1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

They believe we are building new cities too aggressively

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Memoryjar, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Memoryjar

Memoryjar Emperor

Hi all,

How does it work ?
    I have issues with this red diplomatic point.
    In a game, I settled a 6th city (around T120) and had 3 instant DoW. In another, had the point on my 4th (T80). This two games without «they looking for land you own».
    Sometimes, I plant 5 cities/Tradition in 100 turns and had not this issue. Also, made some ICS sacred rites and too had no effect for this penalty.

Is there a rule for this ? Turn between settle cities ? Numbers of cities regard to Number of AI cities ? AI civs ?

2. Sharples

Sharples Prince

Usually happens to mne after you plant your fourth. Also for some reason happens if you take over enemy cities.

3. mikeville

mikeville Chieftain

Depends on your military too.

If you're building settlers then you aren't building soldiers, and if they think you're weak or over-expanded, they'll attack.

4. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Your own military has nothing to do with this AI penalty. But if your military is indeed weak, it would increase likelihood of war even if the AI wasn't expressing anything negative.

It's all about you having more than X% cities that that AI by any means. As I recall, this is one of the many modifiers that last the whole game so even if that AI later builds more cities than you, he'll still dislike that at one point you had many more cities than he did in terms of percentage.

5. Charlie_B

Charlie_B Warlord

I'm pretty sure that this is incorrect. In my current game I've kept pushing at the edge of my neighbour's tolderance for new cities, occasionally prompting the "building new cities too aggressively" tag, but then waiting a while and planting new cities when it goes away.

6. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Ais sometimes complain when you build too close to them and suddenly dow. Complain back if ais build too close to you.

7. Sharples

Sharples Prince

I did that with Babylon, they complied, but their settler just got stuck in between for the next 50 turns.... then they got smart and settled away from me. :lol:

8. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

Are you playing gods and king or brave new world?

9. Memoryjar

Memoryjar Emperor

Thanks all.

I had instant 3 DoW. Not only close neighboor. It was not due to my army, cause I managed make war between AI.

I wonder if they are any tricks fro this. Turn between settle city ? Distance of the cities ? How many turns stay the red point ?

10. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

It has nothing to do with has fast you settle cities or their distance or even if self founded vs acquired by other means; it's stay less than X% of whatever cities they currently have at all times. (I think it's around 150%)

11. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

Ignore diplomacy because the developers patched the AI to make it act like a human bad idea
    they clearly don't know what they are doing

Im' sorry when brave new world came out it was so perfect know its ed up thanxs a lot

thinx i am just going to play multiplayer firaxis