There is a way to adjust the min distance between cities, right?

Greizer85

Emperor
...right? With the current files, more specifically within a custom made map file? I just want to make sure before I throw away any more hours making my map. With a 3 hex min distance, Spain, Italy, etc, can only hold one city, which is bad, in a, well, getting-your-balls-stung-by-giant-medusas kind of way. Bad, mm'kay? :cool:

Spoiler :

I made my own little mod with the ModBuddy thing, which changed several things including increasing the min distance from 2 to 3. I don't see any reason you can't change it from 3 back to 2 in the same way. Or if you don't want to use ModBuddy you could just change the XML files but then it isn't so easy to turn on and off.

...But then my map will become a mod, which isn't something that I want. Oh well - as long as it doesn't conflict with other mods, I guess it's fine.

---I just remembered that the VisualStudio thingy that is needed for ModBuddy to work won't install on my comp come hell or high water. :mad: I guess I could see if my laptop is more receptive to it; I just hope I won't have to actually open up my map on it because it would probably crash instantly (my laptop is several years old, and not the newest model even when I bought it).

Anyway, thanks for the help, and may you never encounter giant jellyfish! :goodjob:

I don't think you need ModBuddy at all. I think you can just set it in the .xml with a text editor. I could be wrong, but you might look into it.

My map is meant for others to download, so XML edits won't help. I'm not going to play on it myself, other than to test it. I already know from making maps for Civ 3 and 4 that after making a map you're so sick of it that you can't play on it more than a few times. All you can think of when playing is "damn, maybe Greenland is a few hexes too wide on this side!", "Should France have aluminum at the start after all?", etc etc. :lol:

Besides - in its current state, playing Civ 5 is for me a frustrating waste of time (when it doesn't crash, that is). I couldn't resist making the map, though - it's a real pleasure to use hexes instead of those boxy squares! Of course, it would be ever greater if the game didn't randomize the small 'bulges' of the coastline every time you load the map - but you can't have everything (and much less if Firaxis is in any way involved). :p

Top Bottom