1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

There's Something About Neo

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Stuck_as_a_Mac, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

This summers New Smashing Hit. A single dad and his five children

Neo returns to the Palace in Gorina with the three newborns, Elizabeth and Lucentio

Neo sits down. He has Elizabeth sit to his left, Lucentio to his right. He places the newborns in their cradels in front of them.

Neo: Oy vey....... Im a beaurocrat, and now IM responsible for the continuation of a royal line... Curse my nebishiness!
    Neo's cousin, Aphrodite, walks in.
    Aphrodite: Knock knock! I hear youre now incharge of five kids, one who is the heir to the Lifespanius throne.
    Neo: And my son..
    Lucentio: I miss my mommy!
    Neo: Calm down, Lucentio. Why dont you and Elizabeth go and play with the Legion toys?
    Elizabeth: It's Liza. Liza with a "z".
    Neo: Okay, Liza. Go play with your brother
    Now, what to name these three kids?
    Neo looks at his children.
    What to name... what to name...
    Well, lets see. You, my son. I shall call you... Shylock DiSaaMuel Lifespanius. And you... the fiesty daughter... You will be... Lauren Neo DiSaaMuel
    Aphrodite: Woah.. wait. You're invoking the name of Lauren? Are you sure you want to do that?
    Neo: I am positive. Perhaps she can restore the glory to the DiSaaMuel name, something that is other then Paperwork...
    And as for the third... What about... Baptista? Baptista DiSaaMuel Lifespanius. Yes, those are all fine names.

(OCC- Lauren is mine and Baptista and Shylock are Dis's)
    SaaMs Bonus Points: Where are Baptista and Shylock from? HINT: 2 Differrent Plays

2. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: That shakespear play you auditioned for. I forgot the name.

3. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

You auditioned for the Taming of the Shrew, is that one?

4. Stuck_as_a_Mac

OCC- Baptista, yet. But Shylock is a different play.

5. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Time has passed. Lucentio is now 10, but he is still too young to rule on his own. He is on the throne, but Neo and his sister are ever present presences, helping him make decisions
    Neo: Now, Lucentio. The time has come for the DiSaaMuels to become High Nobility. We have been loyal servants to the empire. You can read about it in the History of Helenatica, now only one mango! Written by Neo DiSaaMuel, this piece of Literature is a definative guide to the history of the Sister of Fana..
    Lucentio: Will you PLEASE stop promoting your book? Now, for your promotion (OCC- Yours, Dis)

6. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Lucentio: "Oh daddy... why do i have to explain our nobility system to you every day? We are royalty already, as mommy was royal..."
    Neo: "Oh, stupid me... i almost forgot..."
    Lucentio: "You get old, daddy..."
    Neo: "Dont be so rude! Thou shalt have respect of the elders!"
    Lucentio: "Yes daddy.... i have..."
    Lucentio goes over to a drawing of the war area...
    Lucentio: "Daddy, i know im in charge of a royal line... and of many ownings... now tell me all about the war against the rebels..."
    Neo: "Well, i think you may be too young for that..."
    Lucentio: "DADDY! I(!) am the heir... and have the responsibility for helenatica... i have to defend the lifespanian ideals... mommy told me many things about that."
    Neo: "*sigh* well, if you insist... the rebels were repelled, with high losses on our side. the lederess of the rebels escaped... and their homeland is still not in fanatican hands..."
    Lucentio: "So why are we here? Tell me about my position in the army..."
    Neo: "Well, in fact you are now the general of the fanatican army... but i dont think it would be a good idea to ..."
    Lucentio: "But i do... i will be traveling to the frontline to talk to the commanders of the HMC... "
    Neo: "I do NOT think ..."
    Lucentio: "You are not here to think... Neo! That is my job!"
    Neo: "You.... shut up! YOU are still my son!"
    Lucentio: "You are still my dad, but also I am the leader of these people. I have to show up to help them in their effort to defend our homes!"
    Neo: "So you are playing the boss now? You are a child! Nobody will listen to you!"
    Lucentio: "They will, dad, they will... i will give full responsibility to the commander of the HMC... i only set the preference right... i also need a meeting with the despot afterwards..."
    Neo: "So do what you like then... if you dont want to listen..."
    Lucentio: "I will."
    Lucentio goes off with his personal guard to the frontline

OOC: even though he is 10, is is still mentally not a child any more. being braught up by a person like vendetta shows now.
    continued at the HMC-thread.

7. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: This starting to look like a drama show. :lol: Or an American Soap Opera :lol:. This is good.

8. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Lucentio is back home... but runs through the room angryly
    Lucentio: "This fool... how can he..."
    Neo comes in with a smile
    Neo: "Ah. I see he obviously sent you away..."
    Lucentio: "No, he followed my orders... but i know he did not take me serious. But i will set a sign in our history books! Our province is already booming! Just look at our figures for the land!"
    Neo: "Well, in fact this is not..."
    Lucentio: "I must think of how i can impress him... go off... i have to think..."

OOC: we are back here now... stuck, its your turn to post ;-)

9. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Neo ponders to himself...
    Neo: Well, well. Poor little Lucentio isnt being taken seriously. Perhaps now is the time for Daddy to step in. The troops are taken care of, but perhaps we need some empire building. Sirrah! Where are you? (Sirrah- term for one of lower rank)
    Sirrah: Yes, My lord?
    Neo: Sirrah, take down the following decree. By Order of the joint Lifespanius/DiSaaMuel rule, the following cities are to recieve cultural centers in them to further the image of the Province:
    Gorina- A theater, a Temple and a Library
    Penguinadua- A school of learning to teach the arts, a Library

These are, as we know, the biggest and most helpful cities of the province. How much do believe they would cost?
    Sirrah: That would be 20 shields, my Lord.
    Neo: Excelent. Now, to get Lucentio to sign the order. Lucentio, oh Lucentio!
    Lucentio comes in
    Lucentio: Yea Dad?
    Neo: I've got the perfect way to boost other peoples views of you. Just sign this paper and I'll handel everything else
    Lucentio: Hmmm.. Culture centers... Province building... seems like a good idea.
    Lucentio signs it.
    And so, the begining of the cultural buildup began

10. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Lucentio: "Father, i need to talk to you"
    Neo: "Sure son, what do you want?"
    Lucentio: "I need to learn things. All my life i was sitting in this palace... so i now would like to travel and see the wonders of fanatica by myself!"
    Neo: "What? But you are a RULER! You are needed here!"
    Lucentio: "Not at this time. lt. General Maxius is doing a fine job with the army and wont respect me anyways until im grown up, and you will be a good leader of helenatica during my absence... and im not out of the world, you know?"
    Neo: "Oh. Thank you... but..."
    Lucentio: "No but! I will leave you explicit orders... but you will have great freedom for your timed leadership"

OOC: continued for 1 post in the lifespanian family thread.

11. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Neo is now older. Much older. He is still in charge of the line, but Liza seems to be doing more of the paperwork. Aphrodite is also old, and is unwed. She dose, however, have a great deal of men around her constantly. She seems to like it that way. The cultural centers of Gorina and Penguinadua have been completed. They are shining monuments to the works of the DiSaaMuels. One such building is the library of Penguinadua, where Neo is currently.
    Neo: Paperwork.. paperwork.. paperwork... I'm controling an empire.. dont I have people to do this? Wait... I am the "people to do this." When will Lucentio come back... He's 16, I can understand, but you shouldnt do this to a parent!
    Aphrodite walks in
    (Calling outside) Aphrodite: I'll see you all later, boys. We'll continue this later. Meet me on the stage!
    Neo: Im not asking... Just please tell me that the palace dosent have that odd perfume and something else smell...
    Aphrodite: No, not today.
    Neo: Good.
    Aphrodite: Anyway, I got word from Gorina today. Shylock and Baptista are doing fine. Their tutors say they are smart, but find Lauren to be smarter.
    Neo: What else would we expect? Lauren is Lauren. How go her hunting classes?
    Aphrodite: Excelent. Her marksmanship teacher has stopped giving her lessons because she knows more then he dose.
    Neo: Excelent. How goes the Egyptian war? And any word from our Russian ambassador?
    Aphrodite: Well, Vlad and I have been spending some "From Russia With Love" time together. And as for the Egypt war, we're progressing.
    Neo: Aphro, can you send this paperwork to Gorina? It just needs the signatures of the Kids. Its for a big Map Room in the Palace.