There ought to be a solar powered civ, after Hundreds of years of Global Warming

s0nny80y

Emperor
I like to think tar sands and alaskan oil might be better off used to stave off the likely event of ice age after global warming takes place.

With that said, don't you think there might be a civ who relied on solar energy technology after surviving hundreds of years of global warming?

Well, humanity has the technology for fusion reactors in BE - my guess is that these are vastly superior to solar power.

Well, humanity has the technology for fusion reactors in BE - my guess is that these are vastly superior to solar power.

Sure they do, but that technology could emerge and branch off a base tech of solar power as well.

Making it unique to a civ seems dumb. If it's a worthwhile source of power, everyone would be using it.

You wouldn't put a civ into civ 5 whose unique power is that they know how to burn oil for power.

Making it unique to a civ seems dumb. If it's a worthwhile source of power, everyone would be using it.

You wouldn't put a civ into civ 5 whose unique power is that they know how to burn oil for power.

To imagine starting cities probably using solar power implicitly is probably better left to imagination when you play the game, but devalues my $35.

To build an intergalactic ship and not be able to construct some sort of orbital magnifying glass or solar collector and beam back the energy to the chosen planet of colonization seems a bit hap hazard.

Only a Supremacist could live in the center of a Star. Or many. And optimize use of energy.

Col. Santiago said:
I have often been asked: if we have traveled between the stars, why can we not launch the simplest of orbital probes? These fools fail to understand the difficulty of finding the appropriate materials on this Planet, of developing adequate power supplies, and creating the infrastructure necessary to support such an effort. In short, we have struggled under the limitations of a colonial society on a virgin planet. Until now.

Or, in other words: All that stuff is certainly possible (those energy boosting satellites are in). Still, it is probably way easier lore-wise to "just" use fusion power.
I'd imagine that constructing (and maintaining) an orbital lense would be a wonder-like effort.

To build an intergalactic ship and not be able to construct some sort of orbital magnifying glass or solar collector and beam back the energy to the chosen planet of colonization seems a bit hap hazard.

You're right, why doesn't this game have some kind of solar collector satellite in it?

Maybe it could give +1 energy to the tiles it affects or something like that. Or you could find a crashed one in a resource pod early on for an energy boost.

Here, I even whipped up some graphics they could use for such a thing:

You're right, why doesn't this game have some kind of solar collector satellite in it?

Maybe it could give +1 energy to the tiles it affects or something like that. Or you could find a crashed one in a resource pod early on for an energy boost.

This idea is genius! Firaxis, add this now!

Oh yeah/

derp

As you can see, I'm excited for solar collecting satellites.

Moderator Action: Moved to Ideas & Suggestions

Top Bottom