1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

They nerfed AI happiness bonus, right?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ggmoyang, Jul 14, 2013.

1. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

Damn deity AI...

Japan didn't switched to freedom until the end. (I won cultural victory)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      226 KB
      Views:
  2. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I wonder why the Japanese are special, though. The AI happiness seems to be less for all the others besides the Japanese there.

3. Pyke

Pyke Chieftain

Japan's happiness is only -1.... the first column represents discontent, the second column represents happiness. Both non-freedom civs have significant discontent.

Assuming the OP is carthage, it looks like the AIs that have Freedom (likely the World Ideology) are doing just fine....
    Carthage: -2 happiness
    France: 47 happiness
    Japan: -1 happiness
    The Iroquois: 24 happiness
    The Zulus: 5 happiness

4. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

The player is France. And he's pointing out that Japan had 99 Happiness to counter the -100 unrest.

5. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

well formed Autocrats are harder to break, mainly due to Autocrats needing more happiness than others for war purposes.

Between the happiness from castles+ (+1 here) and the happiness from Barracks+ (+2 each here), they can maintain more local happiness than others. If they had access to a tonne of unique luxuries and built the Prora (mass happiness for SPs) then they can withstand some problems. Check out which SPs they had and if they had mercantile CS allies or other ways to get happiness (such as wonders).

edit: and Deity AIs still get a 25% reduction in unhappiness (from Pop I think).

6. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Arioch explained what I meant and MadDjinn explained what's going on in the screenshot. I guess problem solved :p

7. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Yes, and no; the AI no longer plays on Chieftain level. But it doesn't play on Prince (or Warlord) either, and instead plays on "AI DEFAULT" level.

This is 15 starting happiness; that is actually SETTLER level starting happiness. (Prince is 9)

But, it no longer gets the extra happiness per luxury.

And it now gets 90% of unhappiness from cities & population. That 90% is between Warlord & Prince.

In addition, the AI gets additional unhappy bonuses if the human is playing on Emperor+. (90% * 90% in case of Emperor)

Also, the AI now gets a bigger science discount than Settler and now gets a policy discount between Chieftain & Warlord.