there is this bug on collaborative mp and city state

Karmah

Emperor
Supporter
It's very minor ,but still pretty annoying when you are used to the normal mechanics.

When I play a collaborative game with my wife ,2v2v2v2 style, if you discover a city-state first you don't get any envoy. Not hard to guess why. Since you are allied from the start you share vision , since you share vision when the game checks wether you are the only one discovering it , it finds out there is someone else. :facepalm:

So yeah , while I don't expect much support from the forum because I have this impression that most of you are lone players , my primary use of civs a leisure option is to share a game with my wife when the kids leaves us some time in the week-end. Yet I'd like my start with scout to have its full meaning. It's already quite a challenge to explore faster than teams of immortal AIs.

Regardless , it would be a QOL I'd appreciate to have it fixed (whatever they decide , either the one who discover gets an envoy -the most logical but maybe slightly more costly for the programmers- or give it to both -not very logical but better than nothing).

Also I think they must be quite some other couple in our situation , even so this might be a relatively 'silent' audience.

I often encounter this problem when playing with friends too.

"So yeah , while I don't expect much support from the forum because I have this impression that most of you are lone players"

Well, no. You shouldn't expect much because, frankly, what's there to do? Unless a modder comes along, we can just complain about it. But you've said everything there is to be said, no?

What you could still do is add the suggestion for the fix in the mod request section : )

I often encounter this problem when playing with friends too.

"So yeah , while I don't expect much support from the forum because I have this impression that most of you are lone players"

Well, no. You shouldn't expect much because, frankly, what's there to do? Unless a modder comes along, we can just complain about it. But you've said everything there is to be said, no?

What you could still do is add the suggestion for the fix in the mod request section : )

Hum if that's moddable ,I might try yo do it myself , brilliant suggestion, thx.

You can disable shared visibility though!
Anyway, it's the same problem with circumnavigation and the 5 history score points...

Regardless , it would be a QOL I'd appreciate to have it fixed
What you could still do is add the suggestion for the fix in the mod request section
As you should rightly have an envoy (only the finding civ) a workaround is to use firetuner to give you an envoy which youthen must immediately place with that CS, easy enough and while not ideal is an option depending on annoyance level.

Top Bottom