gets angry if they show up at the Uffizi Gallery and are shown stone-age pots from rural Morocco.

3. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

1. You don't always want the same country and period, sometimes you actually want them to be different country-same period or same country-different period or both different, etc.

2. Art+Artifacts are different for theming (Uffizi and Hermitage..which have 3 slots only give theming bonus for Art, Sistine needs Art too, Louvre needs 2 Art 2 Artifact, Museums do best with 2 Art OR 2 Artifact)

4. KingKong76

KingKong76 Warlord

Are you sure they were asking for same era and same civ?
    Are you alson sure what you put were art or you might have fill one slot with an artifact?

5. aafritz17

aafritz17 Prince Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

Hover over the "+0" for theming bonus, it will tell the combination required for that particular Wonder

6. Primacide

Primacide Settler

Just FYI: uffizi is the only themed wonder that uses three art from the same era and civ. If it's not uffizi you're asking about, then that's the problem.