They have posted system reqirements on apolyads.

Stephan Hoyer said:
Grrr... I am extremely dissapointed by the 64MB video memory requirement, because my laptop has 32MB of video memory and the graphics card cannot be upgraded, so I thought I would be okay. This requirements seem inordinate to me -- if I can play half-life 2, shouldn't I be able to play civ?
Does anyone know if you can reassign normal ram to video ram if you have integrated graphics? I have 64mb viedo ram but would assign more to video if I could.

Ashlord said:
Yes, but try explaining to the wife why I need to purchase a new computer to just play games. That is a conversation not many husbands can win. ;) Wives seem to think that the kids need clothes for school and things like that. Other than the operating system, everything else on my computer would run CIV IV. Even the DVD question would not bother me. I am just dissappointed. :( I was really looking forward to getting CIV IV.

You could tell her that a better gfx card, more ram, and a better processor will aid in surfing and watching videos etc. Maybe she'd like that.

LAnkou said:
Is the GeForce FX 5200 enough for the minimum?
it a 64MB card, but i don't know where it is compare to minimum...
That is more than sufficient.

Carver said:
Does anyone know if you can reassign normal ram to video ram if you have integrated graphics? I have 64mb viedo ram but would assign more to video if I could.

Some graphics and BIOSes will allow that. If you have the minimum, though, you're probably better off using that memory for the game unless you have a lot of memory.

apatheist said:
It wouldn't be a very good solution if the game ran like a pig. Your choice, though.

I'm talking about installing it under 98/ME against Microsoft's wishes.

apatheist said:
You've been given some pretty strong hints that it won't run for even that long in the hardware requirements.

Pardon? It might've only been my dated soundcard, which doesn't really support EAX. Or maybe the fact that my computer likes to freeze and/or crash during perfectly normal procedures. I'm not running a museum-quality comp unless you look at the OS.

Would a Athlon Sempron 2200+ be able to run this game? I going to get this computer upgraded with a GeForce6600 GT by Thursday next week to play the game, but don't want to find out my processor is going to explode from too much demend on it.

Rirse said:
Would a Athlon Sempron 2200+ be able to run this game? I going to get this computer upgraded with a GeForce6600 GT by Thursday next week to play the game, but don't want to find out my processor is going to explode from too much demend on it.

Yes thats fine.

Top Bottom