1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

They're All Barbarians.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by pigswill, May 22, 2011.

1. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Oh :blush:

But again, are we required to kill'em all ? :D The first post does not say nothing about that ( so I would assume that we don't need to ), but it seems somewhat out of the spirit of the variant to win with some barbs still around :D

2. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

It depends on what the team wants. We can certainly protract the game by going for conquest or wrap it up sooner with domination. On the one hand I´m sure we´re all thoroughly enjoying romping through the AI at the moment. On the other hand I got the impression that RR14 got quite tedious towards the end.

3. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Yup it got ... and I think in here it has the potential of being even worse since we don't have any land base in the Americas ( to allow air transport to there ). OTOH the American civs do not look half as threatning as a Monty with tanks and Mechs , like we got in RR14 ...

4. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I'm going to have to skip, unless you can wait till Friday

5. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Hope your appointment is for nothing serious; Good luck with whatever it is :thumbsup:.

I can play a few turns at the moment (I´ve got a nasty foot :cringe: which needs to heal up before I can fly back to England and work). So I´ll swop for now and leave you to clear up the mess on Friday.

6. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Got it!

Immediately cancelled open borders with the malinese barbarians, even if we´re going to war its the principle of the thing.

Do we really need radio? Maybe switch research to 0% and upgrade our gallent riflemen/women to infantry (after all some of them started as real samurai).

7. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Radio = bombers ( after flight OFC ). I would definitely get it

8. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

ok the game has moved on to July 1941 and we have indeed discovered Radio.

Did I mention we declared war against the malinese barbarians in 1936?

Interestingly enough Louis decided to go solo in 1937 and after losing a few random units donated 565g to ´Give Peace a Chance´.

For some strange reason we are the secretary general of the united nations :confused: (a bizarre concept indeed) and we are far too confused by this to actually make any kind of proposals to the barbarians (as if we would in the first place :mad:).

Civilisation has been introduced to large areas of africa:

The leader of the malinese barbarians proposed teaching us Divine Right :lol: in return for the opportunity to survive a few more years. We have known for the past six thousand years that we have a Divine Right to rule the world, indeed a Sacred Duty to spread civilisation to the benighted and oppressed.

A few random observations:

I´ve reduced research to 0% coz we really don´t need anything else.

I blew most of our cash upgrading some rifles to infantry.

Our troops are rallying at Suez.

We have a couple of stacks in north africa which should be enough to clear the continent, the malinese have a couple of south pacific tax havens.

We have a small flotilla in the med.

We have a small flotilla in malaysia.

We have a small flotilla in namibia/angola.

The indian barbarians are ´independent´.

Maybe its time to declare on hats again. Med flotilla to polish off rome. Malaysia flotilla to polish off australia. Namibian flotilla to polish off egyptian argentina. North africa to be civilised. Maybe teach the french barbarians that the only true freedom is incorporation into the Immortal Empire. As usual we need more settlers.

A lot depends on what the aztec primitives do next, they´ll certainly declare on us for sure.

If I don´t add a save someone will complain. If I do add a save and it can´t be loaded someone else will complain. Its a hard life;).

Attached Files:

9. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

I must admit I was expecting cripp7 to take up the reins but as he/she hasn´t posted a ´got it´I´ll play a few more turns.

10. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

GOT IT!! sorry about that

11. nocho

nocho Deity

It is looking rather well indeed. If ridding the Eurasiafrican continent from Barbarian influence nets us domination, I for one would be happy enough with that result. Let's just pretend the mighty Japanese never found the Americas. :mischief:

12. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

IIRC the Old World is not enough for Dom unless you settle all tiles or very close of it. Anyway some Aussie land will do as well :D

13. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Grabbing lots of naff cities in Siberia and a few desert cities will get us close. Europe should provide a bit more. The economy can certainly cope with city spam (7gpt per city) if were not researching.

Maybe think about Australia. South America is probably too much hassle.

Lots and lots of settlers.

edit: I did play on a few turns but they were pretty naff and best forgotten.

14. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

Teched through Rocketry

Our troops are rallying at Suez.[/quote]

Stack is pretty big, we need to disperse this to the west??

Africa cleared, can't find his S Pacific cities. Where exactly?

Used for Rome, settled new city

Sent to Australia

Sent to the Amazon to clear Hatty

Almost gone, our stack had a lot of arty, trans[ports sent back to staging area for unit pickup

He didn't declare on this round. English have gunships now.

I put settlers where the French have fallen, also started building a small stack in Utica. With bomber support we'll take Paris next turn.

Attached Files:

15. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Good play ... will be especially satisfying to see Paris burn. It will clean the wonders tab in F9 quite nicely :p

16. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Having gone through to sort out who played when it would appear that nocho is UP with rolo on deck.

17. nocho

nocho Deity

Then this is an apparent got it. Don't expect it too soon though...

18. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

No rush.

I expect you´ve got an awkward team mate in sgotm that eats into your time by posting nonsense.

We´ve basically got this game wrapped up so its not so interesting and challenging now apart from getting it finished asap. Definitely domination, start settling cities anywhere they´ll grab land (particularly northern siberia, may be some desert spots as well) as well as claiming eurasia for ourselves.

I´m thinking about another Earth 18 SG, this time not involving massive warfare.

19. nocho

nocho Deity

All my sgotm team mates are wonderful!

But yeah, sgotm does eat into my actual civving time (I normally have max 2 hours in the late evening to actually play or test. I can talk about civ all day however! :D).

20. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

That is why I don't do SGOTM anymore :D It is extremely fun and you learn a lot, but gosh, it eats time like caterpillars eat leaves :p