1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

They're All Barbarians.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by pigswill, May 22, 2011.

1. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Football is soccer which is indeed football, not some strange american love-child with the same name. pholkhero is UP and its up to him to advise us as to availability.

2. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

i can play. I got it. will continue to fight the good fight, and bring civilization to the dogs.

3. AJ11

AJ11 Emperor

LURKER: You ain't seen the Australian version, have you? *shudder* It is nigh sacrilegeous...

4. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Highlights:

The declaration by Monty didn't happen until Hatty was cleared out of africa, though Mansa took her last city down at the cape. :mad: foolishly, not realizing she vassaled rome, i took peace with her to cut down on unhappies. fortunately we took rome before the peace, and are now ready to restart the war with him (and the rest of them). I have a small force in the north of africa marked as Task Force Neapolis plus transports and destoyers to take them over teh sea.

Monty didn't send anything to us but 2 destroyers and as we won the UN leader vote, i proposed ending the war w/monty and it succeeded. Still, i have a few destroyers on construction and it probably won't be long until he redeclares.

I have our army mustering in the hills of central africa (that's the last pic). We have three generals there, so i think we should have 3 armies. We have OBs with him (not sure if that broke the variant rules actually ~ just now realizing it ~ but OBs with the intention just to scout territory before our advance may be justified, no?) so can scout his cities beforehand. Have about 7 anti-tank ready to go, plus a SIZEABLE amount of artillery and rifleman.

I stopped unit production for the most part and focused on wealth or other "butter" builds, and we're gaining about 200 gold at 40% now. We'll have radio in 8 turns. also shifted some eps around ~ now 3:1:0 with Mansa:Hatty:the Rest.

Attached Files:

5. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Open Borders? :confused: . Open Borders? :crazyeye:. With a barbarian ? :mad: :mad:.

United Nation ? :confused:. There are no united nations, there's us and barbarian tribes and that's it. Ignore it. They want a resolution?. There shall be no resolution. It is beneath Our Dignity to consort with barbarians or their lickspittle emissaries. Which tribe has built this ridiculous edifice? Burn it down.

Apart from the absurd confusion between barbarians and real people sounds like a fine round. The aztec barbarians were bound to be aztec barbarians sooner or later.

With industrialisation we can start building battleships iirc as well as a few tanks. Radio for bombers then maybe switch tech off and just focus on military and new cities.

Once we start to erase the malinese their french lapdogs will probably yap a bit so maybe send a few dog wardens in that direction.

6. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

ahh, forgot to mention ~ france has built the apollo. we have our roman task force for the continent, as well as several cities in the western russian/eastern europe that can afford to be denuded of all but token defense to take the rest of europe.

7. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

Who's up?

8. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Who´s up? You are! (assuming your PC is no longer ´kaput´).

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRas is on deck (or maybe lurking apathetically).

Pholkerho is not the Messiah :jesus:, he´s a very naughty boy :spank:. Open Borders?

9. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Good job Pholk (except the violating rules part :lol:)!

I am lurking quietly, I might be able to take a week end round Pigswill :salute:

11. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Had a look at the save. We have some anonymous generals, could do with being named (after famous Samurai of course). Destroyer stack in the Seychelles could perhaps be split, half to madagascar and half to australia. Might be nice to have some battleships in our pacific fleet in case the meso-american barbarians become more determined in their insolence. Overall looking good (though we still need more land).

12. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

well I guess I need to play :D. I'll pick to save up tomorrow, my PC is working fine now.

13. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

Looking over the save, we have a considerable stack(s) in Africa for Mansu which is good but there's no settlers with them. will build settlers

IHT-

Moved 2 settlers from France to Africa
    Split our Africa stack into 3 stacks
    Canceled OB with Mansa

Only played about 8 turns, declared on Mansa and cleared his west coast.
    We can clear out Mansa with the current configurations of SoD w/settlers:)

Spoiler :

14. MaxWar

MaxWar King

What sort of crazy resolution is that ?
    Looks just like mine, only worse!

15. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

crazy resolution:confused:

16. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I think he is talking about your screen settings :mischief:

17. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

oh yeah I forgot about that:lol:I haven't fixed the setting on my monitor that enables a full 1080p picture.

I did get a UN resolution that I selected none. All the units that are built on the east are going to the pickup for Australia, battleships and transports are needed for that fleet.

The other aircraft carrier and transports around the South Cape of Africa is going to pick up our stack on the west Coast, however, we need more transports for that. Mansa will be gone in no time.

18. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Sounds good.

For some reason I am unable to load the save (though I´m able to load pholkhero´s last save) so cannot comment in detail.

How goes the war in Europe?

Any signs of the green barbarian from the other continent?

19. nocho

nocho Deity

At the end of the load process the save also crashes for me...

20. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Also CTD to me ... probably MAF :(