They nerfed AI happiness bonus, right?

ggmoyang

King
Damn deity AI...

Japan didn't switched to freedom until the end. (I won cultural victory)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 454
I wonder why the Japanese are special, though. The AI happiness seems to be less for all the others besides the Japanese there.

I wonder why the Japanese are special, though. The AI happiness seems to be less for all the others besides the Japanese there.

Japan's happiness is only -1.... the first column represents discontent, the second column represents happiness. Both non-freedom civs have significant discontent.

Assuming the OP is carthage, it looks like the AIs that have Freedom (likely the World Ideology) are doing just fine....
Carthage: -2 happiness
France: 47 happiness
Japan: -1 happiness
The Iroquois: 24 happiness
The Zulus: 5 happiness

well formed Autocrats are harder to break, mainly due to Autocrats needing more happiness than others for war purposes.

Between the happiness from castles+ (+1 here) and the happiness from Barracks+ (+2 each here), they can maintain more local happiness than others. If they had access to a tonne of unique luxuries and built the Prora (mass happiness for SPs) then they can withstand some problems. Check out which SPs they had and if they had mercantile CS allies or other ways to get happiness (such as wonders).

edit: and Deity AIs still get a 25% reduction in unhappiness (from Pop I think).

Arioch explained what I meant and MadDjinn explained what's going on in the screenshot. I guess problem solved :p

They nerfed AI happiness bonus

Yes, and no; the AI no longer plays on Chieftain level. But it doesn't play on Prince (or Warlord) either, and instead plays on "AI DEFAULT" level.

This is 15 starting happiness; that is actually SETTLER level starting happiness. (Prince is 9)

But, it no longer gets the extra happiness per luxury.

And it now gets 90% of unhappiness from cities & population. That 90% is between Warlord & Prince.

In addition, the AI gets additional unhappy bonuses if the human is playing on Emperor+. (90% * 90% in case of Emperor)

Also, the AI now gets a bigger science discount than Settler and now gets a policy discount between Chieftain & Warlord.

Top Bottom