1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

These advisors are off their rockers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Alzadar, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Alzadar

Alzadar Warlord

This has to be a bug, or the advisor scripting just makes no sense.

My Science Advisor says to build a Great War Bomber. Seems a bit weird, but my military is weak. If he's worried about defense though, why not advise the Arsenal?

My Economic Advisor says to build a Triplane. Why a different suggestion? If it's just a matter of weak military -> military units, why do they suggest different units? And what about the unbuilt Caravansary? For that matter, shouldn't the Science advisor suggest the Constabulary to maintain science lead?

And my Military Advisor says to build Cristo Redentor?!?!?:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Attached Files:

2. Callonia

Callonia Deity

It's all pretty good suggestions tbh.

WIth bombers you can obliterate slightly advanced units while your soldiers remain somewhat safe.

With triplanes you can defend your cities from being bombed and overrun so you can keep on making money.

With cristo rendentor you can acquire Autocracy policies even more faster for your military to become even more stronger.

3. Strategist83

Strategist83 King

The advisor suggestions are actually really well done. You'll certainly get situations where their recommendations aren't a good idea (for instance, the Manhattan Project gets so high priority they'll always want you to build it even if you can't build atomic bombs yet and have no source of uranium), and sometimes they might seem a bit confused such as in your posted situation, but most of the time their suggestions are quite good.

4. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Adviser suggestions (when I remember to check them) do sometimes advise of good things. For instance, I get reminded that another Civ needs a Luxury that I actually have - very useful advice that was. And my military guy seems to be on the ball about my military chances against other nations. So I trust most of their suggestions... except for the economics guy.

I just wish advisers were animated or at least had proper verbal speech.

5. Biologist

Biologist Researcher

What's really fun is when your foreign advisor starts asking you to build military units. "I'm not saying diplomacy has totally failed or anything, but...."

6. Alzadar

Alzadar Warlord

Those are generic explanations though. You could swap who suggested what and still explain them the same way. So it's Advisors #1, 2 and 3, not really Military, Science, Economic.

Also I was Freedom and had already taken Arsenal of Democracy and Foreign Legion (simply because there's nothing else good in that tree), so your justification for Cristo makes no sense.

I hear people talk about the Luxury thing, how do you get that from them?

For military though he seems to just go off demographics score, which means 95% on Immortal he's going to say you're getting trounced, even if you're cleaning clocks.

7. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Freedom?
    I DENOUNCE YOU! You're a warmongering menace to the whole world!

*Proceeds to attack the freedom loving civ with autocratic armies of doom.*

And yes, Cristo Rendor does make sense, you can get patronage, aesthestics, piety, honor policies faster!

In my older playthrough I have gone down the honor/tradition route then into Explorer tree midgame with lategame going down the autocracy+ commerce and patronage and maxed both. And now filling out the Piety or Aesthestics before the game finished.

10% discount helps in long term goal of meeting your military needs.

You haven't seen what a juggernaut can do with alot of policies finished. Cuz its too rare for a game to have several super powers at once. Each bit advantage helps and matters!

8. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

When you check the adviser`s panel, you get your 4 advisers. They each often have several bits of advice, but you need toclick the arrow to get on the next advice. Do this for the Luxury adviser and if you have a Lux that another Civ needs, she`ll tell you. Or rather, you`ll read it.

9. Alzadar

Alzadar Warlord

On the 2nd panel? Alright, I guess I just didn't have anything to trade when I tried, because all I could find was a bunch of silly advice.

10. PrideDefiler

PrideDefiler Chieftain

I first looked at the 271 tourism and thought to myself "how the f#@& is that possible?"....and then I saw that player was France :p

Oh that double theming bonus stacking with Aesthetics theming bonus...

:lol:

11. Alzadar

Alzadar Warlord

24 Tourism from the Louvre alone. :cool:

12. sadv

sadv Chieftain

All the Chateau's also give your Tourism with Hotel+Airport

13. Callonia

Callonia Deity

I've reached 1600 tourism as Germany.. xD Without the world games I was somewhere at 800ish after it ended.

My only regret is that no great musician spawned while I had mega tourism going on.

14. Rohili

Rohili King

That's actually very smart of him. It's called deterrence - in the real world, people will only bother to negotiate with you if they believe you are not a pushover and can back up your threats with real might. This is largely also the case in Civ V, where the AI will attack you if you have a weak military no matter how good your relationship is. It is also reflected in city-state dynamics - CSes will only pay tribute to you if they feel threatened by your military might.