1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

They believe we are building new cities too aggressively!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Blitz Spearman, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Blitz Spearman

Blitz Spearman Warlord

What exactly is the formula for this diplo penalty? This is extremely annoying and has ruined some games for me, specially Pangaea maps on immortal+, when I have many neighbours hating me at the same time because of this, and this almost always lead to 2vs1 wars, no rarely with a 3rd contender DoWing me before I can get peace with the first 2. They always start to hate me with a bright red diplo penalty when I settle my 4th city, which is completely ridiculous, because no way I am going to have a chance against the AI with less than 4 cities.

2. MarshalN

MarshalN Prince

I got this with my fifth city, I think it might also has to do with the interval between new cities.

3. Theruss

Theruss Warlord

Also, I think this diplo hit can pop up after receiving a few cities from a peace deal, for some reason... had it pop up after about 50 turns since I used a settler for a new city... so it must have been from the cities from the peace deal.

4. troublmaker

troublmaker Warlord

I hate having to turn down a peace treaty because my opponent is giving me all of his cities...

5. earthwulf

earthwulf Warlord

Yeah, me too. So I cherry pick the cities I want... especially if there are any that are puppeted by long dead civs.

6. kingofsealand

kingofsealand Warlord

On the contrary they dont seem to do the HERE TAKE 5 CITIES thing anymore when begging for peace. I can declare war, send a few troops their way but take nothing and lose no units, then get a peace offer with 1 of their cities included. I usually have so many of my own that i just burn it down but then my happiness score has time to recover during the peace treaty, until i want another city. Too easy to take advantage of the AI this way.

7. MarshalN

MarshalN Prince

What difficulty are you playing at? Sounds like you have overwhelming military power. On immortal, which I usually play, they ignore you and at best give you a white peace unless you killed a lot of their units.

8. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

The AI hates it when you settle towards them, they see it as preparation for war. Which is good, because when the AI does that to you you should be thinking the same thing. :p