They're All Barbarians.

I'll surely get to this one day (just came back from holdiays) but I also have that other earth-nightmare to attend to (RR14), so it might take a while before I have the time and energy for this one. Maybe/probably the New Year.

If we can get Hatty down, then this really starts looking good. Well, doable. ;)

Stay tuned for the next drab and tedious episode: Hats blown away.

Well, not exactly blown away......

Started with tedious moving armies through barbarian territory with the usual meaningless skirmishes.

1892. Heliopolis falls. Mediolanum is born.

Another obscure russian tundra cities disappears.

Memphis falls.The Kremlin is no longer a wonder of the world but merely a collection of souvenir trinkets for the Imperial Tourist Board.

1894. The unruly citizens of Kagoshima demand a confucian temple! :whipped: Happy now?

The city of Aksum is founded in north east africa.

The unruly citizens of Lakamha, seduced by bacchanalian orgies revert to barbarism! They shall die :mad: :mad:. The ruins of their barbarian hovels will be dumped in the sea along with their mutlated corpses. I mean, really, how uncouth :nono:.

We have a small navy in south east asia. We also have a couple of small stacks in northern asia.

Attachments

• Tokugawa AD-1894.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Well I've had enough of this game. I'm not playing it for the rest of the year (we started on May 22, I played the first set on May 28 and we've still got a long way to go!). Maybe the New Year will bring new enthusiasm ( though I'm away throughout January anyway).

nocho is UP!!

Well I've had enough of this game. I'm not playing it for the rest of the year (we started on May 22, I played the first set on May 28 and we've still got a long way to go!). Maybe the New Year will bring new enthusiasm ( though I'm away throughout January anyway).

nocho is UP!!

we actually started this in May :rolleyes: it'll be May before we finish:lol:

Okay, got it finally. Seems I'll have some fun in Africa. I'll play over the next couple of days hopefully. Let's see if we can bring this baby home within a year after its conception. :D

So I had my share of the fun. :D I actually enjoyed it. :mischief:

The Egyptians have been cleared out of northern and north/mid-eastern Africa, That's to say they have some cities left in southern Africa as well as their overseas possessions, mainly in Australia. On the way cleared out the remaining Arabian cities in Africa, the Arabs are now confined to South America. Importantly that has freed up the red sea for naval access/support through the suez to the mediterranean.

Cleared 4 cities from the Indians in Indonesia. Signed peace with them for the remainder of Assembly Line. I stole democracy and cash from the Russians and decided to kill them off to get rid of some WW and motherland yearning.

We're still at war with Egypt/Arabia/Rome. We could sign peace with them, if it weren't for the fact that I think we should now quickly make short work of the Greeks and the Romans, the latter still being a vassal of Egypt. We have truckloads of units in general and something of a navy now in Suez (6 transports filled with art/rifles, dump them asap next to Athens :D). Through the central asian plains a lot of stray units are heading west (infantry/artillery mainly) to help out in the European theatre. Another option is to turn on Mali.

Here's a view of where the bulk of the action has taken place and likely will take place next.

And because of the colourfullness I'll post this too.

I think we'll win this quite easily from here, be it with some work. Monty being next on the scoreboard is a clear indication towards this. :D

Dug up this roster:

pigswill
cripp7 - UP
r-rolo1 - On deck
pholkhero
RRRRaskolknikov
nocho - Just played

Attachments

• Tokugawa AD-1907.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Looking good :thumbsup:.

Maybe aim for fascism coz police state and rushmore would make our citizens happy people (or at least happy on the outside while inwardly groaning under the weight of oppression :aargh:).

Time for the greek barbarians to join the Universal Enlightenment.

Maybe, just maybe, get peace with hatlady and her vassals (in exchange for something tasty) and spend a few turns beating up greece and mali before returning our attention to the Lady in Yellow.

If that colorful map tells us something is that we actually need to start killing people for good ;)

Now more seriously, the WW is bad , really bad. I really think we NEED PS :D

In that case rolo is up.

Indeed killing some people for good would be good. That's also why I finished off the Russians. A small task force in Madagascar to get rid of all that light blue overlay would be good too. ;) The WW is indeed bad, but it was actually worse. PS could work. Tanks would be nice, but I don't think we need to tech further, we just put our enormous weight on everybody else and they seem to crumble. That's to say we may have some leeway with the cultural slider.

If that colorful map tells us something is that we actually need to start killing people for good ;)

At this point, Persian barbarians shouldn't be far from our great armies... (unless they escaped Madagascar???)

Happy new year btw! Wish u health and happy civing ;)

edit: and now I read the last post from Nocho :suicide: :lol: I guess that's a second good reason to go for the persians :goodjob:

Ok. got it ...

I agree with nocho: we could win with our current tech level by simple unit spam and rolling out. but i would definitely welcome some faster units besides cavs .

It doesn't matter what colour the map is, so barbrarian superstitions linger among the ignorant peasantry, who cares as long as they're our ignorant peasants.

Tanks would be cool but police state seems to be the priority. Maybe make it the price of hatwoman's (temporary) survival.

I still like the idea of pinching the malinese oil while annihilating the greeks (btw don't accept any gifts from the greek barbarians, they can't be trusted).

I am enjoying the hospitality of my in-laws on the brazilian coast :). I have access to the internet but can't load civ, this is likely to last a few more weeks. I am of course confident that my lack of active participation will greatly accelerate the rate of conquest.

Ok. got it ...
Yeah, it's good to have this one in the queue just after you finished a set in RR14. Tell me about it! :D

I agree with nocho: we could win with our current tech level by simple unit spam and rolling out. but i would definitely welcome some faster units besides cavs .
Tanks would indeed be nice, mainly just to end this quicker.

@pigswill, have fun in Brazil, if that's somehow possible. :mischief: Remember, they're all barbarians!

'Besides' in this context means 'in addition to' cavalry.

The fastest units in enemy territory are of course transports protected by destroyers or battleships.

Lurker: Isn't a 2 move land unit the fastest in the game? I don't recall tanks having 3 moves...

'Besides' in this context means 'in addition to' cavalry.

The fastest units in enemy territory are of course transports protected by destroyers or battleships.
:nono:

The fastest unit in enemy territory ( besides air units and missiles :p ) are commando + morale gunships on roads ( because gunships are the only land unit that is slower on rails than on road ) and : 13 moves/turn ( or it is 15 ? Morale gives a extra move point ( that is multiplied by 3 on road ) or simply adds a move ? :dunno: )... to get things in perspective, even nav I + II + Morale + circumnavigation destroyers ( the fastest sea unit possible without modding or WB ) only get 12 moves/turn. Not that you will ever see much of either of them ....

Now add blitz :devil: :hammer:

I will try to start playing the set today. I already seen the save and the sheer size of the thing is discouraging :p

:nono:

The fastest unit in enemy territory ( besides air units and missiles :p ) are commando + morale gunships on roads ( because gunships are the only land unit that is slower on rails than on road ) and : 13 moves/turn ( or it is 15 ? Morale gives a extra move point ( that is multiplied by 3 on road ) or simply adds a move ? :dunno: )... to get things in perspective, even nav I + II + Morale + circumnavigation destroyers ( the fastest sea unit possible without modding or WB ) only get 12 moves/turn. Not that you will ever see much of either of them ....

Now add blitz :devil: :hammer:

I will try to start playing the set today. I already seen the save and the sheer size of the thing is discouraging :p

LAND units. Ships don't count. Neither do helos, which are technically air units :p

Point of note, though. I don't think Gunships get a road or a rail bonus to movement.

Top Bottom