There is a specific icon type in game i can't get my hands on

Shiroifushicho

Chieftain
Hello fellows,

I was having fun creating new building for my next mod in civ6.
While everything is working fine, there is one thing that was messy and out of my understanding.

I did myself 2 art for these buildings. Put them in .dds (DTX5 + alpha + mimaps) in an art folder.
I heard that the game do all the resize work on its own to put them in different sizes so i didn't bother with that at first.

My mod is now working at 99%. I can see my icons everywhere (civilopedia, production queue, city panel, and the active production you can see on a city when u travel above it)
soo what's not working ??
The fact that last case, when your building production progress, there is some kind of production filling effect. The tiny icon (might be a 32/32pix i think) is getting from shadow to a bright. The "bright" side one is not working for me ... instead the game take a random building to fill it, resulting an ugly "halfmybuilding-halfthatotherbuildingnotrelated" icon.
It's kinda annoying for game immersion, i saw many other modders that have this same problem (you won't help just me it seems : p)
Take a look at my screenshot to see what's up & wrong.

Can someone tell me what this is about / how can i fix it ?

Because i can't find any other icon definition that point toward that specific situation.
I thought there was may be an additionnal work to do with 32/32 icons ... but i found nothing.
Thought it was _FOW icons i had to add, but i did them and it didn't change anything.
Then i thought there was somekind of line somewhere that would point toward other icon i am not aware of, but game's code doesn't seem to talk about that anywhere ... i only see the 256 to 32 pix icons in Icons_buildings.xml (Base>assets>UI>Icons) and that's it.

Very much thank you~

Attachments

• 2018-07-31.png
    2018-07-31.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 281
okay if anyone wonder the same thing, i found the solution ... like 3 days after, turning me into a mad, aggresive and tired person (lol kiddin ... well just a little)
So ! in your icon definition xml file, you have to make sure you have all kind of sizing + FOW references + ofc pointing out an existing texture.
I still don't know where the game is taking that progress icon texture from (i think either size 50 or 80) but ... it's working for me now.

exemple for a building named YOURBUILDING (with a one texture dds file).

<IconTextureAtlases>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING" IconSize="256" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding256.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING" IconSize="128" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding128.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING" IconSize="80" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding80.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING" IconSize="50" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding50.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING" IconSize="32" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding32.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING_FOW" IconSize="256" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding256.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING_FOW" IconSize="128" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding128.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING_FOW" IconSize="80" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding80.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING_FOW" IconSize="50" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding50.dds"/>
<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING_FOW" IconSize="32" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="RABB_Yourbuilding32.dds"/>
</IconTextureAtlases>
<IconDefinitions>
<Row Name="ICON_YOURBUILDING" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING" Index="0"/>
<Row Name="ICON_YOURBUILDING" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_YOURBUILDING_FOW" Index="0"/>
</IconDefinitions>

by doing that, you assure that the game won't work with only the biggest file definition. There will be many benefits :
- The game resizing process sucks hard time, doing it yourself on photoshop from your biggest texture will always be far better !!!!
- They will be displayed everywhere like ... everywhere. There might be some game exclusive fonction that work from a specific size, for ex 50 (in my case) or 32. If game don't find this, the icon will be randomized and you won't like that at all.
- Probably some other glitch i was not aware of

SO ! CONCLUSION LADIES & GENTLEMEN ... DON'T BE LAZY LIKE I WAS !

What i still don't know is how to make FOW work. As you can see in my exemple, FOW's refer to the same dds as regular. That's because when i did make the each FOW dds with faded blue effect (remember not lazy !) there were some bugs i could not understand in production panel. My hypothesis is that there is some code to type somewhere else to make this work (so far didn't find it). When they pointing the same texture like in my exemple, you won't have FOW's effect, but at least it's working and referenced everywhere in game, no glitch. You only risk a clear icon where usually a faded one would appear and for buildings ones ... it's a small, very small, almost non-noticeable/invisible issue.

Cheers everyone ! Hope i helped and have fun making new buildings !

Top Bottom