There are six Civ VI DLCs for sale on Steam right now (not R & F). What are the best ones?

I love Persia but I dislike playing Macedon (too one dimensional), and I loath Alexander. I want to smash in his face every time he complains.

...And coming down the home stretch we have Indonesia / Khmer and Macedon / Persia side by side as we approach the Finnish/Swedish line

AND IT'S....

Indonesia/Khmer by a nose... :woohoo:

Hang on, we're going to have get the judges ruling on this... :old:

It appears as though Indonesia / Khmer has tested positive for performance enchanting drugs. :run:[pissed] :aargh:

If I am gonna rank the DLC's based on my favorite, here are the rankings:
1. Khmer and Indonesia
2. Australia
3. Nubia
4. Persia and Macedon
5. Poland
6. Vikings

This is very close to my list. I would only switch your 1 and 2. And I'll probably never buy Vikings...
Ironically, as time passes, the Viking one seems more and more appealing to me. I find I want the new natural wonders and new city states more than I want new civs - particularly if the civs are blatantly overpowered. Still waiting for it to go on sale before buying, however.

Anyway, the only one I've bought so far is the Khmer/Indonesia one, because ... Khmer and Angkor Wat. :love: I actually don't think the DLC was particularly great, I think Khmer is a pretty poorly designed civ in the game - fortunately, Sukritact made a mod that re-designs them and make them much more coherent.

Last edited:
I think Persia/Macedon has the bonus of having two really nice wonders that you might want to build often.

...well ladies and gentlemen, we're still waiting on a ruling from the judges :old::old:

Well. it appears that Indonesia/Khmer has been injecting Sukritact, so now we have to wonder about Persian Mastodons.

World wonder that is...:rotfl:

My vote is for Persia/Macedon. They have the better agendas imo.

Jay (Khmer) likes people who have lots of holy sites and city population and Gitarja (Indonesia) likes people who live on large landmasses. meh.

Cyrus likes people who declare surprise wars, and Alexander just likes warmongers altogether.

In my signature I have reviews for all of them bar Poland/Vikings DLC which might help you with your decision

I disagree, @Sagax . The Vikings DLC has the best scenario, offers several excellent city states, and three natural wonders with cool bonuses. While that may not be worth a civ to you, it greatly surpasses the value of the WotAW DLC from V, which was generally considered acceptable. I personally got more value out of it so far than out of the Poland DLC (which perhaps has more to do with my dislike out their civ design in terms of gameplay than a problem with the civ itself). That may be subjctive, but I definitely wouldn't call it something to avoid, period- especially if someone can get a discount for it at some point.

I agree. If I were only buying two, I wouldn't buy Vikings. But it does add considerable replayability value with the city-states and natural wonders. I do not regret buying it.

Alright, enough of the horse race announcer...:deadhorse:

I'm probably gonna do Khmer and Persia first (simultaneously). I'll play those out for about two or three weeks and then get the other four (including the Vikings) at the same time. They should last for the rest of the time until February 8 arrives.

I've already bought R&F, and the wait is killing me.

Hopefully, these should keep me occupied until then.

Top Bottom